Internet and BOB??

Old Jun 14th 2010, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Internet and BOB??

Hey all

Just wondering if any of you tech heads out there have BoB or if you know anything about it.

http://www.westnet.com.au/bob/#meet-bob

I know Iinet have it a long time but now westnet are doing it and say it will be twice the wireless performance of other modems.

So I would like to know if any of you guys have it and was it worth the money??

Thanks Paddy
Old Jun 14th 2010, 2:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internet and BOB??

I always thought Bob was something else...
Old Jun 14th 2010, 4:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I always thought Bob was something else...
You and me both.....
Old Jun 14th 2010, 9:37 pm
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
Hey all

Just wondering if any of you tech heads out there have BoB or if you know anything about it.

I know Iinet have it a long time but now westnet are doing it and say it will be twice the wireless performance of other modems.

Thanks Paddy
Hi Paddy,

Don't have it but I have enquired about it and was told if you're a current customer it's not available just yet, only available to new westnet customers for the time being but you can register your interest in online, think that way they'll keep you in the loop.

Interested to hear any feedback on it too
Telstra have something similar (saw it advertised on the tv) looks pretty funky so I could be tempted...

Sorry I can't be of more help!

ob
Old Jun 15th 2010, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by oz bound
Hi Paddy,

Don't have it but I have enquired about it and was told if you're a current customer it's not available just yet, only available to new westnet customers for the time being but you can register your interest in online, think that way they'll keep you in the loop.

Interested to hear any feedback on it too
Telstra have something similar (saw it advertised on the tv) looks pretty funky so I could be tempted...

Sorry I can't be of more help!

ob
Thanks Oz

We will have to wait and see what happens.

Paddy
Old Jun 15th 2010, 4:22 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

You just want the 'I go naked with BOB' t-shirt.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 7:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by datamile
You just want the 'I go naked with BOB' t-shirt.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, think you'll need Bob to use the new Fetch tv service iinet is launching...
Old Jun 15th 2010, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all

Thanks Paddy
Microsoft BOB ?

JTL
Old Jun 15th 2010, 2:06 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all

Thanks Paddy
I have one - have had one for 3 months and its going back. Its a bag of crap.
Im on beta firmware that i had to upload myself, its been configured within an inch of its life, and its rubbish.

The handset is mediocre at best.
The thing doesnt always ring (kinda 'killer app' for phones really...)
Sometimes you cant ring out
Call quality has been rubbish ( i am on a 8meg line )

Look on whirlpool forums - there are lots of threads about it.

In my view its still in development - hence the beta code that they tell you to download to 'fix' issues. If it was a solid product they'd have it working.

on one good note - IInet have been pretty good support wise -but the bad thing I I know that because Ive had to ring them so many times about the BoB. (Box of B--------------s) I am switching to telstra soon I think , Im prepared mentally for the endurance test of ringing big-pond support and dealing with telstra... but they are the only ones who can give me fast line on the 1960's infrastructure in my estate that was built in 2000. Roll on the NBN