Wikiposts

husband in hospital

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 12:36 am
sunseekers

sunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to all
Default husband in hospital

Hi everyone I'm just need to have a moan, my husband was rushed into hospital Monday with suspected meningitis but it turns out there is a bacteria in him that is attacking his immune system, kidneys, liver and his lungs and the cause is contaminated meat (chicken) that he has handled at work some juices from a chicken had got into his eye (its not bird flu) and within hours he started to become ill so bad that he couldn't move or walk and has a huge rash all over. He is a butcher and is at high risk but please be warned to be extra careful at home as i wouldn't wish this on anyone. He has been getting worse each day I'm finding it really hard to deal with we only had our medicals two weeks ago (thankfully we passed) and were getting so close to getting our visa I guess I just hope he recovers well enough to still go as its his dream to move there. Ive got to go back to the hospital now but will update on his condition, any thoughtful replies/karma very much welcome.
Tina x
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: husband in hospital

Very sorry to hear about your husband Sending you best wishes for a very speedy recovery!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunseekers
Hi everyone I'm just need to have a moan, my husband was rushed into hospital Monday with suspected meningitis but it turns out there is a bacteria in him that is attacking his immune system, kidneys, liver and his lungs and the cause is contaminated meat (chicken) that he has handled at work some juices from a chicken had got into his eye (its not bird flu) and within hours he started to become ill so bad that he couldn't move or walk and has a huge rash all over. He is a butcher and is at high risk but please be warned to be extra careful at home as i wouldn't wish this on anyone. He has been getting worse each day I'm finding it really hard to deal with we only had our medicals two weeks ago (thankfully we passed) and were getting so close to getting our visa I guess I just hope he recovers well enough to still go as its his dream to move there. Ive got to go back to the hospital now but will update on his condition, any thoughtful replies/karma very much welcome.
Tina x
OMG Chicken juice in the eye :scared:

This sounds shocking. Have you tried selling your story to any of the tabloids, they usually like a scaremongering story like this.

I hope you husband gets better but think of the extra ££££s you could convert to $$$$s
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 12:43 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

ahhh no best wishes and speedy recovery
regards
vb2
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 12:51 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

How worrying!

I'm hope he gets well soon!

Soothing karma heading your way, sod the move to Oz for now, it will still all be there later, just concentrate on hubby (as i'm sure you are)
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 12:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hope he gets better soon.

Wendy
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 12:53 am
Scottish and a Mum

Scottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant future

Scary stuff! Hope he gets better soon.

C xxx
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 12:56 am
Living & Loving in Perth

hoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to behold

Really sorry to hear about your husband, hope he gets better soon.

Hoops (mrs)
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Gee that's awful. So sorry.

Hope he gets better soon.

My dad always says "light a candle" - that can help.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:01 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

OMG

Wishing him a speedy recovery!!

Take care of yourself too!!
Kris xx
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, also wishing your hubbie a swift recovery. Chicken juices can do this??

OzTennis
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Yes, also wishing your hubbie a swift recovery. Chicken juices can do this??

OzTennis
Yo shouldn't have asked that question, someone will google it and go into great detail about the why's and wherefores etc.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
Yo shouldn't have asked that question, someone will google it and go into great detail about the why's and wherefores etc.
Funny you should say that but I was reading an article on the common cold and it said the main way it is transmitted is by people having the virus on their hands and then rubbing their eyes (actually true, in The Times at the weekend). Now, I'm about to do a Google on this and the thought occurs that someone like Arkon would say this happens a lot in his experience or where he moved to in Oz but it doesn't back in Albion. (just a bit of humour as medicine for OP)

OzTennis
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Funny you should say that but I was reading an article on the common cold and it said the main way it is transmitted is by people having the virus on their hands and then rubbing their eyes (actually true, in The Times at the weekend). Now, I'm about to do a Google on this and the thought occurs that someone like Arkon would say this happens a lot in his experience or where he moved to in Oz but it doesn't back in Albion. (just a bit of humour as medicine for OP)

OzTennis

Yes I can see arkon posting something like that too, hehe
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:27 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunseekers
Tina x
Tina, that sounds awful, I really hope he makes a full recovery. My Dad is a newly retired butcher and he's never heard of it before :scared:

Just a thought, I noticed a thread on the immigration forum this morning regarding medical problems and George Lombard had replied mentioning that it's possible that DIMA could be reading posts on this site and that we should be careful about posting about some medical matters...here's the link....http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=356572

I really really hope your husband gets better quickly. Australia will be all the sweeter for you having gone through all this

Last edited by herrchook; Feb 22nd 2006 at 1:32 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.