Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I know Aussies get up early but...

I know Aussies get up early but...

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light
Default I know Aussies get up early but...

I think that I've seen (and heard) it all now. I know that Aussies tend to get up early compared to Brits but at 6 am this morning (a public holiday) my neighbour is hoovering out his car. How bizarre is that???
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:18 pm
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I know Aussies get up early but...

Maybe he was cleaning up after the overnight disposal of a corpse

Has he been acting weird lately?
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by yanH
I think that I've seen (and heard) it all now. I know that Aussies tend to get up early compared to Brits but at 6 am this morning (a public holiday) my neighbour is hoovering out his car. How bizarre is that???
I know what you mean. When we activated our visas last year we met up with some friends. We discussed the fact the people get up a lot earlier and they told us that we would be up at about 5am, they would make sure of that. I still can not see that happening, but I am sure that once we are there we will see things in a different light
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by perksy
Maybe he was cleaning up after the overnight disposal of a corpse

Has he been acting weird lately?
Funny you should mention it but there's a new patio appeared in his garden overnight
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:27 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I was forced to get up early this morning because believe it or not, even though it is Easter Monday, roadworkers decided to start setting up outside at 7am!! Yes, dragging heavy metal appliance over the tarmac and revving up engines. I was waiting for the drill to start but at least they wait till 8am for that!
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:30 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest I'm up around 5am now and pretty much I don't have a problem with anyone doing anything like that. However, in true QLD style god help anyone if they keep me awake at 9pm !
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

Baltibabe is a jewel in the roughBaltibabe is a jewel in the roughBaltibabe is a jewel in the roughBaltibabe is a jewel in the roughBaltibabe is a jewel in the rough

I'm in Sydney and I'm up. Not hoovering though
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You sure you aren't my neighbour, thats the kind of thing The Bloke does quite regularly
Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

This could explain why we NEVER see our neighbours... we are obviously not synchronised...

I HATE mornings...
Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
This could explain why we NEVER see our neighbours... we are obviously not synchronised...

I HATE mornings...
Ditto, hence the reason my first post of the day was at 11.12am, while still in my nightshirt
Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:29 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

my OH has synchronised he gets up at 5am and is in bed by 9pm means I have problems chatting on msn as I'm not around that early
Old Mar 25th 2008, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

holmes will become famous soon enough

How very odd!! Must be a strange town you live in, the type of place where people get annoyed if you make any noise after dark......
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:35 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
To be honest I'm up around 5am now and pretty much I don't have a problem with anyone doing anything like that. However, in true QLD style god help anyone if they keep me awake at 9pm !
Im the same mate, 5am or just before.

Im amazed at some of the poms i Know, who get out their pits at 9am+

Especially, in the heat of summer.. get up early, get stuff done.

Ste
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:38 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I normally get up at 6am but on Thursday I am getting up at 3.30am to catch a 5.30 flight north for a day trip and will be home by 9pm. That is a relatively common thing to do in the resources sector.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:01 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I normally get up at 6am but on Thursday I am getting up at 3.30am to catch a 5.30 flight north for a day trip and will be home by 9pm. That is a relatively common thing to do in the resources sector.
Meant to ask you where are you flying to? Liam flys to Mount Keith on a Thursday morning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.