Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I was made to Scrapbook today!

I was made to Scrapbook today!

Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I was made to Scrapbook today!

Originally Posted by Womat
How good a friend is she? If it was me I'd probably just tell them it's not my cup of tea, not having the same interest in a hobby shouldn't alter the way they feel about you, but if it does they aren't much of a friend anyway.

I'd heard scrapbooking was becoming popular but I've seen no evidence of it myself, no one I know has taken it up as a hobby.
Well call me thick but what exactly IS scrapbooking?????? is it just sticking in bits of paper in a book????? (oooh I haven't lived have I??? )
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
I met a lady who was getting married and was making a scrap book to her future husband - The A to Z of reasons I love you.

After I vomited due to the sickly and innane waste of no doubt several days when after a few years your lucky to get a Christmas card, I actually thought that was quite sweet really. I know I'd be chuffed if I got that from my wife to be.
Perhaps I should start doing one for Adam's 40th - that gives me nearly 4 years and I'd bloody need it
I do think they do do them with a lot of love - bless... still rather be at the pub though
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Well call me thick but what exactly IS scrapbooking?????? is it just sticking in bits of paper in a book????? (oooh I haven't lived have I??? )
Have attached a scan of my first attempt - doesn't fit on the scanner, but gives you an idea! Bit to flowery for my liking, but the girls love it...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
scrapbook.pdf (975.6 KB, 99 views)
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Crow
Have attached a scan of my first attempt - doesn't fit on the scanner, but gives you an idea! Bit to flowery for my liking, but the girls love it...
Ah little cuties

So it's sticking in photo's with decoration around them then????? erm... why do they have parties doing it?
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:44 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

They made me I've actually been to a scrapbooking session at a friend's house today and they said I had to bring some photos so I could do a page too! For some reason she thinks I really want to do it - I was probably being polite once
How do I get out of the weekly meets!!! HELP.....
BTW - my page looked quite 'nice'.... in a scrapbooking sort of way....

R
So you should have an face....made you my foot
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CasG
So you should have an face....made you my foot
I've got to think of my street cred... I did have some once... honest..
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by curly
Ah little cuties

So it's sticking in photo's with decoration around them then????? erm... why do they have parties doing it?
It's just like coffee mornings where they can share ideas and decorations/paper/utensils etc, etc... Too much concentrating and not enough gossip, I reckon!
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Fantastic image - sitting there with a glue stick pointed at your back, and some mad woman in a flowery apron hssing "ve hav vays ov making you scrapbook"
It was the serrated scissors that did it - I was powerless...
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Womat
How good a friend is she? If it was me I'd probably just tell them it's not my cup of tea, not having the same interest in a hobby shouldn't alter the way they feel about you, but if it does they aren't much of a friend anyway.

I'd heard scrapbooking was becoming popular but I've seen no evidence of it myself, no one I know has taken it up as a hobby.
Luckily I've got plenty of other friends who don't do it!! I've got a good excuse as it's usually my gym morning - fat busting is much more important than picture pasting! I'll tell her I'll do another page when I've lost 20 kilos - that should see me right until..... 2009!
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:55 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got to think of my street cred... I did have some once... honest..
Mine floudered to a standstill when I went to a tupperware party

Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:57 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

just tell her its a waste of space and going straight in the bin
I guarantee you will never be asked back again and will be cut dead in the street!!

Kim
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Womat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really nice

Luckily I've got plenty of other friends who don't do it!! I've got a good excuse as it's usually my gym morning - fat busting is much more important than picture pasting! I'll tell her I'll do another page when I've lost 20 kilos - that should see me right until..... 2009!
Oh just hover on 19.5 kilos lost, then it's 2009 and beyond.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 1:40 pm
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

I suppose if you get invited back depends upon the type of photographs you take with you. I am sure there are some that would be frowned upon.............................................
Old Mar 20th 2007, 1:45 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Forced to scrapbook

I would bring in piccies of a selection of various pubic hair designs and then insist that the beaver area gets covered in glue and glitter, thus showing the pubic region in its full glory.

Sit there, proudly hold up the 'Brazilian' complete with blue glitter and say 'I think this is lovely'

Bet they wont ask you back.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 1:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

Forced to scrapbook

I would bring in piccies of a selection of various pubic hair designs and then insist that the beaver area gets covered in glue and glitter, thus showing the pubic region in its full glory.

Sit there, proudly hold up the 'Brazilian' complete with blue glitter and say 'I think this is lovely'

Bet they wont ask you back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.