I see dead people

Old Jun 21st 2007, 3:26 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default I see dead people

Not ghosts, photographs. I am in a quest to turn everything digital - have done videos, nearly finished LP's and half way through photographs.

It surprised me just how many people in those photos have died in probably 10 years that they cover. My grandad is no surprise but there are several people who died in their 30's or thereabouts.

When I first noticed this I thought it might make me homesick, you know, want to spend more time with friends and family back in the UK. But I surprised myself because it only stiffened my resolve that we did the right thing. You never know when your number will be up so live life to the max, only regret the things you didn't do not the things you did.

Thanks for listening
Old Jun 21st 2007, 3:31 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I see dead people

Originally Posted by worzel
Not ghosts, photographs. I am in a quest to turn everything digital - have done videos, nearly finished LP's and half way through photographs.

It surprised me just how many people in those photos have died in probably 10 years that they cover. My grandad is no surprise but there are several people who died in their 30's or thereabouts.

When I first noticed this I thought it might make me homesick, you know, want to spend more time with friends and family back in the UK. But I surprised myself because it only stiffened my resolve that we did the right thing. You never know when your number will be up so live life to the max, only regret the things you didn't do not the things you did.

Thanks for listening
Glad to hear that. How is your cold today, you feeling better?
Old Jun 21st 2007, 5:04 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Glad to hear that. How is your cold today, you feeling better?
10 times worse I think it is real flu not just man flu.

I shouldn't have gone to the Tavern public meeting last night but Sam wouldn't go so I felt I had to.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 5:07 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I shouldn't have gone to the Tavern public meeting last night but Sam wouldn't go so I felt I had to.
Oh dear. Hope you feel better soon.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 6:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You almost sound sincere there
Old Jun 21st 2007, 6:14 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You almost sound sincere there
It was sincere. I saw his wife and daughter yesterday and they both testified as to how ill he was and that it was more than just man flu. I gather he is sat in the study with the heater on full blast looking like Scott of the Antarctic
Old Jun 21st 2007, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Live life to the full, you never know the minute
Old Jun 21st 2007, 6:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
It was sincere. I saw his wife and daughter yesterday and they both testified as to how ill he was and that it was more than just man flu. I gather he is sat in the study with the heater on full blast looking like Scott of the Antarctic
What? dead Jeez he must be bad. Get well soon Worzel
Old Jun 21st 2007, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

.....You never know when your number will be up so live life to the max, only regret the things you didn't do not the things you did.

Thanks for listening
so how long have you spent converting stuff to digital
J
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:08 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
so how long have you spent converting stuff to digital
J
It took 3 months to convert 100 LP's to MP3.... then I did it all over again to save them as audio CD's - should have done that first. Doh!

The videos were only about 10 hours worth - 30 minutes every Xmas plus odds and sods so only took a weekend.

The photos have surprised me at how easy they are. It takes about 30 minutes to scan them in 4 at a time and a similar time to crop them and save them. I downloaded a free program called Irfanview which is basic but simple and powerful. There are about 40 albums and will free up a whole bookcase when done. Well worth the effort! What else would I do of an evening anyway? TV is crap (both here and in the UK)

PS Yes I did get the irony