Interesting read

Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:23 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Interesting read

Quality of life in the 'burbs
clicky here
Old Aug 20th 2008, 1:50 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interesting read

I think these kind of surveys are rubbish. They just cobble together a bunch of different factors and then think they can get away with calling the group "quality of life".

Problem is, they always understate the importance of money in these kind of surveys, which is* the key determinant of quality of life in our society.

* Tree huggers, gurus, and selected other groups not included.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 7:56 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
Quality of life in the 'burbs
clicky here
I visited some friends of ours in those leafy north shore suburbs of Sydney, yes they have a huge house and some land however they also have their kids hanging round at home bored with nothing to do I thought it was rather soul less.

Here on the coast my friends kids of the same age live on the beach they body board and just hang out there, they go walking go to cafes cycle along the front and still have easy train access to the city.

ok the houses are smaller but really do you need 3 or 4 reception rooms? I would rather see the kids outside playing which is after all what many came to Oz for.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 11:11 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Statistics don't lie do they ?

No.

But you can choose which to assemble and consequently "massage" what is portrayed.