Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I have seen some awful Oz houses but is this the worst?!

Wikiposts

I have seen some awful Oz houses but is this the worst?!

Old Nov 20th 2006, 6:16 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have seen some awful Oz houses but is this the worst?!

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Oh, I'm well aware of it. After all, Skip Lane isn't too far from us - though just far enough to keep us out of that price bracket! And of course, there are some lovely houses near the Arboretum.

But if you're looking for nice houses at an affordable rate, Walsall is not the place to go. Give me Redwood Park, Vista or Yatala Vale any day!
Yeah, I don't think the UK has any nice houses left that are at an 'affordable rate' the price of houses now is just madness
Old Nov 20th 2006, 6:30 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Nifty.

How well do you know Rushall...?
mcdonalds
Old Nov 20th 2006, 6:37 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: I have seen some awful Oz houses but is this the worst?!

Originally Posted by aston man
mcdonalds
Very close.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 7:42 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, we know it looks terrible - which is why a lot of people tend to cover it with creepers and vines.

But we also know that it is bloody good at stopping the UV rays - and if it comes down to "pretty" or "safe", I'll go with "safe".
I agree with the 'safe' principle but surely someone can come up with a better building material than corrugated plastic?!!!
Old Nov 20th 2006, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

Nope, just good old fashioned blinds.
I just took another look, my god they are blinds! At first I thought they were projector screens reminding me of the lecture hall when I was at school, would definately have to have the inside plastered to cover up all that brickwork, but other than that its not bad.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 8:06 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: I have seen some awful Oz houses but is this the worst?!

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
I agree with the 'safe' principle but surely someone can come up with a better building material than corrugated plastic?!!!
Well, the old green corrugated plastic is a bit out of date, I must admit. There are some much nicer options available.

Old Nov 20th 2006, 9:08 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the old green corrugated plastic is a bit out of date, I must admit. There are some much nicer options available.

They had those where we stayed in Dunsborough, they looked fab Mind you EVERYTHING looked fab there!