Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I was one of the 1074 caught by the new camera

I was one of the 1074 caught by the new camera

Old Sep 10th 2011, 3:11 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I was one of the 1074 caught by the new camera

Speed cameras are fro revenue pure and simple, red light cameras are different and I would happily have them on every set of lights in the country. If you can't stop at a red light then you are driving too fast. I have never had to go through a red light, there is no need to.

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
hmmm...there is something to be said for Red light cameras being dangerous. Those drivers slamming on the brakes have probably been caught recently and are ultra careful. There have been times when I have gone through an amber and then caught red because the road is wet and I don't want to slow too fast...
Old Sep 10th 2011, 3:39 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Speed cameras are fro revenue pure and simple, red light cameras are different and I would happily have them on every set of lights in the country. If you can't stop at a red light then you are driving too fast. I have never had to go through a red light, there is no need to.
I can just see the meeting where they decided that.

"Hey guys, instead up putting up rates and upsetting people, let's create a new revenue stream from speeding".

Some people just need an excuse so they can absolve themselves of blame. If you can't blame someone else then it must be the government ogre raising money that's to blame.

Ultimately speed limits are there because people can't behave themselves.

Last edited by Rambi; Sep 10th 2011 at 4:37 am.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 3:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

and if you are driving too fast then you cop it too...

it's possible to be clocked a few k over, and to be copped with the tail end of your car as the light changes to red..

both knowingly, unknowingly in both cases.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Sep 10th 2011 at 3:51 am. Reason: typo
Old Sep 10th 2011, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

Also Red Light Cameras,if stopped at the traffic lights and an ambulance,fire police are behind you with lights and siren on-DO NOT UNDER ANY CICUMSTANCES let the emergancy vehicle through the intersection.
If you are pinged by the red light camera as you move through to allow the emergency vehicle through- you will recive NO sympathy and will wear the fine.
A case in Melbourne was that the car driver let the Ambulance through-was pinged by the safety camera,ambulance service denied it occured(As ambulance went through just as the lights changed to green)
Old Sep 10th 2011, 5:36 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I have no need or desire to absolve myself of blame, if I am caught for speeding at a level I feel is dangerous I will accept full responsibility but I wont be told that 107 in a 100 zone on a deserted highway is in any way dangerous. My sister in law was fined twice in Victoria for 63 in a 60 zone, what a bloody menace she is. Oddly enough at the time her speedo was allowed to be inaccurate +/- 10%.

Originally Posted by Rambi

Some people just need an excuse so they can absolve themselves of blame. If you can't blame someone else then it must be the government ogre raising money that's to blame.

Ultimately speed limits are there because people can't behave themselves.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 6:03 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

I have no need or desire to absolve myself of blame, if I am caught for speeding at a level I feel is dangerous I will accept full responsibility but I wont be told that 107 in a 100 zone on a deserted highway is in any way dangerous. My sister in law was fined twice in Victoria for 63 in a 60 zone, what a bloody menace she is. Oddly enough at the time her speedo was allowed to be inaccurate +/- 10%.
Her speedo should be accurate to +0 -10%. If she was caught at 63 they would have knocked off 3 so she was actually doing 66. As the speedo standard says that it should only over-read then her speedo would have said more than that. Maybe 70?

As said before speed limits are there because people can't behave themselves. I should have also said that speeding fines are also there because people can't behave themselves.

Who knows, 100 in a 100 zone on a deserted highway could be dangerous if something goes wrong.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 6:09 am
Banned

Yeah whatever, I guess I'm just not self-righteous enough
Old Sep 10th 2011, 6:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Wait till you get back to Utopia- then let it shine through..
Old Sep 10th 2011, 6:15 am
Banned

I'm afraid I'm not one of those that considers England to be Utopia, it is the place for us but far from perfect. To me Utopia wouldn't be a nice place to live as everyone would be living there.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 6:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm afraid I'm not one of those that considers England to be Utopia, it is the place for us but far from perfect. To me Utopia wouldn't be a nice place to live as everyone would be living there.
Change your tag - or are you implying that 'Utopia - soon' - is perhaps never?

And that was your 1000th post. Be proud!
Old Sep 10th 2011, 6:24 am
Banned

We are all entitled to be optimistic, a bit of wishful thinking never did anyone any harm.
Excellent, now 1002.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 6:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We are all entitled to be optimistic, a bit of wishful thinking never did anyone any harm.
Excellent, now 1002.
Ok...

(BTW when you typed 2003 by mistake - or do my eyes deceive me, I thought you were taking about the rugby.

I'm so happy about 2003 and still can't quite believe 2007 I'm not so bothered about this time around - I will take whatever lady luck provides.)
Old Sep 10th 2011, 7:07 am
Banned

Get yourself down to Specsavers mate
Old Sep 10th 2011, 8:43 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Nor me. I'm not self-centred either.

Also, although you are not self-righteous, the statement "I will accept full responsibility but I wont be told that 107 in a 100 zone on a deserted highway is in any way dangerous" is pretty much a text-book example.

Last edited by Rambi; Sep 10th 2011 at 9:15 am.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 8:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

but I wont be told that 107 in a 100 zone on a deserted highway is in any way dangerous. .
Well you will actually, and you'll get fined for it. It's not your call to make.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.