Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

It's returning from the dead!!!

It's returning from the dead!!!

Old Sep 15th 2007, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Gothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant future
Default It's returning from the dead!!!

Can't believe it, wanted the Wispa choc bar back on the shelves for so long, now they are bringing it back and I'm in Bl**dy Australia!!!
My taste buds are watering!!!
What's the cheapest flight I can get

Here's the evidence:

'Love at first bite

We can’t resist a story with a happy ending so let’s hear it for the return of the mighty Wispa chocolate bar - first issued in the 1980’s and back, by public demand after a worldwide whinge about its absence from the shelves.

Since Wispa’s production line ground to a halt in 2003, thousands of fans have lobbied for its return to sweet shops via Bring Back Wispa groups on networking sites such as Facebook, Bebo and Myspace.

Cadbury finally made the dreams of chocoholics come true last month when they announced the Wispa Classic would go back on-sale from 8th October. The only difference between 1983 and now is the price hike from its original 16p to 42p. If only we could bring back 80s prices.' (from msn uk site)
Old Sep 15th 2007, 9:22 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: It's returning from the dead!!!

Originally Posted by Gothchick View Post
Can't believe it, wanted the Wispa choc bar back on the shelves for so long, now they are bringing it back and I'm in Bl**dy Australia!!!

Here's the evidence:

'Love at first bite

We can’t resist a story with a happy ending so let’s hear it for the return of the mighty Wispa chocolate bar - first issued in the 1980’s and back, by public demand after a worldwide whinge about its absence from the shelves.

Since Wispa’s production line ground to a halt in 2003, thousands of fans have lobbied for its return to sweet shops via Bring Back Wispa groups on networking sites such as Facebook, Bebo and Myspace.

Cadbury finally made the dreams of chocoholics come true last month when they announced the Wispa Classic would go back on-sale from 8th October. The only difference between 1983 and now is the price hike from its original 16p to 42p. If only we could bring back 80s prices.' (from msn uk site)
Mmmmm, yum yum.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough
Default Re: It's returning from the dead!!!

Here's the evidence:

'Love at first bite

Well thats damn good news
Old Sep 15th 2007, 12:24 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Want me to post you some
Old Sep 15th 2007, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Why did George Michael have chocolate around his mouth?

He was careless with his wispa.....

An oldie but still a goodie!!!!
Old Sep 15th 2007, 2:23 pm
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

Back in the 80s we got some vouchers for 20 free Wispa bars, (can't remember where from??)

Best form of aversion therapy available, 10 Wispa bars in one evening. Never eaten one since. Would probably be sick if I saw one. LOL.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 2:27 pm
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gotooz1 View Post
Back in the 80s we got some vouchers for 20 free Wispa bars, (can't remember where from??)

Best form of aversion therapy available, 10 Wispa bars in one evening. Never eaten one since. Would probably be sick if I saw one. LOL.
that's a challenge i wouldn't be afraid to tackle.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 8:10 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

mmmm I love wispa bars
Old Sep 15th 2007, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by penky View Post
mmmm I love wispa bars
Me too
Old Sep 15th 2007, 11:28 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gotooz1 View Post

I did that too!!! You had to eat a certain amount of wispa and then you sent off for them??? I think??

I used to have a paper round and buy some each week with my "wages"...

mmmmmm... I love Wispas!

Em x

PS We used to live fairly close to Cadburys and we did the tour quite often... you can never get too used to the smell of chocolate as you got near the factory... and the chocolate you were given on the tour (and there was quite a lot of bars) tasted a zillion time better than the ones in the shops!
Old Sep 16th 2007, 12:46 am
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by emelems View Post
I did that too!!! You had to eat a certain amount of wispa and then you sent off for them??? I think??

I used to have a paper round and buy some each week with my "wages"...

mmmmmm... I love Wispas!

Em x

PS We used to live fairly close to Cadburys and we did the tour quite often... you can never get too used to the smell of chocolate as you got near the factory... and the chocolate you were given on the tour (and there was quite a lot of bars) tasted a zillion time better than the ones in the shops!

I think we had the same lives! My Aunt worked at Cadburys and we used to get all the mishapes etc. Apparently the staff were also allowed to eat as much chocolate as they wanted on the premises to stop stealing. What a job!!! My Aunt was very slim - don't know how she managed that unless she couldn't face eating chocolate ever again after the first week. LOL.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Gothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant future

please don't come on here and tell me how yummy they are now that they are back, due out in Oct.
It'll be a sad day for me over here,
Can just about remember the taste..........
Old Oct 11th 2007, 9:51 am
Just Joined

che1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's the evidence:

'Love at first bite

Just a quick reply to let you know that the WISPA bar is now back on english sweet shop shelves and they taste better than ever
Old Oct 11th 2007, 9:54 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

gonns buy one when i see one! yummy!
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:53 am
Bring it On

Funkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud of

got a boxful from costco

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.