Isnt it weird?

Old Mar 20th 2011, 10:27 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Isnt it weird?

How when family/friends come to visit you from the UK, and after the initial emotions, it is then like you have never been apart.

'Are you going to cry when you see your Dad?' Mr PP asked me as we were at the International Arrivals at Perth Airport today.

'Don't be daft' I told him, feeling calm (calmish)

'There he is!' Mr PP said in a high pitched voice (for him)

Forgetting I am a 43 year old woman, I barged beyond the barrier and jumped on my Dad and cried like a girl. Hanging on to him, he didnt say a word but I could feel him shaking and then he said 'Now you can stop grizzling!'

'Its very hot today' Dad declared on the way back in the car and then laughed when I pointed out the kangaroo road sign that we passed when we landed in Perth 3 years ago, I call it my 'I am in Australia moment'.

One hour later he is in the garden having a beer with Mr PP, while the kelpie tries to convince him that yes, he does want to play ball with him.

Now he is sitting in the living room, periodically nodding off, letting out little snores the way in which old people do. He 'shuffles' and doesnt have the 'big dad stride' that he used to, he doesnt look quite as big and strong as I remember him but it is still like we havent been apart.

Mr PP is cooking in the kitchen, I am having a much needed cold glass of white wine at my computer and judging by the snoring, Dad is snoozing on the sofa.

So far he is impressed, I am glad he is impressed as I was nervous as to what he would think of our new life and if it would be too quiet for him. He is impressed with our lovely neighbours - whom I have told him about before and tonight our neighbour introcuded herself and gave us a box of chooks eggs so Dad can have them for his breakfast.

Mr PP has this week off and I have the following two weeks off afterwards, although I am college two days a week but Dad is fine with that and all the work I have to do for it, he has worked in TV so knows what film making is like.

Anyway, thats it - Dad is here and its like we havent been apart. Did anyone else feel the same? I am not even going to think about him flying back

Welcome to Australia Dad.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Isnt it weird?

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
How when family/friends come to visit you from the UK, and after the initial emotions, it is then like you have never been apart.

'Are you going to cry when you see your Dad?' Mr PP asked me as we were at the International Arrivals at Perth Airport today.

Forgetting I am a 43 year old woman, I barged beyond the barrier and jumped on my Dad and cried like a girl. Hanging on to him, he didnt say a word but I could feel him shaking and then he said 'Now you can stop grizzling!'

'Its very hot today' Dad declared on the way back in the car and then laughed when I pointed out the kangaroo road sign that we passed when we landed in Perth 3 years ago, I call it my 'I am in Australia moment'.

One hour later he is in the garden having a beer with Mr PP, while the kelpie tries to convince him that yes, he does want to play ball with him.

Now he is sitting in the living room, periodically nodding off, letting out little snores the way in which old people do. He 'shuffles' and doesnt have the 'big dad stride' that he used to, he doesnt look quite as big and strong as I remember him but it is still like we havent been apart.

Mr PP is cooking in the kitchen, I am having a much needed cold glass of white wine at my computer and judging by the snoring, Dad is snoozing on the sofa.

So far he is impressed, I am glad he is impressed as I was nervous as to what he would think of our new life and if it would be too quiet for him. He is impressed with our lovely neighbours - whom I have told him about before and tonight our neighbour introcuded herself and gave us a box of chooks eggs so Dad can have them for his breakfast.

Mr PP has this week off and I have the following two weeks off afterwards, although I am college two days a week but Dad is fine with that and all the work I have to do for it, he has worked in TV so knows what film making is like.

Anyway, thats it - Dad is here and its like we havent been apart. Did anyone else feel the same? I am not even going to think about him flying back

Great he got here.

Thats brilliant, heres to you both enjoying every minute
Old Mar 20th 2011, 10:44 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

That is just wonderful PP - just made me have a wee snuffle. Cherish every single minute, you are very lucky indeed. xxx
Old Mar 20th 2011, 10:46 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one PP. I'm welling up...
Old Mar 20th 2011, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Great to know he made it.

I know exactly how you feel. Every time my parents come visit, it just feels like I saw them only a week before. They usually start bickering within 5 minutes of landing, so I know they're still the same Similar thing happens when I see my sisters or close friends. We just kind of pick up where we left off.

I have to admit that it gets bit harder to see them go now that the children are older. It kind of broke my heart after Christmas when my boy (who has a speech delay and so doesn't often articulate how he feels) said "Dragon is very sad" as he was waving the taxi goodbye. Dragon is not his name btw, he was just pretending to be one that day. It is just so hard to explain to little kids why people they love go away, even if we know we'll see them again in few months. Then again, he did get over it quick enough after my dad sent pictures of the planes. Then it was all about being a plane and whizzing around the house

Make the best of the time you have together and try not to think too much about him leaving.

Last edited by elice_in_oz; Mar 20th 2011 at 11:04 am.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

enjoy your time together.. my mom is here from the UK at the moment, goes back on friday. Its great to be able to show them where you live and friends and places you frequent so when you chat on the phone later on they are able to imagine it all.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 11:10 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Y'know, I think that's why we're nervous, PP, when family comes to visit. We're still children to them, we become children around them, and we want them to be proud of us and what we've done with our lives. I'm sure your Dad is very proud of you.

Lovely post. Enjoy your time with him as much as I'm sure he'll enjoy his time with you.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 12:04 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Y'know, I think that's why we're nervous, PP, when family comes to visit. We're still children to them, we become children around them, and we want them to be proud of us and what we've done with our lives. I'm sure your Dad is very proud of you.

Lovely post. Enjoy your time with him as much as I'm sure he'll enjoy his time with you.
Yes, I think you are right.

He enjoyed the steak Mr PP cooked for him and they are both now watching Border Security in the living room, it doesnt feel odd, just 'normal' - whatever that means.

While we were eating, he kept touching my arm saying 'nice to be with you here' and he laughs at my Kelpie who now has 3 humans and a cat to herd up.

I cant get used to him dropping off to sleep but apparantly he does it in the UK as well.

Anyway, I have to be up at 6am for work tomorrow, so I guess I will have to get used to the fact that when I get up, Dad will be there as well.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 12:08 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

great to hear your dad has finally arrived and alls good mate
Old Mar 20th 2011, 12:09 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I think you are right.

He enjoyed the steak Mr PP cooked for him and they are both now watching Border Security in the living room, it doesnt feel odd, just 'normal' - whatever that means.

While we were eating, he kept touching my arm saying 'nice to be with you here' and he laughs at my Kelpie who now has 3 humans and a cat to herd up.

I cant get used to him dropping off to sleep but apparantly he does it in the UK as well.

Anyway, I have to be up at 6am for work tomorrow, so I guess I will have to get used to the fact that when I get up, Dad will be there as well.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 12:23 pm

Wel the last week has finally caught up with me and I feel so tired that I could fight my bed no longer, just got in to bed and I could hear Mr PP and Dad talking and I had a moment where I couldn't believe my Dad was in the next room! It seems like it's not real and if it were not for the fact I'm naked curled up in bed, I would go and check I'm not dreaming.

Just remind me to put some clothes on when I surface tomorrow morning!!!
Old Mar 20th 2011, 12:23 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm off to the UK next Friday so I'll be seeing my Dad in about ten days' time. He's not always the easiest person but he's my Dad, and I love him very much even if he does drive me mad within the hour.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 12:30 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Great stuff PP

Enjoy your time together
Old Mar 20th 2011, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point

Wel the last week has finally caught up with me and I feel so tired that I could fight my bed no longer, just got in to bed and I could hear Mr PP and Dad talking and I had a moment where I couldn't believe my Dad was in the next room! It seems like it's not real and if it were not for the fact I'm naked curled up in bed, I would go and check I'm not dreaming.

Just remind me to put some clothes on when I surface tomorrow morning!!!
as renth said,im firming up to...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Mar 20th 2011, 12:35 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so pleased he made it over and I hope you have a great time. I'd love my dad to visit me x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.