Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I think I might be having a midlife crisis...

I think I might be having a midlife crisis...

Old Feb 10th 2010, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I think I might be having a midlife crisis...

Originally Posted by emelems
Yes, fabulously! This sort of thing is me all over.. I get so bored at the gym working out.. I usually end up in the coffee lounge reading the papers pretending that I will get to the exercise machines in a bit.. this is like a horrendous physical workout BUT with the added benefits of learning self defence... which was a major motivator for me.. plus, as number 1 son goes anyway, I only end up sitting up there on my backside waiting for him, so I thought, why not?!

Em x
Great opportunity to spend some real time together away from all that goes with life at home. I am thinking of Tai-chi. A non contact for me..
I boxed when I was youger and I was great until I went in with an opponent.... I couldn't bring myself to hit someone! I spent 3 rounds running rings round a guy without contact! Gave that up
Old Feb 10th 2010, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

Me, I'd love to knock someone out but wouldnt have the guts or the power. I am not sure I could actually do it but perhaps if they closed their eyes and looked real nasty.

I think tomorrow we should practise Em, invite Ant in....
Old Feb 10th 2010, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kporte
Great opportunity to spend some real time together away from all that goes with life at home. I am thinking of Tai-chi. A non contact for me..
I boxed when I was youger and I was great until I went in with an opponent.... I couldn't bring myself to hit someone! I spent 3 rounds running rings round a guy without contact! Gave that up
I don't think I could ever hit anyone either... unless it was the pervert the other month who thought it was ok to pin me down when I was up the pub.. made me re-think things.. I couldnt shove him off, he was way too strong... (nothing untoward happened btw.. I am not traumatised or anything) but definately made me think that I need to learn a few moves.. or alternatively I can just wow the attacker with my inane ability to break a brick in half with hand Then make a run for it...............

The instructor said that Ed (number 1 son) was pretty quick and that he could see him in competitions as he has that edge... I don't think I would go in for competitions.. but I do intend to do the 3 year road to black belt.. I have to train twice a week, every week..

Em x
Old Feb 10th 2010, 10:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by odyssey
Me, I'd love to knock someone out but wouldnt have the guts or the power. I am not sure I could actually do it but perhaps if they closed their eyes and looked real nasty.

I think tomorrow we should practise Em, invite Ant in....
Ant? yeah.. I could happily slap him into another universe! lol

Em x
Old Feb 10th 2010, 10:25 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
Lesson 1 just completed.... I seriously doubt that I will be able to move tomorrow...

Vicious instructor had us doing circuits just to WARM UP ! and then the boxing gloves came out and we were sparring for an hour...

I am going to have to dig out the Tiger Balm!

Em x
well done chick!
Old Feb 10th 2010, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

Hey there is a great deal, 6 months gym membership $99 if you do 30 days in the gym out of 60. Its like a challenge thing - I am on the case. My abs are going to be visible for the first time ever
Old Feb 10th 2010, 10:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by odyssey
Hey there is a great deal, 6 months gym membership $99 if you do 30 days in the gym out of 60. Its like a challenge thing - I am on the case. My abs are going to be visible for the first time ever
And then we can soothe out all the physical pain by playing Mozart (or The Entertainer) on our new pianos!! (to be arranged very soon!)

Em x
Old Feb 11th 2010, 1:57 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Pheremones.......
Or iPheremones ... they support multi-touch you know.

You may have to jailbreak them though.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 5:05 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Or iPheremones ... they support multi-touch you know.

You may have to jailbreak them though.
And they have wife-fi.......