Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I'm selling my teenager - Make me an offer

I'm selling my teenager - Make me an offer

Old Jan 14th 2012, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm selling my teenager - Make me an offer

Originally Posted by northernbird
I thought we did but I can't even begin to telling you how this has knocked me for 6. I am absolutely devastated Oh well, today is another day so hopefully she comes home today.
You do mate... And this is why it hurts so much, its totally out of character and out of left field... She'll be good.... And so will you
Old Jan 14th 2012, 1:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I thought we did but I can't even begin to telling you how this has knocked me for 6. I am absolutely devastated Oh well, today is another day so hopefully she comes home today.

Old Jan 14th 2012, 1:28 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Shit, got all this to come. I've already started having nightmares about this kind of scenario.
for you and your daughter. I'm sure things will sort themselves out naturally.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 1:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Shit, got all this to come. I've already started having nightmares about this kind of scenario.
for you and your daughter. I'm sure things will sort themselves out naturally.
Kevin has been there, done that, she wrote the bloody book on how to be a disaster of a teenager... All our fault for dragging her to australia at a crucial time in her life.... Some of the stories I could tell you would make your hair curl..

They mostly go there and do it... Buy the t shirt, then resume normal service some time later... In her case 3years later...

Gorgeous had his own first spell of being the teenager from hell back in july/august.. The hoppalong kid is getting there...

They usually come out good in the end... it took me twenty years...

Parents blame themselves and are so harsh on themselves ... Its part of growing up... Finding the wrong crowd and getting into them... Its not the parents fault... As teens we are beginning to make our own decisions... They HAVE to rebel and kick against somethting... The more "normal" the family the more outrageous they appear to be...

My friends daughter who was sent to summerhill and was encouraged to live a dropout lifestyle by her hippyshit parents rebelled... She became an accountant... They have disinherited her... SO disappointed...
Old Jan 14th 2012, 1:49 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Kevin has been there, done that, she wrote the bloody book on how to be a disaster of a teenager... All our fault for dragging her to australia at a crucial time in her life.... Some of the stories I could tell you would make your hair curl..

They mostly go there and do it... Buy the t shirt, then resume normal service some time later... In her case 3years later...

Gorgeous had his own first spell of being the teenager from hell back in july/august.. The hoppalong kid is getting there...

They usually come out good in the end... it took me twenty years...

Parents blame themselves and are so harsh on themselves ... Its part of growing up... Finding the wrong crowd and getting into them... Its not the parents fault... As teens we are beginning to make our own decisions... They HAVE to rebel and kick against somethting... The more "normal" the family the more outrageous they appear to be...

My friends daughter who was sent to summerhill and was encouraged to live a dropout lifestyle by her hippyshit parents rebelled... She became an accountant... They have disinherited her... SO disappointed...

That's fab!
Old Jan 14th 2012, 1:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
[/COLOR]

That's fab!
Its true.. She became an accountant, started eating meat, married (totally against their beliefs), had 2.4 kids and shoos at marks and spencers...

They continue to live a nomadic lifestyle sailing all over the world... Eating lentils....

My bogan existence is purely for my kids benefit... Hopefully they'll rebel by developing some class!
Old Jan 14th 2012, 2:01 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

is she a Chartered Accountant by any chance?
Old Jan 14th 2012, 2:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by commonwealth
is she a Chartered Accountant by any chance?
Dunno, all I know is that she works for the kind of big business that supports the hippys lifestyles due to them inheriting from their industrialist families and that they say they despise....

Hypo"crass"y imho
Old Jan 14th 2012, 2:15 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought I had a good relationship with my daughter until I caught her with some people I don't like doing things I don't like. We had a row on the phone and by the time I had got home she had packed some stuff and left. Still this morning I have no idea where she is, she did text to say she was OK but I don't know where she is or who is is with. I have had no sleep, I want to down a bottle of wine with my breakfast and I look like shit. If anyone wants to swap I would happily!
Oh bummer. Sorry to hear this.
At least she texted you... that's a good thing.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 1:36 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Did she come home OK NB?
Old Jan 16th 2012, 2:05 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you NB and I hope you can sort this out. How old is she?
Old Jan 16th 2012, 2:06 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Did she come home OK NB?
Yes she came home. We haven't talked much, I am still quite emotional but she keeps telling me she loves me and she too has been quiet. I saw something she wrote on Facebook to another girl who had done the same that she came home because she realised it was stupid. I think the mistake I have made is that I have tried to hard to be cool friendly Mum, it doesn't work. Don't get me wrong, she didn't get carte blanche to do what she liked or go where she wanted but I have always been the Mum her mates liked etc. It doesn't always work out too well I have read in my Queen Bees and Wannabees book.

I had a reasonable nights sleep last night for the first time since the weekend so hopefully things continue to be relatively calm in the NB house
Old Jan 16th 2012, 2:07 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Thinking of you NB and I hope you can sort this out. How old is she?
14, it's been a tough few days. I think deep down she is a good girl who knows right from wrong but she is definitely testing the boundaries!
Old Jan 16th 2012, 2:12 pm

14, it's been a tough few days. I think deep down she is a good girl who knows right from wrong but she is definitely testing the boundaries!
glad she came home. Onwards and upwards xxx
Old Jan 16th 2012, 4:20 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a relief!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.