It's The Best Place God Made!

Old Dec 22nd 2006, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default It's The Best Place God Made!

Are they right?
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: It's The Best Place God Made!

Originally Posted by iPom
dunno, never been. If it is near the lakes surely it must be lovely?! Never a good idea to slag off an area to someone who was born & breed there!
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 10:01 pm

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

It goes to show huh? How one persons experience of somewhere can be so vastly different to others....
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 10:08 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

My husband served his apprenticship in Barrow-in-Furness and worked there for a number of years after, from 1984 to 1990. It is a town that revolved around shipbuilding, in 1988 14,000 people were employed by VSEL not to mention the countless in associated industries in the area. Now they employ roughly 3000. I haven't been to Barrow for a number of years and it is very close to the Lakes and some other wonderful countryside but like a lot of towns built around an industry that has declined it has a lot of social problems, high unemployment, drugs, crime etc.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 12:20 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hels Bells
It goes to show huh? How one persons experience of somewhere can be so vastly different to others....

Indeed.

Fancy an English person saying something so Australian...

< tongue in cheek smiley >
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 2:48 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
My husband served his apprenticship in Barrow-in-Furness and worked there for a number of years after, from 1984 to 1990. It is a town that revolved around shipbuilding, in 1988 14,000 people were employed by VSEL not to mention the countless in associated industries in the area. Now they employ roughly 3000. I haven't been to Barrow for a number of years and it is very close to the Lakes and some other wonderful countryside but like a lot of towns built around an industry that has declined it has a lot of social problems, high unemployment, drugs, crime etc.
Father was at school in Seascale up the road. I've been there and Barrow, Whitehaven, Workington a few times... Not great IMHO... Countryside is fab though...
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 5:13 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: It's The Best Place God Made!

"Whinging Pom's shop vandalised by whinging Poms".
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 7:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I've had the misfortune of being there twice, each time for 1 week, once on a school geography field trip, and once on a University geography field trip. No exaggeration, it rained the entire time I was there, BOTH times. i was wet from the time I arrived till the time I left.

As part of the Uni field trip we had to go around one of the housing estates knocking on doors asking people how the airborne pollution from the nearby chemical plant disrupted their lives. God it was depressing, these people were getting all kinds of chemical crap dropped on them when it rained (which was always...).

So I'd never go back, even if they promised it wouldn't rain for the whole time,
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissydeb
dunno, never been. If it is near the lakes surely it must be lovely?! Never a good idea to slag off an area to someone who was born & breed there!
Very true Workington is my home town and for 38 years I was happy there!!
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

I clicked on this thread thinking it was going to be about Yorkshire God's own country and all.

I had a boyfriend from Barrow. He lived in Manchester though, said he'd never live in Barrow again. Nuff said.
J.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 11:40 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I spent a month there one weekend.

Last edited by Bordy; Dec 24th 2006 at 1:16 am.
Old Dec 24th 2006, 12:56 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
I spent a month their one weekend.
LOL

You didn't spend it at spelling school then
Old Dec 24th 2006, 1:04 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Let me see... Best place God made... Now where have I ehard that before, I wonder
Old Dec 24th 2006, 1:17 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
LOL

You didn't spend it at spelling school then

Ok fixed.

I wondered if anyone would notice.
Old Dec 24th 2006, 1:49 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
Ok fixed.

I wondered if anyone would notice.
Buggar...and I allus thought you went to same school as me and Soapy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.