Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I AM SO UPSET! Daughter hit in face with rock as it goes through car window.

I AM SO UPSET! Daughter hit in face with rock as it goes through car window.

Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I AM SO UPSET! Daughter hit in face with rock as it goes through car window.

Great to hear that you had an outcome that you were happy with!

I have always had my doubts about restorative practices because so often they are tried with perpetrators who are downright amoral. Sounds like this young man and his family at least had a conscience!

I dont know what is happening - rock throwing seems all the rage these days and it certainly does give you a chill if you happen to be driving under a bridge where people are walking.

Hope your daughter is OK now too!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:37 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I AM SO UPSET! Daughter hit in face with rock as it goes through car window.

Glad that you and your daughter have been able to move forward in your lives following this terrible assault.
I am particularly impressed with the Aus way of dealing with the whole sorry story.
From what you have written, it appears the the boy is truly sorry for his actions and if the consequences of that have turned his life around for the better then I don't think that you can ask for any more than that... At least you can be safe in the knowledge that he has stopped drinking and doing stupid, dangerous things.
I think that you are credit to society and have my full respect for being able to find it in yourself to forgive him for his actions....
Respect you Tracey!

Ali x
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzy dog
Apparently the police 'implied' that it was the first offence and therefore they would just be given a warning!!!!!!!! They also told my daughter to 'take a picture of her face' 'incase' it went to court. Surely this is something they should have done!!!!
How ridiculous

Something like shop lifting OK, get off for a first offence

BUT to actually harm somebody, and with the intent to do it.... out of order

:curse:
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UPDATE - I AM SO UPSET! Daughter hit in face with rock

Hi All,

Wanted to give an update with regards to the assault on my daughter for those who are interested.
Ah, OK, hadnt realised this was an "old" thread

Glad that something was done and that you can move on
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:42 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey

Have to say I admire the way your family have handled this, not that you are probably asking for that.

I am a great believer in a child having to face the consequences of their actions and face the other people who they have injured in someway.

Sounds like this has been a wake up call for the other family in what they son is up to while out and about which can only be a good thing.

Hope your daughter is feeling ok after her ordeal it can be quite something to feel confident again I hope she can.

Best wishes

kaye
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:36 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so glad to read that you've had some "closure" (sorry, I hate that word but it seems appropriate here). I hope your daughter's face has healed up well.

Gill
Old Nov 30th 2007, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
I'm so glad to read that you've had some "closure" (sorry, I hate that word but it seems appropriate here). I hope your daughter's face has healed up well.

Gill
Thank you for the 'update'. It sounds like it certainly was an experience. Good on ya for for persuing it. x
Old Nov 30th 2007, 6:27 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

Don't be so quick to bag the police (though I appreciate we are easy targets and it seems to be fashionable these days.)

Police can only work with the tools they have been given to deal with certain problems. As with the UK the system is soft on juveniles here, the vast majority of police officers are not happy with this, as we see things like what has been described here happening, and the victims being let down by the system. Its frustrating for the police, and understandably upsetting for victims. However its not the police who makes the systems, but unfortunately we seem to get blamed for their inadequacies.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Baz
Don't be so quick to bag the police (though I appreciate we are easy targets and it seems to be fashionable these days.)

Police can only work with the tools they have been given to deal with certain problems. As with the UK the system is soft on juveniles here, the vast majority of police officers are not happy with this, as we see things like what has been described here happening, and the victims being let down by the system. Its frustrating for the police, and understandably upsetting for victims. However its not the police who makes the systems, but unfortunately we seem to get blamed for their inadequacies.
Hi Baz,

Thanks for your comment, I would like to add that as my daughter is actually taking Legal Studies as a subject to teach at uni and was well aware of the limitations of the law, she is actually quite surprised at how far the police were able to get with these offences knowing the lads age at the time.

In addition to this I do not believe he is walking away from this with any feeling that the system has gone easy on him, he has been made to feel very accountable for his actions. I believe it was the skill of the officer dealing with this case that has bought this about - so no cop bashing from me

Tracey
Old Nov 30th 2007, 8:58 pm
Marvin for PM

Whitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really nice

A Great post Tracey and so typical of you
I miss our coffee meetings and take this opportunity of saying hi and well done with your outcome.
I hope to see you very soon for coffee with you and the girls
Angie xxx
Old Nov 30th 2007, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

dolliedimples has a spectacular aura aboutdolliedimples has a spectacular aura aboutdolliedimples has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dave99
If the police wont do anything and you know who it was, get a bat from a sports store and go and deal with him yourself. Thats what I would do
I agree..im not a violent person..but why the hell should these s****s getta way with things..1st time offence so let them off with a caution..wheres the deterent in that????????
Maybe the police dont know what to do...as an employee of QLD Health authority..it has become mandatory training that all staff attend and pass an ABM(aggressive behavioural management) course due to the increased number of violent and psychotic patients attacking staff and the association with the increased use of the drug 'ice'...very frightenening isnt it?
Old Nov 30th 2007, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

dolliedimples has a spectacular aura aboutdolliedimples has a spectacular aura aboutdolliedimples has a spectacular aura about

Hi just wanted to share this will you all, I'm so upset. My daughter was on her way home from work late last night, she's at uni and works part time at the Old Court House restaurant Cleveland (QLD).

Her and a friend were being given a lift by a nice chap, when they decided to go to Pizza Hut Cleveland at Ross Court. They parked up, ordered their Pizza, sat in the car quietly waiting. They noticed a group of young people (off their heads as my daughter put it). They made a point of not starring etc. Got their Pizza and drove out of Ross Court.

As they made there way out onto the dual carriage way the group ran out and one of them threw a rock - which went through the back car window - where my daughter was sitting - hitting her on the side of her face!!!!! Apparently sending glass everywhere!!!!!

The young chap driving stopped and asked them what they thought they were doing - they then started shouted abuse and tried to grab him threw his car window - he drove away and pulled up round a corner.

They called the police, my daughters friend was able to ID the young person who actually threw the rock - which they have kept.

Now thankfully my daughter is OK'ish, she only has a graze on the side of her face - but I feel sick to the pit of my stomach!!!!!!!!!:curse: I think that the adrenalin has kept her going, or at least it stopped her getting upset last night.

The police don't think there is much they can do and she has been given the WPC's card. I am so BL**DY MAD:curse::curse::curse:

Sorry for long thread I didn't sleep all night and feel so upset.

Tracey
Huge hug n love to your daughter....thankfully shes ok..
What ****** pussy footin police that they are...would it be the same if it was their daughter that had been attacked???....hhmmm, reckon not!!!