How I sat the IELTS

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Pavel Grigoriev is just really nicePavel Grigoriev is just really nicePavel Grigoriev is just really nicePavel Grigoriev is just really nicePavel Grigoriev is just really nicePavel Grigoriev is just really nicePavel Grigoriev is just really nicePavel Grigoriev is just really nicePavel Grigoriev is just really nice
Default How I sat the IELTS

So, I had the IELTS these weekends. I was sad after the writing task but, now in details...

1. Listening. Generally, not difficult, there were some problems with the second and the third sections. In the second part a woman spoke very quickly and sometimes I could not understand her. In the third part I missed 5 questions at the beginning ((. The first and the last ones were the easiest.

No break. Just for saying about how to write answers...Shocked

2. Reading. This part was more easy than previous but I got one problem. I think it is because of our trip. As you know we went to another city to take the exam. It was Moscow. It takes about 6-7 hours to get over there by train. We used a night train and so we didn't sleep enough. I've done all this part(as I thought...) and discovered in the answer sheet 5 empty rows. It was a disaster. I missed 5 last questions. They were written at the back side of the last page. I was in a panic! I found 3 or 2 answers and the rest questions I just tried to guess.

...I am so tired tonight, I will continue tomorrow...
Pavel
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 7:14 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How I sat the IELTS

Well done Pavel, sounds like you are doing really well
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Susi_Ash will become famous soon enough

hey pavel! sounds like you did well! - don't worry about a few missed questions. you don't need 100%

keep us informed with the result!!

Susi
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:11 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

yes - your thread on here is easy to understand so if you answered your questions aswell you should be OK
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:15 pm
Addicted Member

Contact Lensed Optimist will become famous soon enough

Hello Pavel,

It is good to hear from you.

I am saddened that everything is so stressful for you and your wife. It will be worth all the effort in the end. Sending you lots positive energy.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Pavel Grigoriev is just really nicePavel Grigoriev is just really nicePavel Grigoriev is just really nicePavel Grigoriev is just really nicePavel Grigoriev is just really nicePavel Grigoriev is just really nicePavel Grigoriev is just really nicePavel Grigoriev is just really nicePavel Grigoriev is just really nice
Post Re: How I sat the IELTS

Hi everybody!

At first, thank you all for the good words!

And second, as I promised I give the continuation.

It was the writing task....so, I don't know what to say about it... it wasn't difficult but I'm not sure in the success of it. The subjects were:
1.You used an Airport services to get to somewhere. You had some problem over there and an employee helped you very much. Write a letter to the airport manager and tell him what do you want him to do...
2. Write an essay. Nowadays we use different ways to know about the a situation in the world. Radio, TV, newspapers and the Internet. Which one is most important and useful for the humankind...

In the letter I wrote approximately 200 words(150 is needed) and in the essay I wrote 200 words too...maybe a little bit more (!250 is needed!!!). Underlenght essay and letters are penalty...

OK, forget it until the results will be known.

The speaking part.

It was a most free part for me. I could just speak and have a relax. The examiner was a beautiful woman, native speaker. She spoke very quickly and when she invited me to come in, I didn't understand her...that time I was scared of thinking that I would re-ask her after each question. But the interview was finished and I re-asked just once because I wanted to make sure that I understood her question.

I don't want to guess about the marks. We will see. And sure I put my score in this post.

Waiting for your replies...
Pavel
Old Apr 4th 2007, 5:38 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Pavel, how long do you have to wait for the results?
Old Apr 4th 2007, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ws99
Well done Pavel, how long do you have to wait for the results?
They say that the results will be ready within 13 days...very strange, isn't it?
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:46 pm
Addicted Member

Contact Lensed Optimist will become famous soon enough

Good evening Pavel,

try to stay positive and focus your mind on other things for at least the next twelve days. Perhaps read some of the other threads on this site, they can be quite entertaining. I read some entries last night that made me laugh so much that tears ran down my face. My DH had to drag me away from the computer incase I injured myself.

Take care,

C.L.O.