Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

If you could turn the clock back..

Wikiposts

If you could turn the clock back..

Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:47 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you could turn the clock back..

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
I wouldn't really change anything TBH.
The only thing would be I'd have had another child when my youngest was younger (if you know what I mean )
I've got 2 lovely healthy boys but would love a daughter.
I'm 41 and my kids are 10 and 8, don't think I want to go through it all again.
Would love to adopt when we get citizenship - just know there's a little girl out there for our family
Want mine? She's not really that little anymore, but is a girl. She comes complete with attitude, messy bedroom and younger brother. PM for details.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:03 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I would have been less selfish and appreciated those I care about a bit more, studied harder when I was younger although I really do appreciate what I have done in the way of education as it has been a real struggle.

But for sure I would have not been such a selfish bitch and in hindsight, I am horrified at just how bad I was.

Something I learned after losing my Mum.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:06 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

If i could turn the clock back, i wouldn't have sold my house back in UK.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Want mine? She's not really that little anymore, but is a girl. She comes complete with attitude, messy bedroom and younger brother. PM for details.
sorry but that made me giggle

I wouldn't change much - just a relationship mistake i made about 6 years ago ( stoopid stoopid me gullible beyond belief! )

But then again had I not made that mistake I wouldn't be where i am now and with my wonderful hubby here
Old Nov 27th 2007, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold

Where do I start.......

1. Would have studied a bit harder.
2. Would have been nicer to some people.
3. Would have come to Australia in 1990.
4. Would have thought a bit harder about my career choices.
5. Would have run more marathons (when I still could).

1. Wouldn't have got my (long) hair cut when I went to university.
2. Wouldn't have bought a house before the last property crash (1989).
3. Wouldn't have bet my brother that I could eat a piece of Stilton THAT big (without being sick).
4. Wouldn't have EVER gone near Jenny O'Farrell.
5. Wouldn't have worried so much about work decisions and focused more on intangibles.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 9:31 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
PM sent
Can't adopt them anyway, we're temp residents
Old Nov 27th 2007, 9:44 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

The numbers I picked in last weeks lotto !
Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
what would you change?

I'd have studied harder at school
Old Nov 27th 2007, 9:58 pm
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Abrupted placenta when in labour with my son.
I suffered a placental abruption at 23 weeks and sadly my daughter died. If I could turn back the clock it would be to hold her in my arms again during her very brief life. Sorry it's a sad one, but she would have been 14 on Friday and she's very much in my thoughts.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 10:14 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rosscov1970
I suffered a placental abruption at 23 weeks and sadly my daughter died. If I could turn back the clock it would be to hold her in my arms again during her very brief life. Sorry it's a sad one, but she would have been 14 on Friday and she's very much in my thoughts.
That's really tough rosscov. I really feel for you. At 23 weeks... it's so early. You got to hold her?

My son was full term but I lost vast quantities of blood and he swallowed huge amounts of it too, poor guy. It was touch and go...

I thought we would both die. 3 weeks later he got viral meningitis. It was a tough time. To look at him now, you wouldn't know it...

I think we'll always think about the children we lost. I guess one day we'll all be together in the ether again....
Old Nov 27th 2007, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Time may only ease the pain of losing a child.
My thoughts are with you
jacqui
Old Nov 27th 2007, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm sure your daughter will be with you on Friday as you remember her birthday.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Thinking of you.

There isn't much I would have changed. Afterall everything has made me who I am today. I do wish that we had applied to move to Australia so that we would have been there by now. We talked about it for ages and I wish that we had just gone ahead and applied quicker than we did instead of faffing about for months.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 10:31 pm
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks everybody for your kind words. I've since had 3 more daughters to fill my life so I've been very lucky really. Just feeling sad that I can't visit her grave. I guess this is a sadness a lot of people feel when they migrate.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have been more true to myself.......

You only live once and have to make the most of it - this is what I have come to realise recently.

Lau x
Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:29 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks everybody for your kind words. I've since had 3 more daughters to fill my life so I've been very lucky really. Just feeling sad that I can't visit her grave. I guess this is a sadness a lot of people feel when they migrate.
As soon as I read this this poem by Mary Frye came back to me

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die.

It's a bit over used these days but the sentiment is right. You don't need a grave, she's always with you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.