Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I got pecked by a Magpie

I got pecked by a Magpie

Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default I got pecked by a Magpie

I got pecked twice last weekend within 10 seconds.

I can't believe how vicious those birds can be. BEWARE of your heads and your little ones heads.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:28 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I got pecked by a Magpie

Originally Posted by Luma

I can't believe how vicious those birds can be. BEWARE of your heads and your little ones heads.
I've never been unfortunate enough to be pecked...but I've heard that they hurt!

Seems as though this is by far the worst time of year while nesting..

Two tips I've been told....stare them out if you get the chance...and for kids, you can buy hats which have 'eyes' on the back.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:38 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
I've never been unfortunate enough to be pecked...but I've heard that they hurt!

Seems as though this is by far the worst time of year while nesting..

Two tips I've been told....stare them out if you get the chance...and for kids, you can buy hats which have 'eyes' on the back.
And take a small stick to wave above your head.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:50 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

I was clipped around the ear by one the other day. Yet we have a lovely friendly little chap (and his mate) that comes in the house for his daily feed of bacon or quiche. The kids hand feed him.

I have had to take an alternative route when cycling to work though.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:33 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

My son was swooped, pecked and clawed by some vicous magpie the other weekend. He was very upset at the time, it was really painful, the welt that came up was bad, but seemed to quite brave......then we went back to the same park, and he got swooped in a different area by two birds within 50 metres of the car.........That was the end of that cycle ride.

Apparently you can contact the ranger if they are particularly aggressive, and he/she will come and 'deal' with them.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Whereabouts was that?
Old Oct 9th 2006, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Two tips I've been told....stare them out if you get the chance...and for kids, you can buy hats which have 'eyes' on the back.[/QUOTE]

I always thought that you should look away from them...............to protect your eyes???????
Old Oct 9th 2006, 9:19 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sj oldfield

I always thought that you should look away from them...............to protect your eyes??????? [/QUOTE]

I heard that they don't like being stared at...if you turn away...they are more likely to attack ......the kids hats have 'eyes' at the back - so they won't attack the back of the kids head ...
Old Oct 9th 2006, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Salata Reserve, Duncraig. We didn't even make it to the playground we just turned and ran away.

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Whereabouts was that?
Old Oct 9th 2006, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Salata Reserve, Duncraig. We didn't even make it to the playground we just turned and ran away.

Well I shall avoid that place!!
Old Oct 9th 2006, 10:08 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

watergun
Old Oct 9th 2006, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
watergun
Hairspray and lighter.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 11:31 am
Account Closed

sassycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by john_w
Hairspray and lighter.
Bloody hell - wouldn't want to upset you :scared:
Old Oct 9th 2006, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

I got swooped a couple of years ago - I was soooooo scared. When I stared at the thing it stayed where it was but the minute I turned away it had the back of my head. Scary I can tell you
Old Oct 9th 2006, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

sassycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ohippy
I got swooped a couple of years ago - I was soooooo scared. When I stared at the thing it stayed where it was but the minute I turned away it had the back of my head. Scary I can tell you
LMAO You have no idea how this image looks in my head :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.