Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I hate house selling

I hate house selling

Old Jun 18th 2007, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all
Angry I hate house selling

and I hate estate agents and solicitors and local council arghhhhhhhhhh!!:curse:
Sorry for the rant but I booked the shippers and cancelled direct debits, cut off phone and ended utility bills etc all starting Saturday as we are completing Friday! My solicitor rings today, apparently we aren't completing Friday! My solicitors still waiting for proof of payment from council, council staff have better things to do than send it, been waiting 4 weeks and dozens of calls, buyers solicitor says even if it comes this week now don't want to complete til a week on Fri Finally lost my rag, if you don't complete I'm pulling out and renting the house out!!!! :curse:
Who's stupid idea was it to sell the house and go to Australia anyway Oh I forgot it would've been mine
Old Jun 18th 2007, 2:48 pm
skye

Default Re: I hate house selling

Originally Posted by sals
and I hate estate agents and solicitors and local council arghhhhhhhhhh!!:curse:
Sorry for the rant but I booked the shippers and cancelled direct debits, cut off phone and ended utility bills etc all starting Saturday as we are completing Friday! My solicitor rings today, apparently we aren't completing Friday! My solicitors still waiting for proof of payment from council, council staff have better things to do than send it, been waiting 4 weeks and dozens of calls, buyers solicitor says even if it comes this week now don't want to complete til a week on Fri Finally lost my rag, if you don't complete I'm pulling out and renting the house out!!!! :curse:
Who's stupid idea was it to sell the house and go to Australia anyway Oh I forgot it would've been mine
ahhh Sals - calm down and have a glass of wine!!!! - at least you have sold!!!!! It will all work out- you know it will! 2 weeks today we will be in an airport at Heathrow and still no visa!!!!!

Old Jun 18th 2007, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by skye
ahhh Sals - calm down and have a glass of wine!!!! - at least you have sold!!!!! It will all work out- you know it will! 2 weeks today we will be in an airport at Heathrow and still no visa!!!!!
would love a glass of wine but unfortunately I'm at work ! think it's a sackable offence to drink on duty! actually that would be better than having to serve my notice lol I wish I was going in 2 weeks visa or not
I feel like everyone's p****d with me today, nothing's going to plan and I'm a control freak, so that makes me stressed cos it's all out of my control. I've taken rest of week off so that might help and I've put in my application for my career break lol not that I plan to return but might as well keep them guessing for a year or 2 lol
Old Jun 18th 2007, 4:40 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

.....makes me stressed cos it's all out of my control. .....
That's the hardest part of all this migration business, so much is out of our control and thats really hard to deal with when you're used to being in the driving seat.

Hope you get the career break, that's a great safety blaket, even if you don't need it.

Gill
Old Jun 18th 2007, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by herrchook
That's the hardest part of all this migration business, so much is out of our control and thats really hard to deal with when you're used to being in the driving seat.

Hope you get the career break, that's a great safety blaket, even if you don't need it.

Gill
Thanks for that. Been told it will only be for 12 months but should be granted. Is definitely a safety net just in case. Will only have to worry about affording to come home and no where to live lol.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

jules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud of

Hi Sals, I know what you mean about the control thing. I used to say all the time to my oh that I couldn't handle the fact that a bloke on the other side of the world was going to decide my future for me and all I knew about him was his name and region

I'm starting to panic a bit now as although we've booked the flights there has been no interest in our house and if it doesn't sell things are going to be really tight for us. You'll just have to trust that things will come together.

I have to agree though councils, ea, solicitors etc are all alike. I just think they are all jealous as we are off to live a better life (hopefully), yet they'll still be here making other unfortunate people miserable

Try not to get too stressed,

Jules x
Old Jun 18th 2007, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

brickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nice

Hi Sals

I so feel the same today. We have a buyer for our house, it's supposed to be a simple sale, no change, no problem, yet every weeks the BLOODY solicitor comes back with a new enquiry. We were aiming to exchange end of May and Oh surprise it is now June 18th and no exchange has taken place. The Estate Agent phoned today, with just one more question, well I let him have it, and you guessed it threatened to put the house back on the market, if the buyers didn't pull their finger out. I just didn't care.

Anyway the Estate agent spoke to the buyers, who are apparently still very keen, and asked them to put a little pressure on their solicitors, he decided not to mention my threats.

I am still unable to calm down, and even though I wasn't going to, would you join me in a glass of wine to calm us both down.

Tina
Old Jun 18th 2007, 9:36 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brickies wife
Hi Sals

I so feel the same today. We have a buyer for our house, it's supposed to be a simple sale, no change, no problem, yet every weeks the BLOODY solicitor comes back with a new enquiry. We were aiming to exchange end of May and Oh surprise it is now June 18th and no exchange has taken place. The Estate Agent phoned today, with just one more question, well I let him have it, and you guessed it threatened to put the house back on the market, if the buyers didn't pull their finger out. I just didn't care.

Anyway the Estate agent spoke to the buyers, who are apparently still very keen, and asked them to put a little pressure on their solicitors, he decided not to mention my threats.

I am still unable to calm down, and even though I wasn't going to, would you join me in a glass of wine to calm us both down.

Tina
yes I'll have a glass or six with you
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

brickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nice

Thanks Asher,

Had one glass, and fell asleep, not feeling quite so angry this morning. Mind you it's still early.

Have a good day

Tina
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:30 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I think selling your home and timing things right before the big move, has to be the hardest part of emigrating.
All the above happened to me. Thankfully things worked out. I am glad to say that buying a house in Aus has to be so much easier. I saw a house, made an offer, moved in 4 weeks later in OZ. Solicitors in UK are useless. Shame on them.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's so glad to know I'm not the only one stressed and having a nightmare with my house sale. I still don't know what's happening and my solicitors still pushing for completion on Friday but not heard anything more so I'm guessing it's not happening
Shippers still coming Thursday too late to change dates, will just move in with the folks and leave the house empty til they get their act together I suppose at least that means I've longer to throw out the tatt that I'm not taking and clean the house rather than running round Friday afternoon like a mental idiot
I feel a little less stressed today, it's amazing what alcohol can do for one
cheers to everyone going through the same and have a drink or two on me
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:44 pm
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Apparantly in Oz they have 30 days to complete the paperwork on a house sale!!! 30 days!!!

We are lucky if it completes in 30 weeks never mind 30 days!

Am in the same boat as you, waiting for the 'golden' exchange date, I have bitten my nails and am now starting on my knuckles!