Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Its official.... I'm demob happy

Its official.... I'm demob happy

Old Sep 29th 2011, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Its official.... I'm demob happy

decision made... CVs out there... Not jumping ship til I find the RIGHT job but I am going.....

had a long chat with my CEO today and have agreed to hold off handing in my resignation for 2 weeks, so she can get back from her annual leave and have had a chance to talk to me about it.... but I dont believe there is anything she can offer me that would induce me to have another weekend of 7 phonecalls at various times about this, that and the other.... I'm NEVER totally off duty... NEVER out of contact if really NEEDED.... I HAVE to do casual pool shifts to make up the money I lose "not" working unsocial hours at another hospital.. This nackers me out... And I DREAD phoning HIM and telling HIM I wont be home til stoopid o clock, or getting phonecalls that wake up the whole house at stoopid o clock...

Love the job, love the place, love (most) of the team ... Tho there are still vipers in the nest...

But I HAVE to get a balance... And right now I'm totally off balance as far as home/work life goes.....

So watch this space.... Dream job, right rate of pay and right hours HERE I COME!!!!!!
Old Sep 30th 2011, 2:24 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its official.... I'm demob happy

Best of luck finding that job soonest, or a close fit to it.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 4:04 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you've made a good decision for you and your family. Getting the balance right is the key to it all - working to live, not living to work and all that sort of thing.

Good luck with your job hunt, I hope you find one that ticks all the metaphorical boxes!
Old Sep 30th 2011, 6:09 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!!! I really hope you find another job really soon. The lack of separation between your home & work life is a complete killer of everything, your sanity, relationships with friends and family. No job is worth this.

I have everything crossed for you
Old Sep 30th 2011, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I'm married to someone who often works weekends, at night and has 51 e-mails on his blackberry before breakfast. get out now- it is no life!

And good luck.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 12:26 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by eddie007
decision made... CVs out there... Not jumping ship til I find the RIGHT job but I am going.....

had a long chat with my CEO today and have agreed to hold off handing in my resignation for 2 weeks, so she can get back from her annual leave and have had a chance to talk to me about it.... but I dont believe there is anything she can offer me that would induce me to have another weekend of 7 phonecalls at various times about this, that and the other.... I'm NEVER totally off duty... NEVER out of contact if really NEEDED.... I HAVE to do casual pool shifts to make up the money I lose "not" working unsocial hours at another hospital.. This nackers me out... And I DREAD phoning HIM and telling HIM I wont be home til stoopid o clock, or getting phonecalls that wake up the whole house at stoopid o clock...

Love the job, love the place, love (most) of the team ... Tho there are still vipers in the nest...

But I HAVE to get a balance... And right now I'm totally off balance as far as home/work life goes.....

So watch this space.... Dream job, right rate of pay and right hours HERE I COME!!!!!!
Dream job, working as Branson's private nurse on one of his tropical islands...
Old Oct 1st 2011, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furbacchione
Dream job, working as Branson's private nurse on one of his tropical islands...
No way... Me and my family are quite happy living here in shockingham