Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I AM SO UPSET! Daughter hit in face with rock as it goes through car window.

I AM SO UPSET! Daughter hit in face with rock as it goes through car window.

Old Sep 7th 2007, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light
Default I AM SO UPSET! Daughter hit in face with rock as it goes through car window.

Hi just wanted to share this will you all, I'm so upset. My daughter was on her way home from work late last night, she's at uni and works part time at the Old Court House restaurant Cleveland (QLD).

Her and a friend were being given a lift by a nice chap, when they decided to go to Pizza Hut Cleveland at Ross Court. They parked up, ordered their Pizza, sat in the car quietly waiting. They noticed a group of young people (off their heads as my daughter put it). They made a point of not starring etc. Got their Pizza and drove out of Ross Court.

As they made there way out onto the dual carriage way the group ran out and one of them threw a rock - which went through the back car window - where my daughter was sitting - hitting her on the side of her face!!!!! Apparently sending glass everywhere!!!!!

The young chap driving stopped and asked them what they thought they were doing - they then started shouted abuse and tried to grab him threw his car window - he drove away and pulled up round a corner.

They called the police, my daughters friend was able to ID the young person who actually threw the rock - which they have kept.

Now thankfully my daughter is OK'ish, she only has a graze on the side of her face - but I feel sick to the pit of my stomach!!!!!!!!!:curse: I think that the adrenalin has kept her going, or at least it stopped her getting upset last night.

The police don't think there is much they can do and she has been given the WPC's card. I am so BL**DY MAD:curse::curse::curse:

Sorry for long thread I didn't sleep all night and feel so upset.

Tracey
Old Sep 7th 2007, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I AM SO UPSET! Daughter hit in face with rock as it goes through car window.

Originally Posted by Ozzy dog
Hi just wanted to share this will you all, I'm so upset. My daughter was on her way home from work late last night, she's at uni and works part time at the Old Court House restaurant Cleveland (QLD).

Her and a friend were being given a lift by a nice chap, when they decided to go to Pizza Hut Cleveland at Ross Court. They parked up, ordered their Pizza, sat in the car quietly waiting. They noticed a group of young people (off their heads as my daughter put it). They made a point of not starring etc. Got their Pizza and drove out of Ross Court.

As they made there way out onto the dual carriage way the group ran out and one of them threw a rock - which went through the back car window - where my daughter was sitting - hitting her on the side of her face!!!!! Apparently sending glass everywhere!!!!!

The young chap driving stopped and asked them what they thought they were doing - they then started shouted abuse and tried to grab him threw his car window - he drove away and pulled up round a corner.

They called the police, my daughters friend was able to ID the young person who actually threw the rock - which they have kept.

Now thankfully my daughter is OK'ish, she only has a graze on the side of her face - but I feel sick to the pit of my stomach!!!!!!!!!:curse: I think that the adrenalin has kept her going, or at least it stopped her getting upset last night.

The police don't think there is much they can do and she has been given the WPC's card. I am so BL**DY MAD:curse::curse::curse:

Tracey
Oh tracey, i can imagine you not sleeping. if the kid was ideed how come the police cant do anything? or is it that they havent matched the id??
Old Sep 7th 2007, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I AM SO UPSET! Daughter hit in face with rock as it goes through car window.

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Oh tracey, i can imagine you not sleeping. if the kid was ideed how come the police cant do anything? or is it that they havent matched the id??
Apparently the police 'implied' that it was the first offence and therefore they would just be given a warning!!!!!!!! They also told my daughter to 'take a picture of her face' 'incase' it went to court. Surely this is something they should have done!!!!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently the police 'implied' that it was the first offence and therefore they would just be given a warning!!!!!!!! They also told my daughter to 'take a picture of her face' 'incase' it went to court. Surely this is something they should have done!!!!
I dont think they do take photos.. but i would take their advice and take the photos as a precaution anyway. how is your daughter feeling this morning?
Old Sep 8th 2007, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
I dont think they do take photos.. but i would take their advice and take the photos as a precaution anyway. how is your daughter feeling this morning?
Photo taken last night, she's feeling very good this morning - thanks for asking, will have to tend to her face to stop it scarring, other than that she's doing much better than her mum - I'm still pretty churned!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 12:35 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that. Happened just up the road from here in Kiama the other week. Poor girl is permanently brain damaged ... but at least it looks like the bloke that threw the rock is going to be spending a considerable length of time in the nick.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 12:40 am
Account Closed

MaggieM is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think I would accept that. I'd be contacting police again, if they don't do anything about this, is this "youth" ever going to get past this "first" offence, or can he do this every weekend?:curse:

I hope your daughter is okay, and that her face heals.

I can understand your anger and frustration, your daughter is at uni, she's working part time on top of studying, and gets this done to her just because she went to the wrong pizza shop.

I'm appalled at the police reaction. I'd be spitting tacks if this happened to my daughter.:curse:

Maggie
Old Sep 8th 2007, 12:55 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Sorry to hear that. Happened just up the road from here in Kiama the other week. Poor girl is permanently brain damaged ... but at least it looks like the bloke that threw the rock is going to be spending a considerable length of time in the nick.
So given that logic, the police pursue the case based on severity of injury rather than the criminal act committed!

If Tracy's poor daughter was now lying in hospital the police would be down on this guy like a ton of bricks, but because she's not they can't even be arsed taking the scum to court!

Bloody ridiculous...!!!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:00 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Tracey
Sorry to hear that, you must be frantic. As for the scarring, get yourself down to a Body Shop and ask them for the pure Vit E product they sell. Once the scabbing has gone get her to apply the oil sparingly and this will help.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:39 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Tracey
That is just awful Tracey................

.(((((((((((((((hugs for you and your daughter )))))))))))))))
Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to ramble on cause we have had to put put our experience with our son to bed as it just eats away at you (and was making me ill), but I still have panic attacks that something could happen to my children when they are out and worry endlessly about them. We look after them, nurture them and keep them safe and then some a*~hole who desn't give a s*#t comes along and through a thoughtless act can take it all away showing no remorse. It makes my blood boil:curse: I sincerely hope you can all get over this and hope your daughter isn't left with any emotional scars.
S xx
Old Sep 8th 2007, 2:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

((((((hugs)))))) from me too.

It can happen anywhere...wrong place, wrong time etc.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Tracey
The police seems to be just as bad as the police back home, first offence, do nothing just warning.
you are so lucky that its only graze she's got on her face, god forbid it could have been a lot worse.
What NB suggested about using vitamine E cream to prevent scare, you could also try lavender oil, that also will prevent scaring too.
Hope she's better this morning.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Streaks
I don't want to ramble on cause we have had to put put our experience with our son to bed as it just eats away at you (and was making me ill), but I still have panic attacks that something could happen to my children when they are out and worry endlessly about them. We look after them, nurture them and keep them safe and then some a*~hole who desn't give a s*#t comes along and through a thoughtless act can take it all away showing no remorse. It makes my blood boil:curse: I sincerely hope you can all get over this and hope your daughter isn't left with any emotional scars.
S xx
Unfortunately it can happen to us too........ not just our children!!!

As you all know our close friends were just going home as per normal along the Mitchell Freeway two weeks ago.............. totally innocent victims who happened to be in the wrong place..........at the wrong time.

Two hoons were 'allegedly' racing each other......... we buried our friends last Wednesday ............... the other two drivers were relatively unscathed! :curse::curse:

Doesn't seem fair?
Old Sep 8th 2007, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

If the police wont do anything and you know who it was, get a bat from a sports store and go and deal with him yourself. Thats what I would do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.