Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The "I Must Get Me Tickets To That Brisbane Gig" Thread

The "I Must Get Me Tickets To That Brisbane Gig" Thread

Old Dec 10th 2010, 12:11 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "I Must Get Me Tickets To That Brisbane Gig" Thread

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I just had a kip for a few minutes standing up Apart from that it was fantastic!! And they finished on With or Without You, which is probably my most favourite U2 song ever
Glad you enjoyed it, sounds like a better finale than Wednesday night.

Maybe they ran a bit long then and got hampered by the strict 10:30 finish ... can't be keeping people up in Brisbane can we ...
Old Dec 10th 2010, 12:14 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I just had a kip for a few minutes standing up Apart from that it was fantastic!! And they finished on With or Without You, which is probably my most favourite U2 song ever
Ah ah ... the ever useful 'net provides the answer ...

----------------------------
comment: First 360° Tour show at which Moment Of Surrender is not performed, and hence first 360° Tour show closed by a song other than Moment Of Surrender. Due to the venue's strict 10:30pm curfew, U2 were off stage by 10:27pm after With Or Without You.
Old Dec 10th 2010, 2:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Ah ah ... the ever useful 'net provides the answer ...

comment: First 360° Tour show at which Moment Of Surrender is not performed, and hence first 360° Tour show closed by a song other than Moment Of Surrender. Due to the venue's strict 10:30pm curfew, U2 were off stage by 10:27pm after With Or Without You.
Ahhhhhh that explains that one! I'm quite glad actually, twas the perfect end as far as I was concerned
Old Feb 11th 2011, 7:24 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

De La Soul playing The Tivoli 3rd March
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

oz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud of

Frank turner - Brisbane Rosies (Edward st) April 16

only $20
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Dead Kennedys this Thursday at the HiFi . . .

Old Apr 13th 2011, 1:58 am
Mostly Harmless

Just announced ... Splendour in the Grass, Friday 29 July to Sunday 31 July, Woodford.

Pulp are back! Excellent news

Amongst others:

=======================
COLDPLAY (only Australian show)
KANYE WEST (only Australian show)
JANE'S ADDICTION
THE HIVES
PULP
THE LIVING END
THE MARS VOLTA
REGINA SPEKTOR (only 2011 show...anywhere)
MOGWAI (only Australian show)
GLASVEGAS
THE GRATES
DEVENDRA BANHARDT
MODEST MOUSE
THE MIDDLE EAST
KAISER CHIEFS
JAMES BLAKE
TheVineS
ELBOW
CUT COPY
ISOBEL CAMPBELL AND MARK LANEGAN
THE KILLS
ARCHITECTURE IN HELSINKI
THE VACCINES
GOMEZ
BRITISH SEA POWER
THE BLACK SEEDS
LIAM FINN
THE HERD
HUNGRY KIDS OF HUNGARY
=======================
Old Apr 13th 2011, 5:33 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Just announced ... Splendour in the Grass, Friday 29 July to Sunday 31 July, Woodford.

Amongst others:

=======================
JANE'S ADDICTION
THE HIVES
PULP
THE LIVING END
THE MARS VOLTA
GLASVEGAS
THE GRATES
DEVENDRA BANHARDT
MODEST MOUSE
THE MIDDLE EAST
KAISER CHIEFS
JAMES BLAKE
TheVineS
ELBOW
CUT COPY
THE KILLS
ARCHITECTURE IN HELSINKI
THE VACCINES
GOMEZ
BRITISH SEA POWER
THE BLACK SEEDS
LIAM FINN
THE HERD
HUNGRY KIDS OF HUNGARY
=======================
Just hope that they are on before Coldplay - because you'll have to put up with that wanker, Chris Martin and co beforehand
Old Apr 13th 2011, 5:36 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Just hope that they are on before Coldplay - because you'll have to put up with that wanker, Chris Martin and co beforehand
I'd imagine they'd either be below Coldplay or playing a seperate night.

I saw Coldplay just as they were rising up on the success of 'Yellow', they were pretty good in a small venue but then they went up themselves a bit.

I'm hoping Pulp will do seperate gigs in town, I'm up for some of that, I saw them a fair few times in the UK, every one a winner.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Amongst others:

=======================
JANE'S ADDICTION
THE HIVES
PULP
THE LIVING END
THE MARS VOLTA
GLASVEGAS
THE GRATES
DEVENDRA BANHARDT
MODEST MOUSE
THE MIDDLE EAST
KAISER CHIEFS
JAMES BLAKE
TheVineS
ELBOW
CUT COPY
THE KILLS
ARCHITECTURE IN HELSINKI
THE VACCINES
GOMEZ
BRITISH SEA POWER
THE BLACK SEEDS
LIAM FINN
THE HERD
HUNGRY KIDS OF HUNGARY
=======================
Wouldn't mind another Elbow show and Pulp the same night would be a very good bonus
Old Apr 13th 2011, 11:24 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Amongst others:

=======================
JANE'S ADDICTION
THE HIVES
PULP
THE LIVING END
THE MARS VOLTA
GLASVEGAS
THE GRATES
DEVENDRA BANHARDT
MODEST MOUSE
THE MIDDLE EAST
KAISER CHIEFS
JAMES BLAKE
TheVineS
ELBOW
CUT COPY
THE KILLS
ARCHITECTURE IN HELSINKI
THE VACCINES
GOMEZ
BRITISH SEA POWER
THE BLACK SEEDS
LIAM FINN
THE HERD
HUNGRY KIDS OF HUNGARY
=======================
Gomez are about the only live act worth seeing off that IMO. I didn't mind Pulp in their hay day, but they were shit live. Cocker was always full of himself
Old Apr 14th 2011, 9:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Amongst others:

=======================
JANE'S ADDICTION
THE HIVES
PULP
THE LIVING END
THE MARS VOLTA
GLASVEGAS
THE GRATES
DEVENDRA BANHARDT
MODEST MOUSE
THE MIDDLE EAST
KAISER CHIEFS
JAMES BLAKE
TheVineS
ELBOW
CUT COPY
THE KILLS
ARCHITECTURE IN HELSINKI
THE VACCINES
GOMEZ
BRITISH SEA POWER
THE BLACK SEEDS
LIAM FINN
THE HERD
HUNGRY KIDS OF HUNGARY
=======================
I'm getting old. I've only heard of 7 of them.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Gomez are about the only live act worth seeing off that IMO. I didn't mind Pulp in their hay day, but they were shit live. Cocker was always full of himself
I was at Glastonbury in 95 when Pulp replaced the Stone Roses on the saturday night! They were ****ing excellent

Oh the memories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWaHnlt2I3U
Old Apr 14th 2011, 10:20 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by smudger_scfc
I was at Glastonbury in 95 when Pulp replaced the Stone Roses on the saturday night! They were ****ing excellent

Oh the memories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWaHnlt2I3U
That was my first festival
Old Apr 15th 2011, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

That was my first festival
And i bet you didn't pay a penny to get in Fair play that was some first festival, Oasis on the Friday night, could very well have been my favorite year at Glastonbury that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.