Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I'm selling my teenager - Make me an offer

I'm selling my teenager - Make me an offer

Old Jan 12th 2012, 8:44 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm selling my teenager - Make me an offer

Originally Posted by ukecadet
I'm interested but is she skilled in leaving the the lights on in every room or able to gaze into an open fridge/freezer door for 5 minutes and walk away with nothing?

Yes, impossibly skilled. I'm sure the environment has warmed by several points because of her fridge opening skills.

When asked what she's doing, she grunts... 'Hungry'...
Old Jan 12th 2012, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

More than happy to take your teenager, which flight does she arrive on... I LOVE teenagers

If we arrange this right My MIL will arrive as you're dropping your kevin off at the airport.... Save you an extra trip out... No need for you to get foxtel... She will get you up to speed with DeadEnders in no time at all...

Seems like a fair swap!
Old Jan 12th 2012, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by eddie007
More than happy to take your teenager, which flight does she arrive on... I LOVE teenagers

If we arrange this right My MIL will arrive as you're dropping your kevin off at the airport.... Save you an extra trip out... No need for you to get foxtel... She will get you up to speed with DeadEnders in no time at all...

Seems like a fair swap!
Ohhh, you want a swap?

I don't think a swap's on the cards.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 1:15 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukecadet
I'm interested but is she skilled in leaving the the lights on in every room or able to gaze into an open fridge/freezer door for 5 minutes and walk away with nothing?
I got four of em that do the fridge stare as if junk food will magically appear if they look enough

Mind I have to admit I think boys are much easier after sampling the delights of my step daughter who throws a complete toddler tantrum if she asked to do the slightest thing, complete with tears.
A bit like this

Old Jan 13th 2012, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I'm preparing for a mass onslaught of 16 year old teens for DD's birthday sleepover. It was going to be a pool party, but the weather is not good, so they will all be inside. There are only 6 of them, but catering is tricky as 2 are lactose intolerant and one is a full blown coeliac- no nut allergies though!!!
I'm doing chicken drumsticks, gluten free sausages, salad, gluten free cake, strawberries and lactose free cream, soya ice cream, and chips and dips (no dairy ones). There will be gluten free pizza bases and make it yourself toppings too, and gluten free pancakes and toast the next morning. Usual fizzy drinks, apple juice, orange juice etc....

We have also bought DD a "just dance" game for the Wii and some videos to watch.

Spent yesterday at SOPAC, watching DD swim at State Age Champs - she scraped a PB by 0.01 seconds in her event, and was so angry with herself it was scary. She knew she could have gone faster, but has to learn to deal with it. At least she had a big PB in her other event. (phew)

DD is generally lovely, but when she is annoyed with herself, watch out!!!
Old Jan 13th 2012, 8:24 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Many fine attributes!
Lives in swamp.
Grunts for communication (translator supplied).
Turns up to meals when (constantly nagged) summoned.
Goes to bed late despite repeated requests.
Smells.
Generally untidy.
Generally ungrateful.
Will do things when asked repeatedly in parrot-like manner.
Moans about how tired she is when repeatedly asked to do something.
Requires money and phone charging.
Promises to get a job but never has.

Make an offer!
Hang on.. this is your teenager? And a girl?

But it sounds like all three of my boys!!??!

We did surmise that that minister who complained about smelly migrants must have sat next to Middlechild on the train.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhh, you want a swap?

I don't think a swap's on the cards.
Ok... No swap... Will give you $5 and throw in the MIL for free...

You drive a hard bargain woman
Old Jan 13th 2012, 8:53 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

bugger. thought my 13yr old would come out the other side by 16.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Hang on.. this is your teenager? And a girl?

But it sounds like all three of my boys!!??!
Yep.

Great.

Originally Posted by eddie007
Ok... No swap... Will give you $5 and throw in the MIL for free...

You drive a hard bargain woman
You can keep her. No deal.

Originally Posted by datamile
bugger. thought my 13yr old would come out the other side by 16.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 1:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Teenagers make you look back on the terrible twos as a honeymoon.

A two year old screaming, holding its breath and headbanging is nothing compared to the full blown cyclone ahead.

Youngest teen is now 15, with boys I have found the worst time is 16 - 18, smart ass know it all big mouths with double attitude.

Spent Xmas with mate who has 3 girls very similar ages to my sons, I think girls have the edge on teenage hood, the moods, the screaming, the DRAMA

Never mind ladies, one day, these delightful young people will have teens of their own Life is cruel
Old Jan 13th 2012, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by jad n rich

Never mind ladies, one day, these delightful young people will have teens of their own Life is cruel
Or if they're really sensible, they'll stay child free and wealthy.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 1:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Or if they're really sensible, they'll stay child free and wealthy.

Mine all assure me they will never have children, Frankly at their teenage finest I can see why
Old Jan 13th 2012, 2:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Top five teenage moments of the last month.

The Dads face when friends 17 year old daughter (baby of the family the princess) came out wearing 7 inch heels and mini lace dress for date with boyfriend

My reaction to you washing a red tshirt with the new white egyptian cotton sheets is not me needing to chill more

Yes it is responsible to use condoms dear, but 2 packs of 24 since grad, and your girlfriend looks so sweet!!!

No you dont knock back shifts 3 times in a week and tell your employer you need to party this weekend

If you borrow my car I would prefer it if your do not leave half a meatball sub in it for 2 days in 37 degree heatwave.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 2:22 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

you have to pay me to take her
Old Jan 13th 2012, 2:25 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Pictures please.

and

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.