Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How many 'guest rooms' do you have?

Wikiposts

How many 'guest rooms' do you have?

Old Aug 28th 2009, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many 'guest rooms' do you have?

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Sounds like fun
I have told my Mother and father in law to bring ear plugs with two teenage monsters in the house.They are not the sweet girls they last saw two years agoSue.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 10:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I have a 3 bedroom duplex which is quite small really and we can just about accommodate one other adult without the place feeling overcrowded - despite two other bedrooms.
You and my mother would get on like a house on fire, obsessing over detail.

Everytime I paid a visit to my mother, I would always spread my Army 'green maggot' sleeping bag out on the bed in the spare room and Mum would fuss around with the linen etc.

I'd be as happy on the floor!

We have no guest rooms on account of our rapidly spreading family - with all 3 tabled to be in use by the end of the year. So people can rough it in the living room - and do so quite happily. They sometimes take my eldest daughter's bedroom who at 4, has a double bed (she doesn't know she is born that one). It is an old squeaky bed so there is no chance of guests horizontal dooner-dancing.

My office is being built soon out the back.

Originally Posted by jond
We have 2 spare bedrooms. one with a shower and toilet and the other is full of crap.

It doesn't matter though as no one likes us so we don't have any guests
Quite.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 10:56 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
You and my mother would get on like a house on fire, obsessing over detail.

Everytime I paid a visit to my mother, I would always spread my Army 'green maggot' sleeping bag out on the bed in the spare room and Mum would fuss around with the linen etc.

I'd be as happy on the floor!

We have no guest rooms on account of our rapidly spreading family - with all 3 tabled to be in use by the end of the year. So people can rough it in the living room - and do so quite happily. They sometimes take my eldest daughter's bedroom who at 4, has a double bed (she doesn't know she is born that one). It is an old squeaky bed so there is no chance of guests horizontal dooner-dancing.

My office is being built soon out the back.

Quite.
To be honest its not fussing over detail, its whether or not your guests manage to cause havoc in your lives.

My friend stayed with me when I was back in London, she hated the fact my cat was an indoor cat and tried to move things around, let the cat out etc.

As I say, if visitors fit in with you and your way of life then fine. But they have to remember that you are not on holiday, this is your everyday life.

Personally I could not treat anyones home as a guest house, I could not invite myself for a holiday for several months, and certainly would I not expect to be kept for free.

Its not fussing, its common respect.

I mean seriously, why should anyone expect me to change my rooms to suit them?
Old Aug 28th 2009, 11:04 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest its not fussing over detail, its whether or not your guests manage to cause havoc in your lives.

My friend stayed with me when I was back in London, she hated the fact my cat was an indoor cat and tried to move things around, let the cat out etc.

As I say, if visitors fit in with you and your way of life then fine. But they have to remember that you are not on holiday, this is your everyday life.

Personally I could not treat anyones home as a guest house, I could not invite myself for a holiday for several months, and certainly would I not expect to be kept for free.

Exactly, don't do it.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 11:07 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

4 bedroom house, 3 of which are used for my family. The "spare" bedroom is used for my sewing room. I've never had my own sewing room, so I am not sharing with anyone. No way, no how. Guests can either sleep on the couch or if it's someone like my mum they can have my daughter's room while she sleeps on the couch. Anyone who invites themselves to stay with me can sleep at a hotel.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 11:09 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
4 bedroom house, 3 of which are used for my family. The "spare" bedroom is used for my sewing room. I've never had my own sewing room, so I am not sharing with anyone. No way, no how. Guests can either sleep on the couch or if it's someone like my mum they can have my daughter's room while she sleeps on the couch. Anyone who invites themselves to stay with me can sleep at a hotel.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 11:10 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

So my question is, how many rooms do you allocate for guests, do you have a limit as to how many people you would accommodate?
In which house

The town house or the seaside retreat
Old Aug 28th 2009, 11:34 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Had a relative over recently for about 6 weeks.. everything I did they wanted to change.. twasn't me.. was just the way they are with everyone..

Came home to find furniture moved.. plants moved.. veggies and dinners planned changed to suit their plans...

Its hard.. you get most who try and fit in.. some who totally fit in and then the odd ball who just can't fit in.. my visitor fitted into the latter...

I just coped.. about.. I could have rowed continously with her, but I chose not to... she is a lovely person but just isnt great at "fitting in".. hopefully she won't visit too often!

Em x
Old Aug 28th 2009, 11:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

We've got four bedrooms (plus study used for storage and ensuited maids room where I keep my sewing etc but taken over by our cat and her kittens at the moment). We have one of those big blow up queen size mattresses that we put in our room for our kids. When people come over they just have one of the kids rooms (they're all ensuited). Recently we had husband's mum and two aunts and they had the three kids rooms and the kids bunked in with us. We just move people around to suit at the time.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 11:57 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

4 bedrooms, 1 of which is the spare room. Queen bed, chest of draws and bedside table. I don't have any friends in the UK so nobody to gatecrash. Family stay there when they come and they share the bathroom with my girls. Everyone else has it so complicated, be a miserable bitch like me with no friends and your world will become a better place
Old Aug 28th 2009, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
4 bedrooms, 1 of which is the spare room. Queen bed, chest of draws and bedside table. I don't have any friends in the UK so nobody to gatecrash. Family stay there when they come and they share the bathroom with my girls. Everyone else has it so complicated, be a miserable bitch like me with no friends and your world will become a better place

We are all working towards your utopia ! lol

Em x
Old Aug 29th 2009, 12:10 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
In which house

The town house or the seaside retreat
Either.

I didnt know you had two houses.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 12:12 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

are we counting caravans as well?
Old Aug 29th 2009, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

When the inlaws stayed for 2 months over Christmas, I overheard them saying to Adam's sister 'you could all come with us next time, there's loads of space for you....'

My answer would be 'yes, in our 6-car garage..... it does have a wood-burner'
Old Aug 29th 2009, 12:27 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

The hotel down the road is.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.