Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

If Britain is so great.......

View Poll Results: Great Britain is great but I'm leaving because....
For work reasons
9.30%
For family reasons
25.58%
Justbecause you want to give Aus a try, and see if GB really is that good
29.07%
None of the above....GB is pretty crap
41.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

If Britain is so great.......

Old Sep 16th 2006, 4:14 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default If Britain is so great.......

Why are people leaving it..

This poll is in reaction to the thread presently up re 'The day the GB plc died'

I've noticed a few people saying that GB is great....so why leave ??

If you have been here a while, and think that GB is great.....love to know your reasons how you feel and why you have stayed.

ps...I don't think it that great at all....and think that Australia has offers a better life for moi.....but that is just my opionion....(proved right for me btw)

Last edited by CasG; Sep 16th 2006 at 4:19 am.
Old Sep 16th 2006, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

andrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Britain is so great.......

Originally Posted by CasG

This poll is in reaction to the thread presently up re 'The day the GB plc died'

I've noticed a few people saying that GB is great.so why leave ??

ps...I don't think it that great at all....and think that Australia has offers a better life for moi.....but that is just my opionion....(proved right for me btw)
we live in a far more globalised world nowadays, where people move and live all over the place. Huge numbers of aussies live and work in Britain(and not just backpackers travelling for a year....huge numbers work in the City etc because there are great job opportunities for them in the UK).....does that mean that they all think Oz is crap? probably not, its more a reflection of being able to work abroad, see the world and try different life experiences. (and on a personal note... i moved overseas to pursue a relationship....)
Old Sep 16th 2006, 4:22 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andrewrob
we live in a far more globalised world nowadays, where people move and live all over the place. Huge numbers of aussies live and work in Britain(and not just backpackers travelling for a year....huge numbers work in the City etc because there are great job opportunities for them in the UK).....does that mean that they all think Oz is crap? probably not, its more a reflection of being able to work abroad, see the world and try different life experiences. (and on a personal note... i moved overseas to pursue a relationship....)
bugger...hope you vote family then

Good answer - cheers
Old Sep 16th 2006, 5:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

If you have been here a while, and think that GB is great.....love to know your reasons how you feel and why you have stayed.

You don't have one for me

GB is Ok, not good, not bad it just has nothing to offer me and my family anymore.
Old Sep 16th 2006, 5:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

bugger...hope you vote family then

Good answer - cheers

Did you mean, if you think the UK is great and Australia is crap, why are you still here?

Can't get my head round that myself, if you're unhappy then do something about it.
Old Sep 16th 2006, 6:28 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps they left to marry lovely Australians
Old Sep 16th 2006, 7:44 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I don`t think the UK is so bad, It`s just time for a change for us. If you have problems in the UK that you are trying to escape, then I reckon you`ll probably find the same things annoy you, or follow you in Oz.
Old Sep 16th 2006, 7:49 am
Anyone seen my coat???

chopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nice

Originally Posted by WendyC
You don't have one for me

GB is Ok, not good, not bad it just has nothing to offer me and my family anymore.
I'm with what WendyC said!!
Old Sep 16th 2006, 7:53 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Perhaps they left to marry lovely Australians
Pah, no such thing

We left the UK for a change of scenery. Its help being married to a "lovely" Australian, the skilled visa rigmarole would have put me off.

I dont hate the UK, but as Wendy said, it has nothing to offer me and my family any more.
Old Sep 16th 2006, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: If Britain is so great.......

hello
well i do love the uk .and i am going to live in australia. because i can. and i can go back home when i want. i just want to do something different in life just because i can and i have spent 6 months in australia and did love it.so we are doing it for an adventure. nice
all the best
Dave
Old Sep 16th 2006, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

Britain is ok in the summer except there's no surf! The rest of the year the weather sucks but at least there's surf. Problem is its normally rubbish. Going to Oz for better weather, better lifestyle and because we prefer the way of life there.
Old Sep 16th 2006, 9:38 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

I put No. 3 (but not for the 2nd half of it) We just want to give Oz a go !
Old Sep 16th 2006, 10:00 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jon and alex
Britain is ok in the summer except there's no surf! The rest of the year the weather sucks but at least there's surf. Problem is its normally rubbish. Going to Oz for better weather, better lifestyle and because we prefer the way of life there.
... and because there's good surf ?
Old Sep 16th 2006, 11:00 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

.....I don't think it that great at all....and think that Australia has offers a better life for moi.....but that is just my opionion....(proved right for me btw)
Here, here
Old Sep 16th 2006, 11:28 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am probably one of the people who come on and moan about what am leaving , and i do genuinely worry about it, not for me, but for my kids. They are perfectly happy here, however, we are not in a position to give them things materially here, nice hols, big house, etc, etc, but we are in a position to show them , there's a whole world out there waiting, and take them on the experience of all our lives. We count ourselves lucky to be able to give it a go. I don't want them to live there lives in the one town forever, and think wish i had down this or that, I want them to say , well mum and dad had the guts and the nerve to try new and (hopefully great things), so, so will we I think it will give them the confidence they need to get the most out of this very short life we are given.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.