Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Illness after moving

Illness after moving

Old May 8th 2010, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Illness after moving

We are heading into our 6th month of illnesses since we moved here. Constant colds, chest infections and generally feeling crap. We do everything right with the fruit and veg, long walks, fresh air and exercise but just can't seem to shift these bugs.

I had to beg the Dr for anti-biotics with my last chest infection. Finished those a week ago and I am starting a cold again today. Relentless.

Has anyone else suffered in such a way?

Our GP said it is because we don't have immunity towards local viruses.
Old May 8th 2010, 3:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Illness after moving

Originally Posted by Kingseat
We are heading into our 6th month of illnesses since we moved here. Constant colds, chest infections and generally feeling crap. We do everything right with the fruit and veg, long walks, fresh air and exercise but just can't seem to shift these bugs.

I had to beg the Dr for anti-biotics with my last chest infection. Finished those a week ago and I am starting a cold again today. Relentless.

That's exactly what it is - even the cold germs here are different, and lots of people come down with bugs straight after moving. Plus its that tie of year in Aus when the Aussies seem to have more bugs anyway, so there is more around to catch.
Old May 8th 2010, 4:08 am
Simply happy in Sydney!

LittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of light

Happened to me too. The kids seemed fine, but I got really run down at one point because I had cough after cold after cough. We arrived in Australia in Feb 09, and I would say that it took until October to feel more healthy. Like you, we eat a healthy diet etc, but nothing seemed to improve how I felt. I was permanently tired, run down, ached etc. I felt fine in myself, no homesickness etc, just physically I really suffered. I am just going through a spell of it again, and I am wondering if it is just something about this time of year that seems to trigger it off.
Old May 8th 2010, 4:47 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I think your little one is in daycare, I am convinced those places are breeding grounds for nasty stuff. When my kids were in daycare in the UK they picked up everything and passed it onto us.

There are some pretty nasty viruses going around at the moment. I just had the flu which knocked me for six and on top of that has triggered asthma which I have never suffered from. This is only my 2nd or maybe 3rd cold since arriving 5 years ago. We have been exceptionally fortunate.
Old May 8th 2010, 4:52 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate taking antibiotics for that exact reason.. as soon as I stop taking them I catch everything going... they kill everything, including the good stuff.

Hope you feel better soon xxxx
Old May 8th 2010, 4:54 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
I hate taking antibiotics for that exact reason.. as soon as I stop taking them I catch everything going... they kill everything, including the good stuff.

Hope you feel better soon xxxx
Yer just lovesick
Old May 8th 2010, 5:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Yer just lovesick
No better illness to have BB !

Em x
Old May 8th 2010, 5:08 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

No better illness to have BB !

Em x
Blaaaagh
Old May 8th 2010, 5:31 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Blaaaagh
Old May 8th 2010, 5:42 am
Account Closed

Blaaaagh
Originally Posted by Pollyana
Thats me grinning from ear to ear.....
Old May 8th 2010, 5:46 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Me too!
Old May 8th 2010, 5:48 am
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by kporte
Me too!
Judging by the position of yer ears thats one hell of a grin
Old May 8th 2010, 5:52 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by kporte
Me too!
Must speak to Sue about getting a vomit smilie on BE......

Last edited by Pollyana; May 8th 2010 at 6:00 am.
Old May 8th 2010, 5:56 am
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Must speak to Sue about getting a vomif smilie on BE......
Pass me the bucket
Old May 8th 2010, 6:01 am
Home and Happy

Pass me the bucket

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.