Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

If you could live anywhere in world where would it be?

If you could live anywhere in world where would it be?

Old May 25th 2010, 1:28 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: If you could live anywhere in world where would it be?

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I get that urge whenever I hear anything to do with Rugby League.
Gets me a bit like that as well... unavoidable at the moment though. The fate of the entire planet depends on the Origin games... at least it seems that way.
Old May 25th 2010, 1:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Gets me a bit like that as well... unavoidable at the moment though. The fate of the entire planet depends on the Origin games... at least it seems that way.
I got so fed up with the constant "will you be watching the game" questions at work yesterday that I just started acting ignorant (not difficult!) and asking things like "what game?" "hasn't the football season finished?" "is there a match on then?" - drove them all up the wall so in the end they changed the subject. Today I shall keep my ipod in my ears and ignore the lot of them
Old May 25th 2010, 1:34 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I got so fed up with the constant "will you be watching the game" questions at work yesterday that I just started acting ignorant (not difficult!) and asking things like "what game?" "hasn't the football season finished?" "is there a match on then?" - drove them all up the wall so in the end they changed the subject. Today I shall keep my ipod in my ears and ignore the lot of them
I can still wind them up by calling Brisbane the Denver Broncos and NQLD the Dallas Cowboys... gets them going everytime.
Old May 25th 2010, 1:35 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't smell like wee....
And you would know old timer
Old May 25th 2010, 1:37 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I can still wind them up by calling Brisbane the Denver Broncos and NQLD the Dallas Cowboys... gets them going everytime.
I might manage to disconnect the bank of TVs at work when I leave this evening.......I owe the guy on the night-shift a smack in the mouth, but I reckon disconnecting the TV might be more fun as I think he's invited some mates round
Old May 25th 2010, 1:37 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

One of the good things about living over this side - no rugby league.
Old May 25th 2010, 1:40 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I might manage to disconnect the bank of TVs at work when I leave this evening.......I owe the guy on the night-shift a smack in the mouth, but I reckon disconnecting the TV might be more fun as I think he's invited some mates round
Ah how things have changed,not so long ago ya couldn't even get yer hands on the remote
Old May 25th 2010, 1:41 pm
FREE TIBET

One of the good things about living over this side - no rugby league.
And **** all else
Old May 25th 2010, 1:46 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Ah how things have changed,not so long ago ya couldn't even get yer hands on the remote
thats true!!!

I did have my own remote and even my own small TV for a few months but some idiot who is staying for a couple of days has managed to bust the remote and the dvd player
Old May 25th 2010, 1:54 pm
FREE TIBET

thats true!!!

I did have my own remote and even my own small TV for a few months but some idiot who is staying for a couple of days has managed to bust the remote and the dvd player
As long as he doesn't bust the fridge
Old May 25th 2010, 1:57 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

And **** all else
Far from it. We have the only 2 real sports in the world - rugby union and test cricket.

Everything else is details.
Old May 25th 2010, 2:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Its a nice time of year - for a couple of months. Even I'm content with the weather at the moment, but I've been through this before, it creates a false sense of "maybe I like it after all" then I crash down with a bang in a few months time

Same here, winter in OZ I dont mind it. Bris winter in particular is spectacular, cold at night, sunny but breezy in the day Weather you really can enjoy and get out in, Pity summer in most parts of OZ is bloody horrible.
Old May 25th 2010, 2:20 pm
Home and Happy

As long as he doesn't bust the fridge
Thank god he doesn't drink TEDs
He's run your internet widget flat too.......I told him I don't have enough cash to recharge it
Old May 25th 2010, 4:16 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

I got so fed up with the constant "will you be watching the game"
Anyone asks me that I'll respond with something along these lines:
"No the tournament doesnt start until June 12th - but then I'll watch as many as possible" - and watch their head spin until they work it out
Old May 25th 2010, 4:20 pm
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Far from it. We have the only 2 real sports in the world - rugby union and test cricket.

Everything else is details.
I thought test cricket was invented to cure people of insomnia?

Last edited by Lord_Farquar; May 25th 2010 at 4:28 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.