British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   I'm b&^*%$ COLD! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/im-b-%5E%2A%25%24-cold-460192/)

Stitch Jun 21st 2007 1:24 am

I'm b&^*%$ COLD!

Don't know about the rest of you but here in Brisbane it's bloody cold tonight! No reverse cycle in this rental either which doesn't help. Last year I put up a thread about central heating in Queensland and was slated! Now I wish I had my central heating:(

Cheers

Ginny

Margaret3 Jun 21st 2007 1:29 am

Re: I'm b&^*%$ COLD!

ginny, it cant be as cold as mellie, its bloody freezing, and yes , i wish we had gas central heating, but thank god we have ducted:), its either on or off though, no timer, but at least its heat:)

Peeps keep saying, but your from scotland,yeah and we luved our central heating:lol:

Stitch Jun 21st 2007 1:32 am

Originally Posted by Margaret3 (Post 4947083)
ginny, it cant be as cold as mellie, its bloody freezing, and yes , i wish we had gas central heating, but thank god we have ducted:), its either on or off though, no timer, but at least its heat:)

Peeps keep saying, but your from scotland,yeah and we luved our central heating:lol:

i know what you mean wuman! I would often sit around mid winter in shorts and tee-shirts with the central heating up full bast!:thumbsup:

Cheers

Ginny

herrchook Jun 21st 2007 1:38 am

Well ladies, can I reassure you that it's blaady freezing here too:ohmy:

Stitch Jun 21st 2007 10:01 am

Originally Posted by herrchook (Post 4947149)
Well ladies, can I reassure you that it's blaady freezing here too:ohmy:

Emotionally I feel better at that but it's still cold....Hoping my porridge will warm me up!

Cheers

Ginny

sasbear Jun 21st 2007 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Stitch (Post 4949552)
Emotionally I feel better at that but it's still cold....Hoping my porridge will warm me up!

Cheers

Ginny

Well it was minus 5 this morning when I drove to work - but I STILL haven't got a coat on and am in single layer - trousers and jumper nothing else - bit fresh!!!! Not the same biting winds you get back in the UK - so minus 5 actually feels like 4 degrees!

Hutch Jun 21st 2007 12:15 pm

I've reacclimatised to the cold. Was a bit of a shock to the system initially, but I'm back in shorts now - though admitedly with a fleece top on. In the house we have little oil/electric heaters in the living room, office and bedrooms which work on timers - they come on at 7:30am to heat the room before getting up and afternoon/evening for the other areas. Might need a warm shower when I get home from my inshore boat training tonight though. :D

Stitch Jun 21st 2007 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Hutch (Post 4949935)
I've reacclimatised to the cold. Was a bit of a shock to the system initially, but I'm back in shorts now - though admitedly with a fleece top on. In the house we have little oil/electric heaters in the living room, office and bedrooms which work on timers - they come on at 7:30am to heat the room before getting up and afternoon/evening for the other areas. Might need a warm shower when I get home from my inshore boat training tonight though. :D

Cripes that'll be a bit brazzen! I'd have the thermals on underneath the shorts!

Cheers

Ginny

Vim Fuego Jun 21st 2007 6:46 pm

Dunno what you are on about.

I was walking over to South Bank at 11 last night in a Hawaiian shirt with a stuffed duck hanging out of the pocket for warmth. It was lovely.

I would like to thank Bundy Bear for this act of lunacy.

Stitch Jun 21st 2007 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego (Post 4950728)
Dunno what you are on about.

I was walking over to South Bank at 11 last night in a Hawaiian shirt with a stuffed duck hanging out of the pocket for warmth. It was lovely.

I would like to thank Bundy Bear for this act of lunacy.

So that was you:eek:

Cheers

Ginny

Vim Fuego Jun 21st 2007 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Stitch (Post 4950732)
So that was you:eek:

Cheers

Ginny

I was also carrying a Dreadlock Wig if it helps narrow it down a bit :D

Jockstar Jun 21st 2007 6:52 pm

Bloody cold here. Just having a glass of red wine to heat me up.:D

TraceyW Jun 21st 2007 7:19 pm

Cold and absolutely throwing it down here.:frown:

Hot choccie in hand, reverse cycle's on...stuff the bloody scary bills!

sunbather Jun 21st 2007 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by TraceyW (Post 4950812)

Me too on all counts:thumbsup:

Stitch Jun 21st 2007 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego (Post 4950741)
I was also carrying a Dreadlock Wig if it helps narrow it down a bit :D

Now that's a bit clearer:p

Cheers

Ginny

Stitch Jun 21st 2007 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by TraceyW (Post 4950812)

No reverse cycle in this house....Gas stove is on full blast!

Red wine might come in handy....

Cheers

Ginny

The S's Jun 21st 2007 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Stitch (Post 4950828)
No reverse cycle in this house....Gas stove is on full blast!

Red wine might come in handy....

Cheers

Ginny

Hi Ginny

We have had to go out and buy a winter quilt:ohmy:
I didn't come 12ooo miles to be as cold as I was in the UK.
You need to come out west here if you think its cold bayside, its about 5 degrees colder out here and I'm too tight to put the reverse cycle on!!!
I do think if we could set up a UPVC double glazing company we could make a killing..

Sean

Wol Jun 21st 2007 10:34 pm

The ice on our pond didn't clear until 2pm today. Crikey! - the fish aren't going to like it when we stock the pool!

Stitch Jun 21st 2007 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by The S's (Post 4951016)
Hi Ginny

We have had to go out and buy a winter quilt:ohmy:
I didn't come 12ooo miles to be as cold as I was in the UK.
You need to come out west here if you think its cold bayside, its about 5 degrees colder out here and I'm too tight to put the reverse cycle on!!!
I do think if we could set up a UPVC double glazing company we could make a killing..

Sean

Hey Sean,

Glad someone else is freezing their butt off as well. We could install central heating as well....

Say hi to Sadie for me....really need to catch up..

Cheers

Ginny

JackTheLad Jun 22nd 2007 1:20 am

Originally Posted by The S's (Post 4951016)

Sean

It doesn't help, the houses here aren't designed to retain heat. We have double glazing, it just means we lose the heat through the thin wooden walls (with fake brick facade :blink:).

If we ever get round to building our own house here, I'd make it a double brick, cavity insulated house, with double glazing, and ducted aircon/heating.

These flimsy timber houses are so inefficient, they heat up too much in summer, and cool down too much in winter.

JTL