Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

how long for visas after medicals

how long for visas after medicals

Old Jan 4th 2007, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Bexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how long for visas after medicals

There is hope then!!
Bexie
Old Jan 4th 2007, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thewoodz
we were really lucky.
our medicals were requested on 24.11.06
and where signed for in Sydney on 22.12.06.
we had our visa grant 03.01.07

less than two weeks and they had time off for christmas and new year in between
we still have not come down from the ceiling.

good luck to all of you waiting it will happen when you least expect it
You getting your visa has turned me into a fruitcake I had it in my head it would be end of January before we heard anything. Then I saw your 'Got It'. Now I am like a woman possessed!!:scared:
Nicky x
Old Jan 4th 2007, 9:23 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leechy100
You getting your visa has turned me into a fruitcake I had it in my head it would be end of January before we heard anything. Then I saw your 'Got It'. Now I am like a woman possessed!!:scared:
Nicky x
must admit i was also gearing up for the end of Jan!!!

so i am convinced my agent rang the wrong person

you'll prob feel like jelly like me soon then
Old Jan 4th 2007, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Bexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno bout fruit cake! I am a nut cake now! Go back to school on Monday, which is probably a really good thing - cos it might make the time pass more quickly? Pleeeeease DIMIA, make me sane again!
Bexie
Old Jan 4th 2007, 11:11 am
barlow brickie

ferguson641120 will become famous soon enoughferguson641120 will become famous soon enough

We are in the same boat. Our meds were sent on the 15th December and we are just waiting now. I too am getting really impatient. We are also heading for Perth and hope to be going end of Feb. Where abouts in Stoke are you? We are in Newcastle. Good luck with the wait, lets hope it's not too long!!!
Nicky x
we are from trentham originally but we live in stoke now.
where abouts in castle are you?

we are having our medicals 1st feb so hopefully we won't be too far behind you.
i can't believe how excited i feel about it all!
xxjade
Old Jan 4th 2007, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ferguson641120
we are from trentham originally but we live in stoke now.
where abouts in castle are you?

we are having our medicals 1st feb so hopefully we won't be too far behind you.
i can't believe how excited i feel about it all!
xxjade
Good luck with the meds. Where are you having them done? We went up to Manchester to Dr Million, only cos they could get us in the following week and everything was done there.
We are in Clayton. Living in a rental cos we sold the house and moved out in November. Half of our stuff is in boxes!
Where are you heading to? We are going to Perth.
Nicky x
Old Jan 4th 2007, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Neil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to all

May I ask you; who was your agent, how much did they charge and were they worth-while? Neil
Originally Posted by paulhill
We sent off our medicals and police checks in September and our agent said it would take approximately three months however we heard within seven weeks. From sending off passports for visas that took eight days. We are going to Brisbane - Gold Coast in Feb next year. Good luck and Happy New Year
Old Jan 4th 2007, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Neil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to all
Smile Re: how long for visas after medicals

Neil here; how was your agent; how much did they charge, who were they, and were you7 happy with them? Regards!
Originally Posted by Wendy
The reply I got from my agent when I asked her was that they take anything from 4 to 12 weeks usually.

Ours came through 3 weeks after they received our meds and Police checks (That was last year)
Old Jan 4th 2007, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Our agents have been very slow, unresponsive and very expensive. They will get the job done eventually. In hindsight, we should have used a different agent - boy I wish I'd discovered this forum before embarking on this whole process. I hear that Go Matilda are excellent - 2 friends have used them and swear by them! Also, they get a lot of positive vibes on this forum. Good luck, but go with reccommendation.
Beccy
Old Jan 4th 2007, 5:26 pm
barlow brickie

ferguson641120 will become famous soon enoughferguson641120 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: how long for visas after medicals

Good luck with the meds. Where are you having them done? We went up to Manchester to Dr Million, only cos they could get us in the following week and everything was done there.
We are in Clayton. Living in a rental cos we sold the house and moved out in November. Half of our stuff is in boxes!
Nicky x
hi nicky,

we are having our medicals done in shrewsbury as they were the only ones with availability before the end of feb.

so at what stage did you sell your house? we are undecided whether to wait until everything has gone through just to be on the safe side. what do you think? everyone says that once you go for medicals, if everything is ok, you will definately get in, have you been told that too?

we were expecting it to be six months after the medicals to get our visas so hearing these replys we are made up.

we know clayton well, my cousin lives on ferndown.

xx
jade
Old Jan 4th 2007, 5:27 pm
barlow brickie

Nicky x
oh yeah forgot to mention that we are going to perth, around rockingham area.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ferguson641120
hi nicky,

we are having our medicals done in shrewsbury as they were the only ones with availability before the end of feb.

so at what stage did you sell your house? we are undecided whether to wait until everything has gone through just to be on the safe side. what do you think? everyone says that once you go for medicals, if everything is ok, you will definately get in, have you been told that too?

we were expecting it to be six months after the medicals to get our visas so hearing these replys we are made up.

we know clayton well, my cousin lives on ferndown.

xx
jade

I have PM'd you
Nicky x
Old Jan 4th 2007, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Thanx Bexie How much did your mates pay with Go Matilda, and is it double for a (married) couple, or the same?
Originally Posted by Bexie
Our agents have been very slow, unresponsive and very expensive. They will get the job done eventually. In hindsight, we should have used a different agent - boy I wish I'd discovered this forum before embarking on this whole process. I hear that Go Matilda are excellent - 2 friends have used them and swear by them! Also, they get a lot of positive vibes on this forum. Good luck, but go with reccommendation.
Beccy