Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

if no one else will ask ,i will???

Wikiposts

if no one else will ask ,i will???

Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:00 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: if no one else will ask ,i will???

Originally Posted by fraser
loads of negative things here though as elsewhere, are we not allowed to point these out?

?

Errrr....nope!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
"Blessed are the cheesemakers!"
There is some good cheese, but you have to look for it, and you have to pay for it - personal preference as with many things. I used to eat farm cheese in wacky flavours, many of which I haven't found in Aus.
The lettuce threads are an ongoing joke...... one thing you certainly need here is a sense of humour!!!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:06 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Bravo Cresta bravo!!!

How many times over the years have we seen 'em eh? The "We've never lived in Oz but we know it's going to be better than the UK" gang
And were you not one of those yourself once ????
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sel
And were you not one of those yourself once ????
No not really. I always had serious doubts about coming here. But it was the usual story, the 'what if's' got in the way. I eventually got talked into it and talked myself around to it If I remember rightly.

Should've listened to the gut instinct, it's usually the right one.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
There is some good cheese, but you have to look for it, and you have to pay for it - personal preference as with many things.
Maybe it depends where you live in Aus, we have lots of lovely cheese here and most of it locally produced and much cheaper than in the UK!

Wallace and Grommit would be in cheese heaven!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bridie
Wallace and Grommit would be in cheese heaven!
WHAT, without Wensleydale? I think not Bridie, I think not!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

WHAT, without Wensleydale? I think not Bridie, I think not!
good point.....
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:38 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

No not really. I always had serious doubts about coming here. But it was the usual story, the 'what if's' got in the way. I eventually got talked into it and talked myself around to it If I remember rightly.

Should've listened to the gut instinct, it's usually the right one.
All are wise in hindsight .... but you are making your plans to go back so all will be good again
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sel
All are wise in hindsight .... but you are making your plans to go back so all will be good again

Oh yes, 21 months and counting.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:45 pm
sel
~~~

Oh yes, 21 months and counting.
Can't remeber now where you were in the UK (don't think it was far from where I was) but will you be going back to the same place ???
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:46 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure that the majority of people, before they come here, really do believe that they are doing the right thing, otherwise they wouldn't come. Then they get here and for one reason or another it doesn't work out how they thought it would.
Like everybody else they are entitled to their own opinions and tbh isn't it better to get a balanced view, rather than a rose tinted one. But that is what they are, other peoples opinions and circumstances, and until you try it yourself, you will not know for sure.
I read the good and the bad and then made my own mind up when I got here. Some of the things I'd read, I found to be true (you can knit a jumper at the traffic lights) and others (you can't get nice cheese) I found to be untrue.
BE has just a small amount of the expat population and although it might seem to you that there are many on here that are not happy etc, I'm sure there are many more out there that are happy but don't post on here.
Tracey
Old Feb 14th 2007, 9:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sel
Can't remeber now where you were in the UK (don't think it was far from where I was) but will you be going back to the same place ???

From Bromsgrove in Worcs originally. Won't be going back there though. Heading towards the south east...Cornwall/Devon way for a change.

I've discovered I love the ocean. Not to swim in. Just to look at.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 9:05 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooh aaarrrr, oi do miss abit o' cheddar moi love.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 9:11 pm
sel
~~~

From Bromsgrove in Worcs originally. Won't be going back there though. Heading towards the south east...Cornwall/Devon way for a change.

I've discovered I love the ocean. Not to swim in. Just to look at.
We were in Alvechurch We also lived in Devon for a while, in Woolacombe. It is a lovely part of the UK. It was a combination of these places that led us to where we are now and thankfully for us it is working out good.

That will be a nice compromise for your hubby

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.