Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Initial entry (probably another silly question)

Initial entry (probably another silly question)

Old Sep 30th 2008, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold
Default Initial entry (probably another silly question)

Sorry I seem to be making a habit of this at the moment

We fly out to Perth on Saturday for our initial entry. Other than our passports that now have those very expensive but lovely stickers in them, do we need to take any other paper work with us or is it just our passports? Hubby says that's all we need but I want to be doubly sure as it's a long way to fly & an expensive trip if we don't take everything we need

Cheers in advance

Alison x
Old Sep 30th 2008, 2:41 pm
Hot Cake

yasir.asad is a jewel in the roughyasir.asad is a jewel in the roughyasir.asad is a jewel in the roughyasir.asad is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Initial entry (probably another silly question)

Originally Posted by al150n

We fly out to Perth on Saturday for our initial entry. Other than our passports that now have those very expensive but lovely stickers in them, do we need to take any other paper work with us or is it just our passports? Hubby says that's all we need but I want to be doubly sure as it's a long way to fly & an expensive trip if we don't take everything we need

Cheers in advance

Alison x
well i think u should bring all those documents that u used to get the visa.
it is really veri important.

u should also have copies of those documents.
u have to open a bank account .
to get a job
to get a home

all these actions required document evidence.

well i will land in first week of November.
so let me know what you missed in your first trip
Old Sep 30th 2008, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by yasir.asad
well i think u should bring all those documents that u used to get the visa.
it is really veri important.

u should also have copies of those documents.
u have to open a bank account .
to get a job
to get a home

all these actions required document evidence.

well i will land in first week of November.
so let me know what you missed in your first trip
Bank account is already sorted, hubby just needs to make an appointment with them for one day next week.

We won't actually be moving out there for another 20 months or so so getting a job & a home aren't an issue at the moment.

Alison x
Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:01 pm
Hot Cake

yasir.asad is a jewel in the roughyasir.asad is a jewel in the roughyasir.asad is a jewel in the roughyasir.asad is a jewel in the rough

20 monthss ..ohhh what a long term plan.

then what are the issues?
have u landed ?
Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

20 monthss ..ohhh what a long term plan.

then what are the issues?
have u landed ?
We'd love to move sooner but need to clear some debts first & plus it gives me a little bit longer here with my older 3 kids before I move so far away from them

I just wanted to make sure we don't get all the way out there at the weekend only to find we needed more paperwork with us or something other than our passports for us first entry in to the country. I'm flapping about everything at the moment & it's only a holiday, what the hell am I going to be like when we move

Alison x
Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:23 pm
Hot Cake

We'd love to move sooner but need to clear some debts first & plus it gives me a little bit longer here with my older 3 kids before I move so far away from them

I just wanted to make sure we don't get all the way out there at the weekend only to find we needed more paperwork with us or something other than our passports for us first entry in to the country. I'm flapping about everything at the moment & it's only a holiday, what the hell am I going to be like when we move

Alison x
well
Alison
u dont need anything other than passport for the first time entry .

thats more than enough.
i hope u have done homework before moving .
like where will u stay , where will u go , map reading etc .

moving with three kids and one hubby is not easy
Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

well
Alison
u dont need anything other than passport for the first time entry .

thats more than enough.
i hope u have done homework before moving .
like where will u stay , where will u go , map reading etc .

moving with three kids and one hubby is not easy
My 3 older kids won't be moving with us It will just be hubby & my younger 2 kids.

We're staying with friends next week & will be staying with them when we first move out there whilst we get sorted out properly. Not so sure they'll be quite so keen on the idea after the next 2 weeks with the kids running around though

Alison x
Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:41 pm
Hot Cake

My 3 older kids won't be moving with us It will just be hubby & my younger 2 kids.

We're staying with friends next week & will be staying with them when we first move out there whilst we get sorted out properly. Not so sure they'll be quite so keen on the idea after the next 2 weeks with the kids running around though

Alison x
oh i c
so u ve 5 kids,,,,cool

Alison ..y r u not bringing all of your kids,
and wish u gud luck .
may u get wt u want
Old Sep 30th 2008, 7:27 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers in advance

Alison x
You need nothing other than your passports. You go through immigration as normal. On your landing card tick migrating to Australia. Thats it.

You'll be lucky to get a welcome to Australia comment from the immigration officer and there is no special procedure at all.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

oh i c
so u ve 5 kids,,,,cool

Alison ..y r u not bringing all of your kids,
and wish u gud luck .
may u get wt u want
Not many people say 'cool' when they hear I have 5 kids

My older 3 kids live with their dad (long story) & there is no way he'd have agreed for me to take them out of the country. Still amazed that he okayed the meds. I am dreading leaving them behind but I have no doubt that they will follow me out there at some point & will at least be out for long holidays as soon as they don't have to answer to their dad.

Where are you flying to in November? Hope it all goes well for you too!

Alison x
Old Sep 30th 2008, 9:45 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
On your landing card tick migrating to Australia. Thats it.
Not sure that that is appropriate for a validation trip.

G
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Grayling
Not sure that that is appropriate for a validation trip.

G
We ticked the 'Other' box on the landing card as although it was a holiday the main reason for our visit was for our initial entry for our visas.

Alison x
Old Oct 20th 2008, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud of

We asked and were told to put holiday in the box.