British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   I'm b&^*%$ COLD! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/im-b-%5E%2A%25%24-cold-460192/)

Stitch Jun 21st 2007 1:24 pm

I'm b&^*%$ COLD!

Don't know about the rest of you but here in Brisbane it's bloody cold tonight! No reverse cycle in this rental either which doesn't help. Last year I put up a thread about central heating in Queensland and was slated! Now I wish I had my central heating:(

Cheers

Ginny

Margaret3 Jun 21st 2007 1:29 pm

Re: I'm b&^*%$ COLD!

ginny, it cant be as cold as mellie, its bloody freezing, and yes , i wish we had gas central heating, but thank god we have ducted:), its either on or off though, no timer, but at least its heat:)

Peeps keep saying, but your from scotland,yeah and we luved our central heating:lol:

Stitch Jun 21st 2007 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Margaret3 (Post 4947083)
ginny, it cant be as cold as mellie, its bloody freezing, and yes , i wish we had gas central heating, but thank god we have ducted:), its either on or off though, no timer, but at least its heat:)

Peeps keep saying, but your from scotland,yeah and we luved our central heating:lol:

i know what you mean wuman! I would often sit around mid winter in shorts and tee-shirts with the central heating up full bast!:thumbsup:

Cheers

Ginny

herrchook Jun 21st 2007 1:38 pm

Well ladies, can I reassure you that it's blaady freezing here too:ohmy:

Stitch Jun 21st 2007 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by herrchook (Post 4947149)
Well ladies, can I reassure you that it's blaady freezing here too:ohmy:

Emotionally I feel better at that but it's still cold....Hoping my porridge will warm me up!

Cheers

Ginny

sasbear Jun 21st 2007 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by Stitch (Post 4949552)
Emotionally I feel better at that but it's still cold....Hoping my porridge will warm me up!

Cheers

Ginny

Well it was minus 5 this morning when I drove to work - but I STILL haven't got a coat on and am in single layer - trousers and jumper nothing else - bit fresh!!!! Not the same biting winds you get back in the UK - so minus 5 actually feels like 4 degrees!

Hutch Jun 22nd 2007 12:15 am

I've reacclimatised to the cold. Was a bit of a shock to the system initially, but I'm back in shorts now - though admitedly with a fleece top on. In the house we have little oil/electric heaters in the living room, office and bedrooms which work on timers - they come on at 7:30am to heat the room before getting up and afternoon/evening for the other areas. Might need a warm shower when I get home from my inshore boat training tonight though. :D

Stitch Jun 22nd 2007 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Hutch (Post 4949935)
I've reacclimatised to the cold. Was a bit of a shock to the system initially, but I'm back in shorts now - though admitedly with a fleece top on. In the house we have little oil/electric heaters in the living room, office and bedrooms which work on timers - they come on at 7:30am to heat the room before getting up and afternoon/evening for the other areas. Might need a warm shower when I get home from my inshore boat training tonight though. :D

Cripes that'll be a bit brazzen! I'd have the thermals on underneath the shorts!

Cheers

Ginny

Vim Fuego Jun 22nd 2007 6:46 am

Dunno what you are on about.

I was walking over to South Bank at 11 last night in a Hawaiian shirt with a stuffed duck hanging out of the pocket for warmth. It was lovely.

I would like to thank Bundy Bear for this act of lunacy.

Stitch Jun 22nd 2007 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego (Post 4950728)
Dunno what you are on about.

I was walking over to South Bank at 11 last night in a Hawaiian shirt with a stuffed duck hanging out of the pocket for warmth. It was lovely.

I would like to thank Bundy Bear for this act of lunacy.

So that was you:eek:

Cheers

Ginny

Vim Fuego Jun 22nd 2007 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Stitch (Post 4950732)
So that was you:eek:

Cheers

Ginny

I was also carrying a Dreadlock Wig if it helps narrow it down a bit :D

Jockstar Jun 22nd 2007 6:52 am

Bloody cold here. Just having a glass of red wine to heat me up.:D

TraceyW Jun 22nd 2007 7:19 am

Cold and absolutely throwing it down here.:frown:

Hot choccie in hand, reverse cycle's on...stuff the bloody scary bills!

sunbather Jun 22nd 2007 7:22 am

Originally Posted by TraceyW (Post 4950812)
Cold and absolutely throwing it down here.:frown:

Hot choccie in hand, reverse cycle's on...stuff the bloody scary bills!

Me too on all counts:thumbsup:

Stitch Jun 22nd 2007 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego (Post 4950741)
I was also carrying a Dreadlock Wig if it helps narrow it down a bit :D

Now that's a bit clearer:p

Cheers

Ginny