ideas wanted!

Old Apr 12th 2014, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default ideas wanted!

Am throwing this to all expats to help me out here!!
My youngest son is getting married in december and I am desperate to find the right outfit!
I have been looking around for a while, but just cant find the 'wow' dress!

While its not all about 'me' I do want to look amazing!!
It doesnt help that the brides mum is very slim, blonde, and ' scrubs' up very well!, where I am just struggling to reach 5 foot, a bit overweight, and now going extremely grey, due to a sudden reaction to hair colour, leaving me now allergic to it!
As said, dont want to take the shine from the bride, but just need to find an outfit that makes me look and feel good!!
Any ideas?
Old Apr 12th 2014, 8:05 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ideas wanted!

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
My youngest son is getting married in december and I am desperate to find the right outfit!

It doesnt help that the brides mum is very slim, blonde, and ' scrubs' up very well!, where I am just struggling to reach 5 foot, a bit overweight, and now going extremely grey, due to a sudden reaction to hair colour, leaving me now allergic to it!
As said, dont want to take the shine from the bride, but just need to find an outfit that makes me look and feel good!!
Any ideas?

What sort of 'do' is it? Is it formal or more casual? Inside or out? Morning ceremony or later in the day? Will you want to change into an outfit later for the night time do? (I've never done this before, but the last wedding we went too, in the UK, all the women changed into another outfit for the night do)

What features do you like and what do you prefer to cover up? Trousers or dress/skirt? Flats or heels?
Old Apr 12th 2014, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rasen78
What sort of 'do' is it? Is it formal or more casual? Inside or out? Morning ceremony or later in the day? Will you want to change into an outfit later for the night time do? (I've never done this before, but the last wedding we went too, in the UK, all the women changed into another outfit for the night do)

What features do you like and what do you prefer to cover up? Trousers or dress/skirt? Flats or heels?
Its 4.30pm, not in a church, but in a winery
Def want a dress, preferably with sleeves!
Thanks
Old Apr 12th 2014, 9:51 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Its 4.30pm, not in a church, but in a winery
Def want a dress, preferably with sleeves!
Thanks
This would be lovely with some bright red accessories, such as peep toe shoes and a clutch handbag. Don't know your colouring so not sure if you can wear strong colours like these? I would also think about a thin red belt if the dress isn't too empire line style. A small fsscinator would complete the look and you could go either retro (40s) or bring it bang up to date.

http://www.johnlewis.com/ghost-holly...-spot/p1363888
Old Apr 12th 2014, 9:54 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

This is nice and you could team it with a plain shawl/wrap with neutral shoes and handbag

http://www.johnlewis.com/precis-peti...multi/p1285124
Old Apr 12th 2014, 9:56 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

http://int.debenhams.com/au/women/oc...wear/sortby/7/

Debenhams have a sale on right now, might b worth cashing in and buying yer outfit now. This is a link to the occassional/evening wear dept.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 9:57 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Any ideas?
Have you looked in The Wardrobe in Joondalup. They have some nice stuff in there. Also the new Hotbods at Currambine isn't just for ball dresses so that place is worth a look too. You've got a while so try some of the UK websites who are obviously just starting to sell summer stuff.

Monsoon and M&S would be worth a look and I got accessories for my SILs wedding from Jacque Vert, not cheap but great quality. Don't discount one that doesn't have sleeves, you can always get a little lacy shrug type thing to go over the top.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 9:59 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

http://www.johnlewis.com/alexon-lace...-blue/p1287078
Old Apr 12th 2014, 10:05 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I like this one, nice fascinator and strappy shoes.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/appli...lt/p/p60057181
Old Apr 12th 2014, 10:08 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

I think something in pale blue would look nice with grey hair. Obviously you want to look your best but don't stress too much... there's nothing anyone can do that will take the shine from a bride on her wedding day.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 10:36 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product...4.4/5532320208

http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product...4.3/5530136108

http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product...4.4/5530586106

http://www.johnlewis.com/chesca-silk...ricot/p1279147
Old Apr 12th 2014, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
I think something in pale blue would look nice with grey hair. Obviously you want to look your best but don't stress too much... there's nothing anyone can do that will take the shine from a bride on her wedding day.
Being semi-grey and proud of it, I disagree. I think you shouldn't try to 'tone in' with grey hair but choose whatever colours you like, within reason, and suit you. You need to feel confident. Personally I prefer clear, strong colours rather than pastels for formal occasions - nothing fussy or too many accessories.
Above all, something that feels good, simple lines, nothing remotely experimental.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 11:06 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

My two bob's worth - I think it's important to buy your dress in person, rather than online. I know you can usually return clothing, but it might be a long haul before you find the dress that's perfect for you.

You already have some great links here - I'd add, look up bridal shop websites in Perth, many also cater for mother of the bride/groom.

Style, colour etc is such a personal preference, but I'd keep away from wishy washy colours - from your photo I think rich, jewel colours would look gorgeous on you. You'll be looking for a beautiful fabric/s that won't crinkle too much in the Perth heat.

Just a tip from personal experience - for a really special event I always have my make-up done professionally at home. The difference it makes it absolutely amazing and I think it's money well spent. The make-up is designed to withstand the heat and you get little pots of lippy etc to refresh your make-up later. A lot of make-up artists are mobile, don't be afraid to call as many as you want until you find one that you think sounds right for you, I called quite a few before I found one that was experienced in working with older women (not saying you're old! but some do just seem to cater for the stick thin 20 somethings). I usually get my hair done at home too - this all saves you from dashing about the place and getting flustered.

I'm sure you'll find the perfect dress and look absolutely gorgeous
Old Apr 12th 2014, 11:18 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
Old Apr 12th 2014, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
My two bob's worth - I think it's important to buy your dress in person, rather than online. I know you can usually return clothing, but it might be a long haul before you find the dress that's perfect for you.
Good advice there. But be prepared to try on lots of dresses.

Somebody mentioned blue, going off your pic, skin tone, I think you would suit a rich blue. Like cornflower blue or electric blue.

Good luck and enjoy the experience.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.