Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

If you won the lottery

If you won the lottery

Old Dec 16th 2005, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

kerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant future
Default If you won the lottery

My dad asked me today if he won the lottery and gave me a million,would I still go to live in Oz?.
This question threw me quite a lot, in the end I came the conclusion I Probably would still go.
What would you all do?
Kerrieee

Last edited by kerrieee; Dec 16th 2005 at 6:36 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 6:48 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: If you won the lottery

Originally Posted by kerrieee
My dad asked me today if he won the lottery and gave me a million,would I still go to live in Oz?.
This question threw me quite a lot, in the end I came the conclusion I Probably would still go.
What would you all do?
Kerrieee
Absof***inlutely! But hey, thanks dad.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 6:49 pm
Live it not dream it!!

happy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of light

What would you all do?
Kerrieee
If he gave ME a million quid I would stay
But I think you should have it really as I don't know him
Old Dec 16th 2005, 6:54 pm
Live it not dream it!!

happy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of light

What would you all do?
Kerrieee
The thing is a million quid would allow you to go to OZ whenever you liked so you wouldn't need to live there to sample the lifestyle.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

kerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by happy chappy
If he gave ME a million quid I would stay
But I think you should have it really as I don't know him
could ask Dad happy chappy, Ha ha.

An old saying in Newcastle ~ that shy bairn's get nowt

kerrieee
Old Dec 16th 2005, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by happy chappy
The thing is a million quid would allow you to go to OZ whenever you liked so you wouldn't need to live there to sample the lifestyle.
Thats right he could buy his own plane and visit all the time,
Old Dec 16th 2005, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

There was an amusing article in the aussie sunday papers, they are looking for a new term to define millionaire, they reckon you need a minimum of 10 million :scared: or one financial guru pointed out a millions nothing now and you would need 50 million (really likely!! ) to live what was the life of a millionaire 20 years ago.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 7:54 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

If i won a million (and im crossing my fingers for tonights euro roll over here!), id buy property to rent out across the world.....and spend my life jetting by first class just to check up on my property managers!!!

and id share it with oxfam
Old Dec 16th 2005, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
If i won a million (and im crossing my fingers for tonights euro roll over here!), id buy property to rent out across the world.....and spend my life jetting by first class just to check up on my property managers!!!

and id share it with oxfam
Hi Ya
Thanks for your replies,
My fingers are crossed for the euro millions tonight as well, 37 million would be fine by me.
may be I should ask Dad for 10 million ,thanks for the tip Jad n rich
kerriee
Old Dec 16th 2005, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

What would you all do?
Kerrieee
Funny that, my boss asked me that also today, I said of course I would go. Even rattled of some swanky suburb names that I would consider living in.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Funny that, my boss asked me that also today, I said of course I would go. Even rattled of some swanky suburb names that I would consider living in.
Thanks for your reply
Have not told my boss yet, as going with my Hubby job, waiting a little while longer until I firm date to go.
isn't funny the questions people ask you, when they find out your moving to oz.
Kerrieee
Old Dec 16th 2005, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply
Have not told my boss yet, as going with my Hubby job, waiting a little while longer until I firm date to go.
isn't funny the questions people ask you, when they find out your moving to oz.
Kerrieee
True, but just wait till you have sold your house and it becomes apparent that you are serious, then the same people soon change their opinion.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by manxfamily
True, but just wait till you have sold your house and it becomes apparent that you are serious, then the same people soon change their opinion.
I hope people will change, our move has happen so fast, hubby is flying out end of Feb, his company only offered him the job in November.
It even feels unreal to me at times
Kerrieee
Old Dec 16th 2005, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

I hope people will change, our move has happen so fast, hubby is flying out end of Feb, his company only offered him the job in November.
It even feels unreal to me at times
Kerrieee
Wow thats fast moving, I guess you wont see the changes that people go through then waiting for visas.

Good luck
Old Dec 16th 2005, 9:31 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

As some people may already know, I have won the lottery and have asked on the 'will I have enough money, after selling my big swanky house threads' if 3 million pounds will be enough to go to oz with . What do you all think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.