Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How Election outcome affecting us!

Wikiposts

How Election outcome affecting us!

Old Aug 23rd 2010, 12:08 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Election outcome affecting us!

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Why don't you contact the site's admin and ask them for the policies? It's been a very longstanding policy of this forum (for longer than I've been a member anyway) that the immigration forum is for factual discussions with no chat or speculation. Posters are welcome to open threads in that section that are on-topic sharing facts. Speculation, rumour, gossip, thoughts with no supporting documentation go in the Barbie section of the forum where they can be discussed and speculated on.

As Polly said, if you're not happy about the way this forum runs there are loads out there for you to try.
Please don't refer to this discussion as an argument, the OP's point and I have to say I do agree hence my support, is that the reasons you have closed and moved his thread if applied to other threads would (and should) result in many many closures and moves.

To be told so early in a discussion that basically if you don't like it f@ck off somewhere else strikes me as heavy handed, impatient and demonstrates questionable justification of moderator actions (amongst other things).

xx
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
Please don't refer to this discussion as an argument, the OP's point and I have to say I do agree hence my support, is that the reasons you have closed and moved his thread if applied to other threads would (and should) result in many many closures and moves.

To be told so early in a discussion that basically if you don't like it f@ck off somewhere else strikes me as heavy handed, impatient and demonstrates questionable justification of moderator actions (amongst other things).

xx

This thread is in the Barbie now, and in this virtual barbie you seem to be the annoying kid throwing a tantrum in the corner of the patio. Fine.... we'll talk to you again once you've put your dummy back in and stopped crying.

Pollyana does a fine job.

JTL
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 12:25 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

xx
What are you talking about? I did not move, close or do anything else his thread. I am not a moderator so I'm not sure why you are quoting me when bitching about heavy handedness. And just to clear something up, nobody told anyone that " basically if you don't like it f@ck off somewhere else". Simply that if people don't like the rules and policies of this forum there are others they may feel more comfortable frequenting. Also, just for the record, Polly does a very good job here and takes far more crap than any person deserves.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 12:33 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

What are you talking about? I did not move, close or do anything else his thread. I am not a moderator so I'm not sure why you are quoting me when bitching about heavy handedness. And just to clear something up, nobody told anyone that " basically if you don't like it f@ck off somewhere else". Simply that if people don't like the rules and policies of this forum there are others they may feel more comfortable frequenting. Also, just for the record, Polly does a very good job here and takes far more crap than any person deserves.
Sorry you must just sound like one sometimes.

Anyway i think i'm going to take your advice for a bit

"if people don't like the rules and policies of this forum (if you don't like it) there are others they may feel more comfortable frequenting" (f@ck off somewhere else)

See all you folks later

xx
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 12:35 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry you must just sound like one sometimes.

Anyway i think i'm going to take your advice for a bit

"if people don't like the rules and policies of this forum (if you don't like it) there are others they may feel more comfortable frequenting" (f@ck off somewhere else)

See all you folks later

xx
If that's how you want to interpret it, that's up to you. But that isn't what was said.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 12:48 am
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by OzExpat
Obviously bitter? How so? Because I disagree with your hate-filled right-wing vitriol? Because I care about what has become of my home country?

I'm sure you work with good engineers, I'm talking about the top of the heap, the people who are truly the top of their field. Australia struggles to keep people like that on their shores. Why do you think that is?
Aus is a great place if you like being stuck in a time warp and are comfortable with not advancing. Nothing wrong with that as it can make for a nice and slow comfortable life - it certainly has the weather for that! I'm surprised that it's not a nation completely over run with government employees - as that's their chosen lot in life.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

OzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant futureOzExpat has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Agree or disagree with my viewpoint, I really, really couldn't give a shit. I don't give a shit about your opinion either.

The world is a big place. For some the grass is greener or lights brighter in other countries - so they move there. Other people like what Australia has to offer and move here. Where's the problem with that?

Where are you living?
Your opinions seem to be based on hard right-wing views that often fall apart under scrutiny (as do hard-left), I was simply pointing this out. I obviously couldn't care less about what some egotistical migrant in Perth thinks either, but this is a discussion board and everybody can have an opinion.

I believe it is Australia's loss when they lose their most brilliant minds in fields such as Medicine, Technology and Business. Your point that they are being replaced by migrants of similar caliber is just plain false.

I live in the USA currently if that is relevant.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

living_legend is an unknown quantity at this point

Why don't you contact the site's admin and ask them for the policies? It's been a very longstanding policy of this forum (for longer than I've been a member anyway) that the immigration forum is for factual discussions with no chat or speculation. Posters are welcome to open threads in that section that are on-topic sharing facts. Speculation, rumour, gossip, thoughts with no supporting documentation go in the Barbie section of the forum where they can be discussed and speculated on.

As Polly said, if you're not happy about the way this forum runs there are loads out there for you to try.
Thanks for stating the rules of the forum at least here madam, so if somebody search the keyword "rules" they may come across this post frankly I didn't know such rule exist because I couldn't find it anywhere, unless you have stated such rules how can you expect newly joined members to find them out! Maybe you know them as you're a senior member. I'm sorry that I did a mistake by opening the thread on a a "chatty" topic

I'm happy about the forum & all the members like myself who make this place such a value! End of the day members are the life blood of any forum But I wonder why moderators are always bad tempered and suggesting members to leave... Can forum run without us "members" ? I can find facts without visiting to the forum, but from the day I started with posting I feel like being in a family of like minded people. End of the day if you look at other threads you will find more than enough speculation regarding the recent ASCO, ANZSCO transformation & recent changes. What I believe is, most discussions start with speculations and members feed facts to them & make the point more useful!

Thanks for the rules madam hope it'll be here for people to follow!
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

xx
Mate,

Thanks for your support on my thoughts, "rule" is written here by Dorothy, so people will follow it. I have seen lot of moves in immi section but it doesn't matter for contributory members. At the end members are running the forum posts & so called facts are adding up because of members!
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 5:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by living_legend
Thanks for stating the rules of the forum at least here madam, so if somebody search the keyword "rules" they may come across this post frankly I didn't know such rule exist because I couldn't find it anywhere, unless you have stated such rules how can you expect newly joined members to find them out! Maybe you know them as you're a senior member. I'm sorry that I did a mistake by opening the thread on a a "chatty" topic

I'm happy about the forum & all the members like myself who make this place such a value! End of the day members are the life blood of any forum But I wonder why moderators are always bad tempered and suggesting members to leave... Can forum run without us "members" ? I can find facts without visiting to the forum, but from the day I started with posting I feel like being in a family of like minded people. End of the day if you look at other threads you will find more than enough speculation regarding the recent ASCO, ANZSCO transformation & recent changes. What I believe is, most discussions start with speculations and members feed facts to them & make the point more useful!

Thanks for the rules madam hope it'll be here for people to follow!
There is a link to the site rules at the foot of every page. They are also referenced in numerous threads, both ordinary and sticky.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
There is a link to the site rules at the foot of every page. They are also referenced in numerous threads, both ordinary and sticky.
Found them on footer! Thanks
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 9:38 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
One thing I am really picking up throughout this election, standing by as someone who considers himself agnostic the current political parties, is how agressive some of the Lib/Nat posters are on here. Seriously, guys read back some of your postings on the election threads, I don't think you would recognise yourselves. I have watched people who I previously thought as very rational reasonable people turn into absolute nutters willing to spout any party-line bullsh!t that comes to their heads. It actually completely reflected the behaviour of the Lib/Nats on the Channel9 panel last night (particularly from Kroger and Joyce), which was commented on by Laurie Oakes as disgraceful behaviour. In contrast, people like Arbib, who were on that panel to add further spice because of his reknowned personality acted with complete calmness. I think it was also Oakes who said last night, that this is the sort of behaviour the Lib/Nats need to tone down and start treating people with more respect if they want people to swing their way. Same goes on here unfortunately
I've seen the same. Funny as the dyed in blue supporters denigrated the dyed in red supporters for being blinkered.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 2:48 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by living_legend
Found them on footer! Thanks
Apology accepted.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 6:35 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzExpat
I believe it is Australia's loss when they lose their most brilliant minds in fields such as Medicine, Technology and Business. Your point that they are being replaced by migrants of similar caliber is just plain false.
I don't believe it is false. What about Australian's of the year Fiona Wood: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiona_Wood

and

Ian Frazer - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Frazer

or Gustav Nossal - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustav_Nossal

Plus plenty of high calibre Aussie leaders come back after a stint abroad, like Sir Rod Eddington or Cate Blanchett in the Arts world.

Last edited by renth; Aug 23rd 2010 at 6:38 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 8:54 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Gillard is a hard-left socialist and union puppet.
I vehemently disagree with the proposition that Gillard stands for anything. BTW, the Unions are the ALP's right wing: she couldn't be a hard-left socialist and a union puppet simultaneously.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.