Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

If you could live at any point in history, when would you choose?

If you could live at any point in history, when would you choose?

Old May 30th 2010, 7:37 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: If you could live at any point in history, when would you choose?

Originally Posted by Dreamy
But then the second World War wouldn't have happened, and events may have conspired so that you wouldn't even have been born, or if you had, you wouldn't have moved to Australia and you wouldn't now be living in bliss

(Do you see where I'm going with this?)
But then even if I didn't exist, it would be worth it to save the lives of some 60 million souls......
Old May 30th 2010, 7:39 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Ok ok i will assassinate hitler, Kporte can still be born and live in bliss in australia,some wimmin i dont know
I just think that views of 'times gone by' are generally looked at through rose tints.

And if you just want to live in an earlier time to change your personal circumstances - well those events have helped shape the person you are now.. just changing one of them could have unfortunate consquences

I know I'm a boring fart - happy living where I am and living for today, no matter the shite I've gone through.
Old May 30th 2010, 7:40 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kporte
But then even if I didn't exist, it would be worth it to save the lives of some 60 million souls......
One of whom now grew up to start a nuclear holocaust.
Old May 30th 2010, 7:40 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I just think that views of 'times gone by' are generally looked at through rose tints.

And if you just want to live in an earlier time to change your personal circumstances - well those events have helped shape the person you are now.. just changing one of them could have unfortunate consquences

I know I'm a boring fart - happy living where I am and living for today, no matter the shite I've gone through.
Ahem yes indeed
Old May 30th 2010, 7:42 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

If you didn't exist, how could you go back and assassinate him?

If the Second World War hadn't happened at that time, it would have happened in some form eventually.
Old May 30th 2010, 7:43 pm
Officially Bewildered

Ahem yes indeed
Yer not supposed to agree!
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yer not supposed to agree!
Anything for a quiet life darling
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
One of whom now grew up to start a nuclear holocaust.
or cured cancer.....
Old May 30th 2010, 7:45 pm
FREE TIBET

or cured cancer.....
And the history channel would be shite
Old May 30th 2010, 7:46 pm
Account Closed

or cured cancer.....
Indeed... and we will never know what we missed, or prevented, by having 60 million killed in WWII.

We are in the realms of the 'Grandfather Paradox' here.
Old May 30th 2010, 7:46 pm
Account Closed

Old May 30th 2010, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have liked to be an adult in the 1960s, to see what I missed. I've a feeling all these baby boomers talk it up like it was some crazy time, but it was probably quite normal, much like the 70's and 80's.

Otherwise, I'd choose the Stonehenge era, just to ask them what the hell are they doing that for. (and then use a big wooden club on a the nearest wench and drag her back to my cave).

JTL
Old May 30th 2010, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

At least you could watch the repeats for the first time.

JTL
Old May 30th 2010, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

or cured cancer.....
You could also make a case for war being 'good' in that it is a huge driver for technology. Would the aviation industry have made it to where it did without the drive for jet aircraft for military purpose. Who knows?
Old May 30th 2010, 8:22 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
At least you could watch the repeats for the first time.

JTL
Too early in the morning for that one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.