I'm in Adelaide

Old Jan 2nd 2009, 11:23 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm in Adelaide

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
Oh yeah, we moved recently too, and remember those uneasy moments.

Got to go mate, it's late in Adelaide....must be 8.30
Say a Hail Mary or 2 for me tomorrow

Catch you later mate.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

Over here for 2 weeks from Melbourne, with the most stunning drive over here along the coast. I'm staying in central Adelaide and was wondering where all the people were for a Friday night

Actually I quite like it, but it is much more quiet than Melbourne. I'm working in Athelstone, but have plenty of spare time to see some things and meet with some people

More views of Adelaide form a Melburnian to come
You want "Hindley Street" mate. Plenty of skanks, pimps, hoares, wimps, dweebs, greasers, nark-heads and twats down there on a Friday and Sat.

I love it.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 2:29 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE= i was wondering where all the people were for a Friday night

Actually I quite like it, but it is much more quiet than Melbourne. I'm working in Athelstone, but have plenty of spare time to see some things and meet with some people

More views of Adelaide form a Melburnian to come[/QUOTE]

In Glenelg..............mm
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Best place to be in Adelaide on a Friday night is Rundle Street in the east end of the CBD - good pubs, cafes and restaurants. Usually quite lively. North Adelaide is also good for the same reasons.
Avoid Hindley Street like the plague!!!!!!!
Old Jan 4th 2009, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

We have just come back from our first visit to Adelaide and stayed in the Holiday Inn in Hindley Street.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be but have to admit that we saw more "sex workers" and drunks in the day that at night!

The 8pm tram from Glenelg was also a good place to spot the drunks and explain to my 4 year old why he should never touch beer!
Old Jan 5th 2009, 2:43 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Very pleasant weather here at the moment, low 30'sC. Been to the sea today, preferred Henley to Glenelg, to be honest, but was still fairly impressed by Glenelg.

Checked out Hindley Street, Rundle Street and Gouger Street in the evenings so far, and I stand by what I say, Adelaide is quiet. But that's not a bad thing, and the city is growing on me

I'll think about retiring here
Old Jan 5th 2009, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of

If you working in Athelstone go have a look at eastern suburbs: Kensingtons, Auldana, Stonyfell, Wattle Park...
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:49 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mipik
If you working in Athelstone go have a look at eastern suburbs: Kensingtons, Auldana, Stonyfell, Wattle Park...
Ok, thanks, I may do that...any of those places good in the mornings, say 9-11am? What about Gorge Valley Drive?
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Very pleasant weather here at the moment, low 30'sC. Been to the sea today, preferred Henley to Glenelg, to be honest, but was still fairly impressed by Glenelg.

Checked out Hindley Street, Rundle Street and Gouger Street in the evenings so far, and I stand by what I say, Adelaide is quiet. But that's not a bad thing, and the city is growing on me

I'll think about retiring here

Hello glad you are liking it.

Have you been up to North Adelaide yet? there's some really nice places up there. Or there's Pulteney Street in the city as well.

I went into the city last weekend and it was really quiet, I've never seen it that quiet before everyone here must have spent their $1000 per kid bonus
Old Jan 5th 2009, 10:04 am
Take it easy

Originally Posted by Wendy
Hello glad you are liking it.

Have you been up to North Adelaide yet? there's some really nice places up there. Or there's Pulteney Street in the city as well.

I went into the city last weekend and it was really quiet, I've never seen it that quiet before everyone here must have spent their $1000 per kid bonus
No, not been to North Adelaide, thugh I know someone staying there, so might take a wander over. I'm beginning to get the hang of the CBD, I'm at the Eastern end of things.

Things seemed a bit busier today, but still seems to be quite a few places closed for the holidays opening in the next day or 2.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

No, not been to North Adelaide, thugh I know someone staying there, so might take a wander over. I'm beginning to get the hang of the CBD, I'm at the Eastern end of things.

Things seemed a bit busier today, but still seems to be quite a few places closed for the holidays opening in the next day or 2.

I know there's a few people at work that are off until mid week or the beginning of next week - they all bugger off to the Barossa or the Flinders for a fortnight

Good thing about it though is that I can get from the Northern Suburbs to ANZAC highway in half the time as normal
Old Jan 5th 2009, 10:24 am
Take it easy

Originally Posted by Wendy
I know there's a few people at work that are off until mid week or the beginning of next week - they all bugger off to the Barossa or the Flinders for a fortnight

Good thing about it though is that I can get from the Northern Suburbs to ANZAC highway in half the time as normal
The roads are very quiet....is there a rush hour here?

Old Jan 5th 2009, 7:46 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Great to read your views on Adelaide from a Melbournian??
Sounds like you are enjoying your fortnight there
J x
Old Jan 5th 2009, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The roads are very quiet....is there a rush hour here?

Yes, it's sometime in February
Old Jan 5th 2009, 10:18 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

The drive sounds good mate. We were going to drive to Adelaide xmas before the weather turned to shit.

Will definitely do it some time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.