Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Irish Woman abducted Sydney Rd Brunswick.

Irish Woman abducted Sydney Rd Brunswick.

Old Sep 27th 2012, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Irish Woman abducted Sydney Rd Brunswick.

Has Melbourne got more of this than Sydney?
Old Sep 27th 2012, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
So sad she was found dead.

So was it the guy in the footage? Guy arrested looks a lot chunkier than the tall slim man in blue hoodie.
Very sad ...... Don't know ..... know one knows - he hasn't been convicted yet - only charged.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
One thing I noticed when staying in Newtown(Sydney) a few years back was the number of solo women on the street at around two in the morning.
You wouldn't see that in Perth. I thought it was good to see women feling self asssured enough to be out at that time.

I doubt if anywhere is really safe. I can speak for Perth inner city. My OH was followed by men in cars on numerous occasions her first year in Oz. She was quite scared a couple of times. Something she only once experienced in Europe.
We have noticed in Melbourne some intrusive charecters around. A lot of inner city areas don't have much street traffic after hours..as such I'd imagine a degree of care would need to be taken.
Must say when I was younger I felt safer in London streets than Oz........

Condolances to the family involved. RIP Jill.....
Old Sep 27th 2012, 2:38 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
So sad she was found dead.

So was it the guy in the footage? Guy arrested looks a lot chunkier than the tall slim man in blue hoodie.

Really makes you think, as a woman about getting about alone.

Last month in Melb there must be dozens of images of me on CCTV being approached by men asking for money/cigarettes, easy way to get up close to you isnt it.

Edit, yes, just read it was man in cctv footage who was arrested.
Thank god for the CCTV, it might not have saved Jill but it did at least save her family from never knowing and it did assist in finding the killer.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 2:46 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
One thing I noticed when staying in Newtown(Sydney) a few years back was the number of solo women on the street at around two in the morning.
newtown is known to be a lesbian haven.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
The community is in total shock, as it's quite normal for women to walk around on their own at night in this part of town. The reason thats the case is there are so many clubs and bars around the Northern Subs, that people come from all around to eat and drink around here. It's very common to see women walking on their own late at night even in streets of off main drags as they toddle of home to the 100's of apartments around.

I've never seen such collective anger at aimed at one person.... even when this region produced the underbelly gangsters that shot each other... no collective reaction.... even when this region produced it's own terrorists bombers... understandable in a sense and aimed at a known cause... This is just beyond reason and brings a collective hatred and despsised response. a loss of innocence if you will. Compounded by realsing that one takes resposobility for ones own safety when there are predetors around and that a hard pill to swallow and also brings a angry reaction. Even angry that it wasn't the husband that did it as per 90 pct of these cases... and angry at oneself for thinking that at the beginning.

Hate to admit it but if there was a lynch mob going, I'd be right up the front if I could ... and I always thought I'd be against the death penalty.... even that feeling makes me angry.

Very upset, pissed off and emotional about all of this.

It's also anger at the end of the Myth that this kind of thing doesn't really happen

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Sep 27th 2012 at 3:29 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 3:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
Yehp we've got Northcote... same thing and the next suburb across.... I guess the women walk around there in pairs mostly.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
You wouldn't see that in Perth. I thought it was good to see women feling self asssured enough to be out at that time.

I doubt if anywhere is really safe. I can speak for Perth inner city. My OH was followed by men in cars on numerous occasions her first year in Oz. She was quite scared a couple of times. Something she only once experienced in Europe.
We have noticed in Melbourne some intrusive charecters around. A lot of inner city areas don't have much street traffic after hours..as such I'd imagine a degree of care would need to be taken.
Must say when I was younger I felt safer in London streets than Oz........

Condolances to the family involved. RIP Jill.....
Other than you last line ..... what a crock of shite.

A terrible, one off, opportunistic, crime. Could happen anywhere in the world by someone who is sick enough.

I would worry more about Mrs Beoz walking the streets of Clapham, with the dodgy mini cabs, beggers, and so forth than I would the streets of anywhere in Australia.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Other than you last line ..... what a crock of shite.

ACould happen anywhere in the world by someone who is sick enough.
Er, you're actually agreeing with them. And I think the same, everywhere has the same dangers really as we just don't know.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

It could happen anywhere, any city, any country, any time, day night, village, lane, park, before CCTV it even happened at train stations.

What people seem to have overlooked, or not mentioned, is that a car was supposed to have turned around and gone toward her.

Its possible then then he stopped her, distracted her, put her in the right position for a car and other person/s to grab her. There must have been a car, witness to that and she was found 60klm away. I don't think he acted alone.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How has he gotten her into a vehicle in Sydney rd... alone without anyone noticing ?

Unless she didn't struggle ? Or people ignored the struggle and haven't come forward or reported as coming forwards yet. ?

Hopefully that crucial method will come out in the next few days.

Blimey re your post JandR Telepathy
Old Sep 27th 2012, 5:03 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Worth bearing in mind. http://www.theage.com.au/technology/...928-26pe4.html
Old Sep 27th 2012, 5:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20

Yehp.... See your point. The problem is safely tucked away for the present.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
I know where I'm going tonight, need to "turn" a few
Old Sep 27th 2012, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
The media themselves have a responsibility to not report stories the way they do. The name of the accused shouldnt have been mentioned in the papers without there being a guilty verdict (which would be a long way off).

The social media problem won't go away as people are angry at this and will vent (especially on sites they believe are private).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.