Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

iPhone app- citizenship test

iPhone app- citizenship test

Old Feb 18th 2010, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

wooah will become famous soon enough
Default iPhone app- citizenship test

I have just come across the iCitizenship iPhone app. I know nothing about it and I have not bought it myself but just thought I would share it in case it is useful for others:

http://www.phoneisfriend.com/iphone_..._citizen_test/

iCitizenship - New Australian Citizenship Test
Description
ALERT: The Australian government announced that all citizenship applicants need to take a new revised citizenship test from 19 October 2009 on.

This is the FIRST app and so far the ONLY one to assist you in preparing for the NEW Australian citizenship test. It has a database of a large number of practice questions to help you to get familiar with the new test content. All the questions are based on the latest test resource book, "Australian Citizenship: Our Common Bond". You can study and take a practice test anywhere and any time you like, for example, when you are waiting for a bus or riding on a train. Remember, you must have enough practice before sitting your Australian Citizenship Test.

All questions of this app have been carefully selected by citizenship experts and they cover all three testable sections of the test resource book. The app provides valuable practice questions for people in all states and territories of Australia, including New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia, Tasmania, the Australian Capital Territory and the Northern Territory.

There are two modes of this app: the Study Mode and the Test Mode. The Study Mode saves your time in memorizing all the content of the test. The questions are grouped by category so that it is easy to learn and understand. The Test Mode lets you take practice tests and evaluate your proficiency in the test content. After each test, a report shows the time you spent and the scores you got. You can choose the number of questions in a test. You should take enough practice before you go for the actual test.

Highlights of Benefits and Features:

* Study or take a test any time and anywhere you like;
* Get advices after each test;
* Track the exam time like the actual test;
* Display questions with wrong answers only;
* Hint during a practice test;
* Pick the number of the questions in a test;
* Never run into the same test twice because questions and answers are shuffled randomly;
* Choose the categories of content for self-learning;
* Get familiar with the multiple-choice format of the test.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: iPhone app- citizenship test

Nice idea for a necessary evil.

Citizenship tests are a joke in my view. People born in Australia and those born overseas to Australians never have to pass a test - and probably couldn't without studying either!
Old Feb 18th 2010, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

wooah will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Devlin
Nice idea for a necessary evil.

Citizenship tests are a joke in my view. People born in Australia and those born overseas to Australians never have to pass a test - and probably couldn't without studying either!
I agree. One of my colleagues is from NZ and recently took a UK citizenship test. I didn't know most of the answers and I have lived here for thirty-odd years.

When I lived in Australia I worked with this born-and-bred Australian girl. One of our other (British) colleagues asked her to settle an argument about what was the capital of Australia. And guess what...she didn't know. I had to tell her!!!
Old Feb 18th 2010, 10:03 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that most Australians wouldnt be able to pass the test, but I do think its a good way to encourage us to learn more about the country. I actuallly quite enjoyed reading up on it all... does that make me sad?!!!