Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I want to invent a new family tradition in Oz

I want to invent a new family tradition in Oz

Old Dec 21st 2007, 7:07 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want to invent a new family tradition in Oz

Christmas here is pants, our tradition sit indoors and be bored
Old Dec 21st 2007, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Steak and eggs, not sure I fancy that.

Bucks fizz for breakfast and bacon and eggs on the barbie sounds nice. It would be nice not to do too much cooking on the day so a seafood lunch and a swim I think.

As for being bored, I think that you must make it want you want it to be. That's why I want to 'invent' a new Christmas for us.

Mandy
Old Dec 21st 2007, 7:18 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
Steak and eggs, not sure I fancy that.

Bucks fizz for breakfast and bacon and eggs on the barbie sounds nice. It would be nice not to do too much cooking on the day so a seafood lunch and a swim I think.

As for being bored, I think that you must make it want you want it to be. That's why I want to 'invent' a new Christmas for us.

Mandy
16c here forcast for xmas day, it'll just be us and the kids sitting indoors.

It'll be our fourth here and it just isn't xmas.

Oh and we don't have a barbie
Old Dec 21st 2007, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure you can think of sommat to do apart from sitting indoors? (that's unless you like doing that of course).

Christmas in Oz does feel strange. My husband and son got me to cook a roast beef dinner with party hats and the works when we were in Cairns but it felt wrong. So, on our first Christmas back I want to do it differently and do something we would never normally do.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 7:27 am

I'm sure you can think of sommat to do apart from sitting indoors? (that's unless you like doing that of course).

Christmas in Oz does feel strange. My husband and son got me to cook a roast beef dinner with party hats and the works when we were in Cairns but it felt wrong. So, on our first Christmas back I want to do it differently and do something we would never normally do.
You could stay sober

The kids will be happy indoors with their presents,they're 6 & 4 so that's the main thing.

Xmas is pants here but on the other hand we're of to Cairns for a week in January and we can't wait so swings and roundabouts.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fraser
You could stay sober

The kids will be happy indoors with their presents,they're 6 & 4 so that's the main thing.

Xmas is pants here but on the other hand we're of to Cairns for a week in January and we can't wait so swings and roundabouts.
Stay sober, me? Ah, my kids are a bit older than yours and are not that easy to please.

Cairns in Jan will be great, swimming in the lagoon will be like taking a bath Enjoy!

Mandy
Old Dec 21st 2007, 7:34 am

Stay sober, me? Ah, my kids are a bit older than yours and are not that easy to please.

Cairns in Jan will be great, swimming in the lagoon will be like taking a bath Enjoy!

Mandy
We will and looking forward to finally meeting one of your fellow ping pongers
Old Dec 21st 2007, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

When do you go? We arrive in Cairns on the 10th Jan for four days!
Old Dec 21st 2007, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

16c here forcast for xmas day, it'll just be us and the kids sitting indoors.

It'll be our fourth here and it just isn't xmas.

Oh and we don't have a barbie
You don't have a BBQ?
Old Dec 21st 2007, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
You don't have a BBQ?
Thought it was mandatory in Oz, a visa requirement!
Old Dec 21st 2007, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Thought it was mandatory in Oz, a visa requirement!

I made my OH buy one, so he gets his turn at doing the cooking
Old Dec 21st 2007, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

sdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond repute

Christmas here is pants, our tradition sit indoors and be bored
I've had 14 xmas's here and still don't like it particularly. I like being off with everyone together but boiling my arse off whilst doing all the work for wife and 3 kids plus a variety of lazy arsed guests just doesn't cut it for me anymore.

Xmas in UK next year, up the pub lunchtime with my brothers and their families playing 'spot the new jumper', huge xmas dinner round my mums with full festivities ie. taking the piss out of each other, competition footy on the playstation, watch some decent telly etc then local derby footy on boxing day - roll on next year!
Old Dec 21st 2007, 9:02 am

When do you go? We arrive in Cairns on the 10th Jan for four days!
Not until the 21st, where are you moving to?
Old Dec 21st 2007, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Wendy
You don't have a BBQ?
I'm not a big fan of well done food, plus we need to sort out our outside area as the only place we can put one gets the full force of the sun all afternoon.

In fact in 2.5 years I've only been to about 3 barbies.

If you think that's shocking I haven't been in a pool since being here either
Old Dec 21st 2007, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm not a big fan of well done food, plus we need to sort out our outside area as the only place we can put one gets the full force of the sun all afternoon.

In fact in 2.5 years I've only been to about 3 barbies.

If you think that's shocking I haven't been in a pool since being here either
Next you'll be telling me that you haven't seen a dolphin yet.

You're not normal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.