Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

If Oz is so great......

Wikiposts

If Oz is so great......

Old Jan 21st 2007, 8:15 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default If Oz is so great......

Why are there 145 of you lot on here posting instead of outside discovering "The lucky country"?
Old Jan 21st 2007, 8:21 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Oz is so great......

Originally Posted by Rushman
Why are there 145 of you lot on here posting instead of outside discovering "The lucky country"?
Probably many dreamers here that will never step on Australian soil
Old Jan 21st 2007, 8:22 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Probably many dreamers here that will never step on Australian soil
Cant be more than 10% of that 145 though surely?
Old Jan 21st 2007, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Probably plenty of people who are not there yet - the people who are there and happy tend to post less, for obvious reasons!

Plus there's all the people who just leave their computer turned on and logged in whilst they are away doing other things.

Besides, 145 is a fairly tiny proportion of all the people in Australia!!
Old Jan 21st 2007, 8:47 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Because its something to do over a cup of coffee whilst I sit there in "the lucky country" by the pool with my laptop.

Besides, no prospective migrant should be left alone with the folks from the MBTUK forum - its a sense of duty I have to try to give hope that some of us love this place to those who would otherwise be dragged down into depression and dispair.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Because its something to do over a cup of coffee whilst I sit there in "the lucky country" by the pool with my laptop.

Besides, no prospective migrant should be left alone with the folks from the MBTUK forum - its a sense of duty I have to try to give hope that some of us love this place to those who would otherwise be dragged down into depression and dispair.
ditto though I haven't got the pool
Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:00 am

gedge has disabled reputation

more to the point what are you doing in the Oz forum?
bored of the septic tank?
Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gedge
more to the point what are you doing in the Oz forum?
bored of the septic tank?
I make the occasional sortie into Dingoland when the septic forums abit dead...just to see what you lot are whining about...I just noticed that theres also about 3 to 4 times more people posting in this forum than the US one and was wondering why.

I was having a rare scientific moment.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:05 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I make the occasional sortie into Dingoland when the septic forums abit dead...just to see what you lot are whining about...I just noticed that theres also about 3 to 4 times more people posting in this forum than the US one and was wondering why.

Because Australia is the number one destination for expats from the UK and we still give people visa's here to migrate whereas the US has been closed migration wise to the vast majority of people for some years.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on this morning because I'm way too hungover to even attempt going anywhere
Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

If I owned a PC desktop I'd never be here.

It's a laptop with wireless connection that sits on the kitchen top and is left on all day. I also do a fair bit of babysitting.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:12 am

sortie would imply an aggressive incursion rather than a friendly visit
very American of you
Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:19 am
Account Closed

sortie would imply an aggressive incursion rather than a friendly visit
very American of you
You're reading to much into it mate. I was using the french meaning of 'sortie" not the military version.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:20 am

You're reading to much into it mate. I was using the french meaning of 'sortie" not the military version.
meaning exit? ok goodbye
Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:25 am
Account Closed

meaning exit? ok goodbye
Er yeah, I was exiting the US/lounge forums..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.