Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How Election outcome affecting us!

Wikiposts

How Election outcome affecting us!

Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

OzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant future
Default Re: How Election outcome affecting us!

Originally Posted by renth
I don't believe it is false. What about Australian's of the year Fiona Wood: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiona_Wood

and

Ian Frazer - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Frazer

or Gustav Nossal - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustav_Nossal

Plus plenty of high calibre Aussie leaders come back after a stint abroad, like Sir Rod Eddington or Cate Blanchett in the Arts world.
So because you can name a few the general premise isn't false? The vast majority of over-achievers never return. Fact.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:18 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzExpat
So because you can name a few the general premise isn't false? The vast majority of over-achievers never return. Fact.
I don't believe that to be the case. I'm not saying it's a fact though because I don't have the numbers. Presumably you do?
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:39 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I believe it is Australia's loss when they lose their most brilliant minds in fields such as Medicine, Technology and Business. Your point that they are being replaced by migrants of similar caliber is just plain false.
Like I have stated above, people move around. In the English speaking arts world, North America and the UK are where it's at - hence the desire for these people to move there. Same for academics and medicine. Some people from other countries move here. It's all good.

Like I have said previously, you are obviously bitter and twisted about this - do what you need to do.

Last edited by Amazulu; Aug 24th 2010 at 1:03 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:50 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

The vast majority of over-achievers never return. Fact.
Fact?
Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice
Question Will DIAC suspend Visas applications before 2011?

Hi
Good day
I am studying for IELTS trying to obtain 7 in all skills, my date of test is 30OCT and I have decided to sit IELTS until I obtain 7 in all skills before 2011
I feel that situation is not much sustainable and due to election and what candidates state about immigration roles, new government may change the roles or even suspend the applications any time,
I know that nobody is able to anticipate future of visa application,
But I believe that many of you are chasing election news and are able to analysis existing circumstances and come out with a consistent conclusion close to what is really going to happen,
Therefore I appreciate if you could provide me with your suggestions and advises,
Regards

Last edited by QLDlover; Aug 26th 2010 at 3:13 am.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

qadeer591 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will DIAC suspend Visas applications before 2011?

Originally Posted by r_1159
Hi
Good day
I am studying for IELTS trying to obtain 7 in all skills, my date of test is 30OCT and I have decided to sit IELTS as many times as I obtain 7 in all skills before 2011
I feel that situation is not much sustainable and due to election and what candidates state about immigration roles, new government may change the roles or even suspend the applications any time,
I know that nobody is able to anticipate future of visa application,
But I believe that many of you are chasing election news and are able to analysis existing circumstances and come out with a consistent conclusion close to what is really going to happen,
Therefore I appreciate if you could provide me with your suggestions and advises,
Regards
Why haven't you applied yet since you have already got positive skills assessment from IEAust?
Is it because of low IELTS score?
Old Aug 26th 2010, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice
Default Re: Will DIAC suspend Visas applications before 2011?

Originally Posted by qadeer591
Why haven't you applied yet since you have already got positive skills assessment from IEAust?
Is it because of low IELTS score?
No, due to shortage of 5 points
Old Aug 26th 2010, 3:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Merged with the other discussion on the subject.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 4:39 am
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by renth
I don't believe that to be the case. I'm not saying it's a fact though because I don't have the numbers. Presumably you do?
http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/medi...08/ce08098.htm

I doubt anyone would have the complete "facts" on this either way. But I would say that the reality is that most that have the education and experience do leave. Australia is a nation that under pays and over charges - very few could argue that. So those that have the talent are naturally not going to stay. Do they come back - that will depend on whether the taxes are higher there or here. In the case of the over achievers and talented the grass in greener on the other side.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 10:13 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mic n mat

I doubt anyone would have the complete "facts" on this either way. But I would say that the reality is that most that have the education and experience do leave. Australia is a nation that under pays and over charges - very few could argue that. So those that have the talent are naturally not going to stay. Do they come back - that will depend on whether the taxes are higher there or here. In the case of the over achievers and talented the grass in greener on the other side.
NZ must be a cultural dynamo to be taking most of Aus' best talent
Old Aug 28th 2010, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

I would guess that a significant percentage of Australians who leave permanently have multiple passports so leave "permanently" for tax reasons until they come home again. Some of course stay but that is the nature of the world today...everyone moving around, we lose some, and gain some.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 11:17 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fish.01
I would guess that a significant percentage of Australians who leave permanently have multiple passports so leave "permanently" for tax reasons until they come home again. Some of course stay but that is the nature of the world today...everyone moving around, we lose some, and gain some.
I think a certain Mr Hogan might like to leave permanently at the moment.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I think a certain Mr Hogan might like to leave permanently at the moment.
Yes. He probably actually wants to leave permanently I'm not suggesting people wouldn't want to leave permanently btw, from what I saw of the world there are many great places you could live and may prefer, just that those figures don't tell the full story.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 4:06 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mic n mat

I doubt anyone would have the complete "facts" on this either way. But I would say that the reality is that most that have the education and experience do leave.
Really? You think that the majority of experienced and skilled Australian workers emigrate?

In a developed country with a young population of 21.5m and net immigration, 76,000 emigrating (half of whom were immigrants in the first place!) is not a big concern. There are more skilled and experienced workers arriving and being created internally every day.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 9:31 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
Really? You think that the majority of experienced and skilled Australian workers emigrate?

In a developed country with a young population of 21.5m and net immigration, 76,000 emigrating (half of whom were immigrants in the first place!) is not a big concern. There are more skilled and experienced workers arriving and being created internally every day.
76,000 a day is 27,740,000 a year, so perhaps not quite that many.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.