Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

if no one else will ask ,i will???

Wikiposts

if no one else will ask ,i will???

Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:34 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: if no one else will ask ,i will???

Originally Posted by doub
beat me to it!
Great minds and all that
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

grunty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sel
OOOOhhhhh yes it is
k - you've convinced me - i'll stay !!
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:38 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachie241
What have londerners got against people from the north and visa versa anyway!? I am luckily in the middle but still get fed up of people trying to imitate the 'brummie' accent It's like yeah yeah ok it's been done to death. Have you got nothing else to talk to me about?
It seems we slag off one another no matter what race, ethnicity, culture or part of the country we live in....if we are too fat we get slated equally if we are too slim...I give up! LOL
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:39 am
sel
~~~

Originally Posted by grunty123
k - you've convinced me - i'll stay !!
Pleased to hear it (always loved a good panto ... sorry )
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:40 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes before I leave my mother in law is down in the dumps lately 'feeling homesick' she bloody better not be we are meant to be staying with her!!
I know its not an easy ride for most. There are good and bad points, but people do genuinely get excited and look forward to their new lives in a new and refreshing country. Why do we all seem to put them off or put them down...Where are all the positive vibes?? It gets very negative on here at times. Mind you I suppose that just reflects life in general.. I get pi**ed off sometimes. But I have noticed the 'clicks' on this site and the sarcasm towards sometimes valid questions.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rachie241
Oh yes before I leave my mother in law is down in the dumps lately 'feeling homesick' she bloody better not be we are meant to be staying with her!!
I know its not an easy ride for most. There are good and bad points, but people do genuinely get excited and look forward to their new lives in a new and refreshing country. Why do we all seem to put them off or put them down...Where are all the positive vibes?? It gets very negative on here at times. Mind you I suppose that just reflects life in general.. I get pi**ed off sometimes. But I have noticed the 'clicks' on this site and the sarcasm towards sometimes valid questions.
I'm doin' my best to be positive Rachie! and i'm not putting this brummie acsent on you know - It's real!
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:48 am
Banned

chilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by aston man
point taken..youve ground me down,,your right i am wasting my time being positive,,,

you win..i'll throw the towel in before i've got there..

happy now..???

aston
i know nothing about australia but i dont think that matters..

i come from london, the centre of london is fantastic with lots to do and see..
if you take any group of people and put them in trafalgar square, some will moan about the traffic, some will worry about pigeons, pickpockets, tourists, the price of an ice cream, everything and anything..
others will love the energy, the history, that within 10 minutes walk, you can see buck house,westminster abbey or parliment..
people see things differently..
i see the good side mostly but i still know that i could get run over by that bloody traffic
my mrs has a m8 that cant wait to come round and moan and bitch.. i find something to do when she comes visiting.. +++ shes a proper minger to boot
i'll bet your mrs has a friend just like that too

you gave some posters the chance to give you the view you dont want to see. some of their view are personal and will have no affect on your life at all. but most will have valid points that it would be foolish to ignore .
importantly, most would help you if you, were you to ask..

stay poitive aston

forums are always extreme be nice people, aston is a nice guy..
Old Feb 15th 2007, 2:02 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doub
I'm doin' my best to be positive Rachie! and i'm not putting this brummie acsent on you know - It's real!
So where in Birmingham are you from? C x
Old Feb 15th 2007, 3:54 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
That's because it isn't better or worse just different, same shit shiny new bucket.

Hoons are annoying, flies are only a problem for us for a couple of months a yr. Sorry you feel you've wasted your cash but you'd be seriously pissed off if you'd sold up lock stock & barrel only to find you hate it here. Maybe that's a reason why there's a lot of good and bad points aired on the forum.

I've seen lots come and go over the last 5 yrs, every one with their own reasons as to why it did or didn't work out.

I wish I had a dollar for every post I've read along these lines. I have a question or two for you; Do you only want to read the positive side to life here? Would you rather people who live and work here and who for the main are very happy didn't post about things that irk them?

In a couple of years time when you've walked the walk & talked the talk it'll be interesting to hear how your views have changed if at all. Maybe you'll be just that bit wiser as to why things are like they are here in BE land then
i promise hand on heart ,if i come out there and i dont like it, i will come on here and apologise to everyone i may of upset by my comments..

but i stick by what i said,its so easy for people to paint the wrong picture.

i do not hate england ,i am at the moment looking out the window at police who are at the same house on a daily basis.now who is paying for that?and how much misery is the scumbag that lives there causing to other people?
i have just like millions of others had enough and i have walked the walk ,may it of only been a month but i wont have anyone telling me where i intend to live in perth is not a thousand times better than where i live now..

sorry but thats just how i feel...

aston

Last edited by aston man; Feb 15th 2007 at 3:58 am.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 3:59 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

i promise hand on heart ,if i come out there and i dont like it, i will come on here and apologise to everyone i may of upset by my comments..

i do not hate england ,i am at the moment looking out the window at police who are at the same house on a daily basis.now who is paying for that?and how much misery is the scumbag that lives there causing to other people?
i have just like millions of others had enough and i have walked the walk ,may it of only been a month but i wont have anyone telling me where i intend to live in perth is not a thousand times better than where i live now..

aston
Don't apologise Ast. We all know where you are coming from.
I live in a box of a house. The view from the front is the M6 motorway the view from the back hmmm lets guess...??? the M6 motorway!
The area is as rough as dog sh** and I hate it here. I work in this area too and have thought of moving to another part of the country but I really can't afford anything much better. I know I may struggle in Oz to get a house, but we can always rent and this is dependent on what job OH can get. If he works in the mines he will get a very good wage....I will get around the same. But at least I can try and get a happier life for my family....
Old Feb 15th 2007, 4:11 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

i have been a member on here now for about eight months,and i have read hundreds of times and its getting quite boring. from people who live and have visited australia ,how its not that better than england.

having read all the negative comments about it and perth in particular i wasted £6k going out there to see if it was true ,that you would be covered in flies,killed by snakes,find no work or run over by a hoone.

well i would just like to ask a few simple questions...
if you dont like it why dont you come back?
do you try and say its a sihtohle to keep it all for yourselves?
do you not want other poms there?
do you want to keep all the work for yourselves?
why dash peoples dreams?
if you wanted england with the sun,why didn't you move to benidorm?

i agree its not utopia but why all the negativity?

aston
I have bought a really comfy Lazyboy with built in beer fridge and snack holder just for this kind of thread, give me 2 secs to pop the corn and crack the stubbies open!
Old Feb 15th 2007, 4:37 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

i have been a member on here now for about eight months,and i have read hundreds of times and its getting quite boring. from people who live and have visited australia ,how its not that better than england.

having read all the negative comments about it and perth in particular i wasted £6k going out there to see if it was true ,that you would be covered in flies,killed by snakes,find no work or run over by a hoone.

well i would just like to ask a few simple questions...
if you dont like it why dont you come back?
do you try and say its a sihtohle to keep it all for yourselves?
do you not want other poms there?
do you want to keep all the work for yourselves?
why dash peoples dreams?
if you wanted england with the sun,why didn't you move to benidorm?

i agree its not utopia but why all the negativity?

aston
ast mate, get a grip i for one am glad about ALL comments. when i first came on here, i was full of rosy tinted views about oz. reading through all the posts, good and bad, over the months have prepared me, as well as you can in the circumstances, for what lies ahead. it's not put me off going, but has made me more realistic about life there. fortunately i love the uk and the oz pull is stronger than the uk push, but i am now aware that the possibility exists that i may not like it and want to come back. this will be a dissapointment if it transpires , but we have agreed if one of us can't hack it we will return. also bear in mind while there may be some who are unhappy, that didn't really prepare well or give it a real go, the vast majority of posters will have put everything into it ,but for one reason or another aren't enjoying it. the reasons will vary, but certainly some of them will apply to some of us ready to make the move, and seeing it from their side can't be a bad thing.
have a wee bit empathy for folks having a crap time, it may be us one day.
hope it works out for everyone, you included ast, good luck
Old Feb 15th 2007, 4:40 am
Account Closed

sassycat is an unknown quantity at this point

aston

OI Marcus

At the end of the day the only thing you really need to think about is what is best for you and your lovely family. You are heading to Oz to make a better life - if it works then bloody fantastic if its not what you expected then no big deal - come back and start again - life's too bloody short hon.

Take what you learn from here or anywhere else with a pinch of salt - we make our own way in life and no-one can see what our futures will be.

Life is what you make it - grab it with both hands and enjoy the ride babe.

Love Sass

xxxxxxxx
Old Feb 15th 2007, 6:00 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

aston
Ast,
We all hope things will be better on the other side. For some people it will be, for others it won't. I have a feeling that for you it will be.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 6:36 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for your support chaps,but this isnt about me.i know what to expect ,sod all .but people who haven't been,havent got that luxury..

ast

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.