How would you feel?

Old Jul 19th 2006, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy How would you feel?

this may sound that I'm feeling sorry for myself - but I suppose I am:

okay here goes:
say you have a fairly large family - lots of nieces and nephews who you don't get to see very often as your family doesn't do many family things together and then you get an email asking you (all the family) to a day out THE WEEK AFTER YOU LEAVE FOR AUSTRALIA - do I feel gutted or what - peeed off as well as my family can't even be bothered to all go to the beach for a day out when I tried to organise one last year.

They are all off to Ascot for a family day at the races - bloody families.

Telll me I'm not the only one who feels like this.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 10:36 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How would you feel?

Originally Posted by DebraH

okay here goes:
say you have a fairly large family - lots of nieces and nephews who you don't get to see very often as your family doesn't do many family things together and then you get an email asking you (all the family) to a day out THE WEEK AFTER YOU LEAVE FOR AUSTRALIA - do I feel gutted or what - peeed off as well as my family can't even be bothered to all go to the beach for a day out when I tried to organise one last year.

you arent the only one who feels llike this.

far from it ...
but i wouldnt take it as a snipe on you - id email everyone and ask if they could bring it forward as you are leaving the week before, hinting that it would be nice to see everyone prior to going.
THEN if they wont, take it personally and thank them sarcastically for their love and support and tell em to sod off!

hope it all works out for you.

sue x
Old Jul 19th 2006, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
you arent the only one who feels llike this.

far from it ...
but i wouldnt take it as a snipe on you - id email everyone and ask if they could bring it forward as you are leaving the week before, hinting that it would be nice to see everyone prior to going.
THEN if they wont, take it personally and thank them sarcastically for their love and support and tell em to sod off!

hope it all works out for you.

sue x
i'm just having one of those days
they can't move it cos the family days are set days I think at the races - and besides they are all going on off hols in august.
i'll just have to make do with the leaving party
Old Jul 19th 2006, 12:25 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the fact that you are leaving has made them realise that 'family' should mean more and they want to make an effort to see each other more.

*sounds good anyway*

I wouldn't take it as an offence to you, just plan a great party and send nasty emails to those that make excuses about not coming!

Sending some K to you
Old Jul 19th 2006, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
Maybe the fact that you are leaving has made them realise that 'family' should mean more and they want to make an effort to see each other more.

*sounds good anyway*

I wouldn't take it as an offence to you, just plan a great party and send nasty emails to those that make excuses about not coming!

Sending some K to you
cheers
you could be right about them realising about the family and how much it means
i think half of it is - is that they just don't think
Old Jul 19th 2006, 1:10 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

okay here goes:

You're not the only one. I always "did" christmas for 14. Because I wasn't there to do it last year - no one did anything, they all went their separate ways and then moaned that no one organised anything
Old Jul 19th 2006, 1:19 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear that Deb.......I like Sue's idea - it would make them think at least.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

remmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really nice

This peed me off too.

I too have a big un (family!) and it seems since we came to Oz they're all getting married, having babies, adopting babies, big birthday parties you name it!

I said to them you waited for us to buggar off didn't you cos it's all happening now!

Honestly, it was like pulling teeth to get everyone together for a night out etc. when we were there. So yes, I did take it personally, at first.

Now I realise it's just time and their age. It was bound to happen and us coming out here is our choice and we are missing stuff that would have happened anyway in the time frame. So it's our loss!!

Have a fab leaving do and give them the guilt trip about their day out! You know the thing, ooh we would have loved to go to Ascot, never mind don't worry about me........

okay here goes:

Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by remmie1
This peed me off too.

I too have a big un (family!) and it seems since we came to Oz they're all getting married, having babies, adopting babies, big birthday parties you name it!

I said to them you waited for us to buggar off didn't you cos it's all happening now!

Honestly, it was like pulling teeth to get everyone together for a night out etc. when we were there. So yes, I did take it personally, at first.

Now I realise it's just time and their age. It was bound to happen and us coming out here is our choice and we are missing stuff that would have happened anyway in the time frame. So it's our loss!!

Have a fab leaving do and give them the guilt trip about their day out! You know the thing, ooh we would have loved to go to Ascot, never mind don't worry about me........
yeah I'm gonna lay it on really thick......
....but it would be like water off a ducks ar*e to them

oh well - i'll be in australia starting my new life and I wonder how long it wil be before they suddenly want to come out for hols (god I could be so cruel if i wanted to - but that's not me )
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

yeah I'm gonna lay it on really thick......
....but it would be like water off a ducks ar*e to them

oh well - i'll be in australia starting my new life and I wonder how long it wil be before they suddenly want to come out for hols (god I could be so cruel if i wanted to - but that's not me )

I know it makes you feel awful not being included in their day out.
But just think of all the nice days out you can have in oz. some of it may be plain jelousy. on your families part.
Mandy
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
I know it makes you feel awful not being included in their day out.
But just think of all the nice days out you can have in oz. some of it may be plain jelousy. on your families part.
Mandy
I konw Mandy, earlier I was feeling a bit sorry for myself but I've got over that now - they just wind me up so much - all my family live fairly close to each other - we live 30 mins away and get left out of just about everything that they do - days out or get togethers - they have done it loads of times. and I like said earlier they just don't think for some reason or other.

anyway I'll be Oz soon - I'm actually getting quite excited about it now, but found out today that OH isn't on the same flight as me and the boys - still trying to get that one sorted - i'll let you know about that
Old Jul 20th 2006, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

i just went back to the UK after 6 months here...

2 weeks after i gave my dad the dates, he booked a holiday for himself and his dodgy russian wife in italy for exactly the same time i was in UK,

then step sister (who had been complaining that she hadn't seen me for 6 months) booked flights to lanzarote 5 days before I left.

but it's ok because it was MY fault for coming back when THEY wanted to go on holiday!!

my old work organised shift cover for all the regulars and had a huge company night out for me coming back to visit, and the MD put a couple of hundred £££ in drinks kitty... says it all really!!!!!

families..... bah humbug!