British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   If Britain is so great....... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/if-britain-so-great-396803/)

Cheetah7 Sep 17th 2006 9:14 am

Re: If Britain is so great.......

Originally Posted by islandmom
indefinate - I have a West Indies passport which helps and we got citizenship here this year. But hubbys jobs guarantee us residency if we choose to move to a bigger island next year or so. We get the job then move - rather than the move then job - his job is quite rare so things like Oz visas arent applicable to us.

Is your house provided? Ive seen your pics in photopost, but cant imagine how properties are there.

redlion Sep 17th 2006 9:35 am

I respect the question, but does everything have to have the arse analised out of it? can you not do something like this because you want to and for nothing more sinister than that? For the record, i love my country and i am proud to be british (whatever that is now!)but im not too happy with what is happening to it more recently, but i do fully understand that this country is not alone in these changes, what i do see is that some other countries deal with these changes differently. I dont know if things are going to work out for us as a family in Australia but then again i dont know what is going to happen to me tomorrow but its not going to stop me getting out of bed in the morning. We will give this move our best shot and if it works out for us we will be a very happy family and if it doesnt work out for us we will still be a happy family thats going somewhere else, as long as we are together thats all that matters to us.

Sorry if i have babbled on a bit but i know what i mean :D

Nev.

username 34 Sep 17th 2006 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Is your house provided? Ive seen your pics in photopost, but cant imagine how properties are there.

yep - hubby gets an expat family contract in his jobs, which means house, car, flights, relocation, medical all part of his package.

means we can live overseas without having to sell our UK house which is another good thing about the UK - the property market! we couldnt afford a decent pension so the house will be it when we hit retirement age and sell it.

CasG Sep 17th 2006 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by redlion
I respect the question, but does everything have to have the arse analised out of it? can you not do something like this because you want to and for nothing more sinister than that? For the record, i love my country and i am proud to be british (whatever that is now!)but im not too happy with what is happening to it more recently, but i do fully understand that this country is not alone in these changes, what i do see is that some other countries deal with these changes differently. I dont know if things are going to work out for us as a family in Australia but then again i dont know what is going to happen to me tomorrow but its not going to stop me getting out of bed in the morning. We will give this move our best shot and if it works out for us we will be a very happy family and if it doesnt work out for us we will still be a happy family thats going somewhere else, as long as we are together thats all that matters to us.

Sorry if i have babbled on a bit but i know what i mean :D

Nev.

Now, now...don't get uppity Nev :p
The question was put in response to someones earlier thread .........I'm interested in the views of others.....and curious as to why someone leaves the country they love, and often have so many roots set down..

This is either due to
A) I care
B) I'm a psych nurse - so do analyse
C) I'm a nosey bitch :D