Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I hate this responsibility!

I hate this responsibility!

Old Dec 24th 2005, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default I hate this responsibility!

Ok, I'm a fairly responsible person, I have a responsible job, but part of me still acts like a 17 yr old! I think this is why the enormity of what is happening has only just hit me! I have been in denial about selling the house and emigrating for what seems like a lifetime! Yes i've shown people around the house, whinged like mad about them....but I've never really 'thought' about actually selling it properly. Yesterday my sister picked up a letter from the estate agent and said casually "its great you've sold your house, but where ya going to live mate?" It suddenly occured to me that for the first time ever I'm not only going to be homeless, but homeless with 3 kids! Its this kind of daunting responsibility I've been hiding from! Cold feet maybe? Well I'm still prepared to go through with it all, and I am looking forward to it, so why does it break my heart when i think about everything I'm giving up?
Old Dec 24th 2005, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I hate this responsibility!

Originally Posted by glittababe
Ok, I'm a fairly responsible person, I have a responsible job, but part of me still acts like a 17 yr old! I think this is why the enormity of what is happening has only just hit me! I have been in denial about selling the house and emigrating for what seems like a lifetime! Yes i've shown people around the house, whinged like mad about them....but I've never really 'thought' about actually selling it properly. Yesterday my sister picked up a letter from the estate agent and said casually "its great you've sold your house, but where ya going to live mate?" It suddenly occured to me that for the first time ever I'm not only going to be homeless, but homeless with 3 kids! Its this kind of daunting responsibility I've been hiding from! Cold feet maybe? Well I'm still prepared to go through with it all, and I am looking forward to it, so why does it break my heart when i think about everything I'm giving up?
You will be fine but it does get scary when kids are involved doesn't it?
Just concentrate on enjoying Chrismas and there is nothing wrong with acting like a 17 year old
Nicky
Old Dec 24th 2005, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

shorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud of

Hi,

I sold my house on Tuesday and I am excited . I had a few :scared: thoughts about getting to Oz with no house or job (We only have one son).

I think it depends how much money you are going with. If we were taking £10K I would be petrified, but we have a good sum of money to take so no worries.

Hope everything goes well.

Shorty
Old Dec 24th 2005, 8:59 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel for you..the way you see things at the moment..

You are not 'giving' things 'up', but rather moving forward....
.....maybe at rather a fast pace for you at the moment, but nevertheless it has to be accepted as something which has to happen.

You have been through so much to get here - embrace what you have achieved...stare your present feelings and doubts straight back in the face and think WOW - I've nearly made it !!
Old Dec 24th 2005, 9:14 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shorty2south australia
Hi,

I sold my house on Tuesday and I am excited . I had a few :scared: thoughts about getting to Oz with no house or job (We only have one son).

I think it depends how much money you are going with. If we were taking £10K I would be petrified, but we have a good sum of money to take so no worries.

Hope everything goes well.

Shorty
For some strange reason, the thought of no longer having a mortgage scares me a little. Its a lovely idea being debt free, but we a 5 years into our mortgage and its comforting knowing that in 20 years the house will be mine. We will probably buy in a couple of years in oz but being debt free in the interim actually worries me a bit. Odd I know, but I think its a security thing.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 9:41 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Stop bladdy whingeing woman and just get on with it
Old Dec 24th 2005, 10:00 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Yeh I'm with you. It's kinda all 'too real' when the time gets closer! With the kids too you have to be a responsible adult and make sure they're all ok and looked after. All the responsibility is scary! Its okay though..you're not alone...
Old Dec 24th 2005, 10:07 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Stop bladdy whingeing woman and just get on with it
I'm with you on that one.

Jeez, stop bloody looking at your inner feelings and memories and all that crap.

GET ON WITH IT WOMAN!

Either you want to move or you don't. Decide.

Then go with it. No looking back.

Or not.

As the case may be

ADL
Old Dec 24th 2005, 10:15 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

I'm not sure how much funds we will have when we sell our property, it won't be a lot, but after reading and reading about how much people on this forum are taking and how they'll be debt free,(we'll be debt free, but far and I mean far from rolling in it), I am SERIOUSLY changing my mind about the whole thing.

It seems to me the more about finances I read on this forum you need one hell of a wad of cash to go, so I don't know if I will take the risk now.

I don't begrudge what people have, but to be honest I am sick reading about it on here, it makes me feel sick (in a nervous, I don't have enough funds to go, way).

Think I'll do a Bix and retire
Old Dec 24th 2005, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A dogs life
I'm with you on that one.

Jeez, stop bloody looking at your inner feelings and memories and all that crap.

GET ON WITH IT WOMAN!

Either you want to move or you don't. Decide.

Then go with it. No looking back.

Or not.

As the case may be

ADL
Right, I'll get xmas over and done with then crack on with it! Off to asda to get me veg and herbs for tomorrow! Merry christmas!

Margaret with you on the money side of things. We've had to reduce house price, therefore equity after paying off loans etc is very little! I think thats the scariest thing of all!
Old Dec 24th 2005, 12:55 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

What you women need is a good seeing to, a good kip, a wholesome brekky and
the different view a new day brings

(to be repeated regularly )
Old Dec 24th 2005, 1:01 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret2
I'm not sure how much funds we will have when we sell our property, it won't be a lot, but after reading and reading about how much people on this forum are taking and how they'll be debt free,(we'll be debt free, but far and I mean far from rolling in it), I am SERIOUSLY changing my mind about the whole thing.

It seems to me the more about finances I read on this forum you need one hell of a wad of cash to go, so I don't know if I will take the risk now.

I don't begrudge what people have, but to be honest I am sick reading about it on here, it makes me feel sick (in a nervous, I don't have enough funds to go, way).

Think I'll do a Bix and retire
Don't assume everyone has wads of cash to come over with. Not true. As in all walks of life there are those with stacks, those with some and those with bugger all. Plenty have come out with diddly squat and made it work, you just have to want it bad enough.

Also it is all relative, everyone could do with a bit more

Have to agree with Glitta although it didn't scare me so much whilst in the UK but when we agreed to buy this house. Suddenly it was OMG WTF are we doing, we have two children to look after and we are doing this mad thing. Assume it will wear off in a couple of years
Old Dec 24th 2005, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=glittababe]Ok, I'm a fairly responsible person, I have a responsible job, but part of me still acts like a 17 yr old! I think this is why the enormity of what is happening has only just hit me! I have been in denial about selling the house and emigrating for what seems like a lifetime! Yes i've shown people around the house, whinged like mad about them....but I've never really 'thought' about actually selling it properly.

By nature most of us are frightened by the unknown... but go for it...unless you try it you'll never know....Merry Christmas and here's to your future...cheers
Old Dec 24th 2005, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=TruBrit]
Ok, I'm a fairly responsible person, I have a responsible job, but part of me still acts like a 17 yr old! I think this is why the enormity of what is happening has only just hit me! I have been in denial about selling the house and emigrating for what seems like a lifetime! Yes i've shown people around the house, whinged like mad about them....but I've never really 'thought' about actually selling it properly.

By nature most of us are frightened by the unknown... but go for it...unless you try it you'll never know....Merry Christmas and here's to your future...cheers
Thank's everone for all the supportive comments (except soapy who needs a good kick in.......just wait for it mate cos I'll be there soon!) Happy Christmas! I've just got me meat and veg and I'm now chilling out listening to my Frank Sinatra CD! Loving those tones X
Old Dec 24th 2005, 2:30 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Right, I'll get xmas over and done with then crack on with it! Off to asda to get me veg and herbs for tomorrow! Merry christmas!

Margaret with you on the money side of things. We've had to reduce house price, therefore equity after paying off loans etc is very little! I think thats the scariest thing of all!
With you guys on not having a lot of dosh. When we sell we'll be able to clear debts here. Will manage minimum house deposit and I mean minimum then it's down to some hard graft. Will have to work frojm day one just like we do here. But at least it'll be a different experience and I won't look back on my life and say what if. You've got to try...life's too short.

Cheers

Ginny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.