Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How many 'guest rooms' do you have?

Wikiposts

How many 'guest rooms' do you have?

Old Aug 31st 2009, 2:40 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many 'guest rooms' do you have?

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

Its funny how some are considerate and respectful and some assume that they can come any time of the year for as long as they like and dont need to contribute in any way, these are often the people as Selina said, you dont see back in the UK.

We were talking about you on Sunday, Mr PP was saying about that new road to Bunbury and if we can ever afford a new car, it would be nice to drive down and catch up.

Being able to afford a new car is a sore subject, we dont know when he will be back at work

Sometimes, friends know how to behave more than family - so my colleague told me after his MIL stayed for 3 months.

Thats usually the case PP - i'd take friends any day before certain members of my family
Old Aug 31st 2009, 2:55 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

Its funny how some are considerate and respectful and some assume that they can come any time of the year for as long as they like and dont need to contribute in any way, these are often the people as Selina said, you dont see back in the UK.

We were talking about you on Sunday, Mr PP was saying about that new road to Bunbury and if we can ever afford a new car, it would be nice to drive down and catch up.

Being able to afford a new car is a sore subject, we dont know when he will be back at work

Sometimes, friends know how to behave more than family - so my colleague told me after his MIL stayed for 3 months.
My visitors did contribute sort of the last time they were here (apart from the car) but it still costs more than I think they realise. They are good visitors as far as helping out but for me the main point is the length of time they stay for, half the year is a bloody long time and then when you have another come for 2/3 months and then before you know it the others are back, it is just too much all the time. Anyway now I am having a break from the family hopefully some of my mates will be able to make it over ... I havnt been totally put off, but then they wouldnt stay for months on end .... I HOPE LOL

Abdul is on the mend thats the main thing, the rest .. well, it will work out in time mate. Has the insurance paid up yet ? and you know you are both always welcome whenever you are down this neck of the woods and of course Rocky dog
Old Aug 31st 2009, 3:24 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
My visitors did contribute sort of the last time they were here (apart from the car) but it still costs more than I think they realise. They are good visitors as far as helping out but for me the main point is the length of time they stay for, half the year is a bloody long time and then when you have another come for 2/3 months and then before you know it the others are back, it is just too much all the time. Anyway now I am having a break from the family hopefully some of my mates will be able to make it over ... I havnt been totally put off, but then they wouldnt stay for months on end .... I HOPE LOL

Abdul is on the mend thats the main thing, the rest .. well, it will work out in time mate. Has the insurance paid up yet ? and you know you are both always welcome whenever you are down this neck of the woods and of course Rocky dog
The insurance paid out on our car straight away, they were so good but as half the car was on finance and the other paid for by cash, then we are not left with much.

Rocky is following Mr PP around like a lost sheep at the moment, to the toilet, kitchen, everywhere.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 10:58 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Yet another BE thread ends in Monty Python's 3 Yorkshiremen sketch...
Well I don't think it ended. I've posted it before, I think.