I have a daughter

Old May 28th 2012, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default I have a daughter

....again!
A long, hard, bitter sweet journey for both of us...but I can now say, hand on heart, I finally feel that the bridges have been rebuilt and lessons learned.

Almost 8 and a hlaf years ago my daughter and I went our own separate ways - in that time I have seen her only twice in the flesh. It has been the hardest thing in the world to go through and anyone who has been there (or is still there) will appreciate truly the heartache that is felt.

I speak to my daughter on the phone now and she has just promised to send me her adddress so I can mail things out. In August (when I go to visit the UK) we have plans!!!! PLANS!

A meal out with her partner and mine

A girls night out

Such simple things that most of us take for granted - seem so special to me know.

For everyone who helped me through the early days and helped me to accept and come to terms with my decisions - I truly thank you for being there - and I wanted you to be here to share in the sweet moment now.

Sarah
Old May 28th 2012, 11:43 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have a daughter

Glad to hear it, it must be awful to have that go on.

Try not to have a big fight on the night out esp. is booze is involved.
Old May 29th 2012, 12:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

So glad that you have managed to get back some form of relationship with your daughter. Hope that it continues to build.
Old May 29th 2012, 12:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Goodluck...

Family bridges are some of the hardest to build....
Old May 29th 2012, 12:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

All the best...hope you have a fab time in the UK.

It would break my heart if my daughter and I fell out...I just can't imagine it.
Old May 29th 2012, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
All the best...hope you have a fab time in the UK.

It would break my heart if my daughter and I fell out...I just can't imagine it.

Yes - I never thought I came from 'a family like that' - you see a lot of families that are split apart but my family was never that way.

I guess when a divorce happens - then this gives way to the children having more options/paths to follow - and if the other partner is not singing from your prayer book then it becomes such a struggle to agree on the upbringing of a child between the two.

Anyhow - looking forward to seeing Sheffield an showing my friend and my boyfriend Yorkshire and some other beautiful places back in the UK
Old May 29th 2012, 1:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear
Yes - I never thought I came from 'a family like that' - you see a lot of families that are split apart but my family was never that way.

I guess when a divorce happens - then this gives way to the children having more options/paths to follow - and if the other partner is not singing from your prayer book then it becomes such a struggle to agree on the upbringing of a child between the two.

Anyhow - looking forward to seeing Sheffield an showing my friend and my boyfriend Yorkshire and some other beautiful places back in the UK
Sorry I didn't know the history of the split with your daughter.

I had a difficult relationship with my mother...for several years before mum died she refused to speak to me. When my daughter was born I swore I would not have a similar relationship with my daughter.

I'm a Sheffield girl...born and bred. I haven't been back for about 20 years.
Old May 29th 2012, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Sorry I didn't know the history of the split with your daughter.

I had a difficult relationship with my mother...for several years before mum died she refused to speak to me. When my daughter was born I swore I would not have a similar relationship with my daughter.

I'm a Sheffield girl...born and bred. I haven't been back for about 20 years.
Yes I recall that you are a Sheffield lass!

It has changed so much since I left to be sure.

My relationship with my mum has gotten better over the last 2 years since I split from my hubby - strange. I feel more able to talk to her as an equal instead of bottling things up and feeling resentment - i just discuss with her and talk things through. I have learnt recently that my mum thinks I have a very good head on my shoulders and am very sensible ...I never knew she thought that.
Old May 29th 2012, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

That is great newsIt has given me hope with my daughter.
Old May 29th 2012, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

LisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to all

Stumbled across this and must admit I got a bit choked up when reading.

It's so great that you're building bridges. I don't have a relationship with my own mom and haven't for about 7 years now. I don't think I ever will and while I no longer long for that with her, I do miss a 'mom' figure.

Best wishes for your visit in August
Old May 29th 2012, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by LisaIan
Stumbled across this and must admit I got a bit choked up when reading.

It's so great that you're building bridges. I don't have a relationship with my own mom and haven't for about 7 years now. I don't think I ever will and while I no longer long for that with her, I do miss a 'mom' figure.

Best wishes for your visit in August

That is very sad to hear my love - I know what you mean about the 'mom' figure. I have a wonderful step-daughter here in Oz who is 9 months younger than my own daughter. I have been blessed with her - and I hope she realises that she is as much 'mine' as she is her mum's.

Even though she does refer to her mother at times as 'my real mum;.....
Old May 29th 2012, 3:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

That is awesome news S. I know you've been so close to this point before but to have it close enough to touch is brilliant. Huge hugs and have a blast in August. xx
Old May 29th 2012, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear that bridges have been built Sas! You are a star for hanging in like you have done! Hope you have a great holiday!
Old May 29th 2012, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

aw that's fantastic hun. Really glad for you
Old May 29th 2012, 8:32 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

just watch the booze intake on the nights out
people can say things the dont or do mean when they are pished!

great news, i hope it all goes perfect from here on in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.