Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

inlaws and out laws whats the longest theyve stayed!?

inlaws and out laws whats the longest theyve stayed!?

Old Dec 31st 2013, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

pome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of light
Default inlaws and out laws whats the longest theyve stayed!?

We all have family over this time of year, once you've waited on them hand and foot and there on the plane who misses them and who breaths a sigh of relief.........go
Old Dec 31st 2013, 12:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: inlaws and out laws whats the longest theyve stayed!?

Originally Posted by pome bstrd
We all have family over this time of year, once you've waited on them hand and foot and there on the plane who misses them and who breaths a sigh of relief.........go
Could have missed this one, as it's not in the Barbie.... Shitbags mother and sister go home on Thursday arvo and I will DESPARATELY miss them....

MIL is herefor another 4 weeks.... And that can't come soon enough!

Seriously...
Old Dec 31st 2013, 8:21 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

When you ask 'what's the longest they've stayed?' do you mean actual physical time or the subjective feeling when you're trapped in the seventh circle of hell?

A month, is the answer to the former.

Eternity, is the answer to the latter.
Old Dec 31st 2013, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

7 weeks, 3 to go. in fairness I did get on the piss with em last night, and shhhh, don't tell the wife but I'm picking her brother up from the airport tomorrow

he's a landlord so it should be pretty awesome.

love the eternity bit, and stay strong Ed, put the knife down
Old Dec 31st 2013, 10:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

3 months.

Mil and Fil.

It was great. I don't subscribe to this notion that family has to equate with bad news. My Mil gave birth to the Missus
so there is no disaster on that front.
She's really helpful too.
Old Dec 31st 2013, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
3 months.

Mil and Fil.

It was great. I don't subscribe to this notion that family has to equate with bad news. My Mil gave birth to the Missus
so there is no disaster on that front.
She's really helpful too.
Aha.... And there in lies the rub... HIS inlaws think the sun shines out of his arse.... The son they never had, blah,blah,blah.....

It's MY inlaws who are the spawn of Satan....
Old Dec 31st 2013, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Aha.... And there in lies the rub... HIS inlaws think the sun shines out of his arse.... The son they never had, blah,blah,blah.....

It's MY inlaws who are the spawn of Satan....
rat poison?
Old Dec 31st 2013, 10:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
rat poison?
Tried that, she asked for second helpings....then ate the leftovers for breakfast
Old Dec 31st 2013, 11:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

They refuse to come. Not great for the wife. Reading these posts sounds like its a good thing.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

We've had guests solid since beginning of October 2013. No end it sight, should have a revolving door. Poor kids are on the floor tonight as In Laws are in the guest room and we've two more guests tonight so it's one each in the kids bedrooms, while they camp (happily, thankfully) on the floor which will soon become the 2nd spare.

We've just moved house and as yet haven't had a night home alone with just the kids! Hanging out for it! We get on well with both sets of parents but it's just the physical extra people, "catering" etc

At 80 I don't know how much longer FIL will be up to the flight so we need to make the most of it - even if he cheats whilst playing cards with the boys!
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

In laws been here for 3 months twice and i forget how long the other time was Never a problem when they visit as they don't take things for granted and do their fair share of housy things whilst here Next visit is in 2015 but only for 3 weeks for er indoors' 50th along with her 2 brothers, wives and 1 niece. No availability sign will be displayed in the window !
Old Jan 4th 2014, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

pome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of light

We got to the airport and obviously the cases were over... on further examination fil case was full of the tooheys extra dry id put in the fridge the night before..............we were all speechless... but when your 72 whos gonna argue
the other case was full of presents for other inlaws and outlaws.... i didnt even get a pair of socks as a thank you............or maybe its just ME!
Old Jan 4th 2014, 1:22 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Over the years my parents came to visit us many many times, often for 3 months at a time. Admittedly, on a few occasions it got tough towards the end but my mum and dad were always considerate and my lads wouldn't have the many cherished memories of their grandparents if they didn't come over and spend so much time with us. These days it's just my dad because my mum is now gone. He does get a bit cranky at times but most of the time he's lots of laughs and is much loved by us all. Hopefully he can continue to spend 2-3 months of every year with us.

Other than that we've had many of my OH's brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews spend time with us but usually no more than 3 weeks at a time. We had my wife's nephew live with us in London for a year once while he studied for his masters. Throughout, he was a good and considerate bloke
Old Jan 4th 2014, 1:31 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

My UK folks have not been out here in 9 years, a couple of mates have.

I'm generally an anti-social Knut so it bothers me not.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

GreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to all

Not sure if you guys gave heard this joke, but what is the difference between inlaws and outlaws?

Outlaws are wanted...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.