Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I have seen some awful Oz houses but is this the worst?!

Wikiposts

I have seen some awful Oz houses but is this the worst?!

Old Nov 20th 2006, 12:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have seen some awful Oz houses but is this the worst?!

At a glance I thought this was the Rotating House that was on Better Homes and Gardens... I don't think it's that bad at all and JTL actually likes it. It's got, ermmm, lots of potentials. You can tell they've decluttered the whole place for the pictures. Gotta give them credit for the effort.

Mrs JTL
Old Nov 20th 2006, 1:10 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
At a glance I thought this was the Rotating House that was on Better Homes and Gardens... I don't think it's that bad at all and JTL actually likes it. It's got, ermmm, lots of potentials. You can tell they've decluttered the whole place for the pictures. Gotta give them credit for the effort.

Mrs JTL
uncluttered or moved out?!

the kitchen in that rotating house is gorgeous!!
although i am not sure why they have included a close up shot of the piano?!!
Old Nov 20th 2006, 1:37 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
uncluttered or moved out?!

the kitchen in that rotating house is gorgeous!!
although i am not sure why they have included a close up shot of the piano?!!

I love the rotating house - how fab!
Old Nov 20th 2006, 1:39 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
I love the rotating house - how fab!
It is super fab
Old Nov 20th 2006, 1:53 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
It is super fab
No, it's super, super fab!
Old Nov 20th 2006, 1:55 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Let me know what job your on and i will come behind you and give it a once over

Originally Posted by aston man
i tell you what,if the brickies get a dollar a brick ,when i get over there ,feature brickwork will be a thing of the past,,it will be that rough they will have no choice, they will have to plaster it...
Old Nov 20th 2006, 2:10 am
A rather curious boy

It is super fab
I dunno Clips...could be a bit of a depresser living here....
Attached Thumbnails I have seen some awful Oz houses but is this the worst?!-house069.jpg  
Old Nov 20th 2006, 5:19 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: I have seen some awful Oz houses but is this the worst?!

Edited to add: Good morning Vash

Yes Walsall has some bad areas BUT so do most places don't they. Believe it or not Walsall actually has some good parts too:

http://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/ag...rop&pid=768208

http://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/ag...&photo=1#photo

Oh, I'm well aware of it. After all, Skip Lane isn't too far from us - though just far enough to keep us out of that price bracket! And of course, there are some lovely houses near the Arboretum.

But if you're looking for nice houses at an affordable rate, Walsall is not the place to go. Give me Redwood Park, Vista or Yatala Vale any day!
Old Nov 20th 2006, 5:20 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollydaydream2
Looks a bit like a conference centre, but redecorate it and it would be quite nice, and unusual. How many people have a round house. Are they white boards on the bedroom walls?
Nope, just good old fashioned blinds.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 5:22 am
Fighting my corner

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
another thing i have noticed is that the australians seem to like to use corrugated plastic to roof their outside eating areas!!
what is all that about?! don't they know it looks terrible?!

Tiggs
Yes, we know it looks terrible - which is why a lot of people tend to cover it with creepers and vines.

But we also know that it is bloody good at stopping the UV rays - and if it comes down to "pretty" or "safe", I'll go with "safe".
Old Nov 20th 2006, 5:23 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Oh, I'm well aware of it. After all, Skip Lane isn't too far from us - though just far enough to keep us out of that price bracket! And of course, there are some lovely houses near the Arboretum.

But if you're looking for nice houses at an affordable rate, Walsall is not the place to go. Give me Redwood Park, Vista or Yatala Vale any day!
flippin hell mate your not a mile from me....
Old Nov 20th 2006, 5:24 am
A rather curious boy

RUN, VASH, RUN!
Old Nov 20th 2006, 5:25 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
RUN, VASH, RUN!

no running where he lives its all hills
Old Nov 20th 2006, 5:28 am
A rather curious boy

no running where he lives its all hills
I've just read your avatar! hohoho
Old Nov 20th 2006, 6:09 am
Fighting my corner

Lightbulb Re: I have seen some awful Oz houses but is this the worst?!

Nifty.

How well do you know Rushall...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.