Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How do you celebrate your Christmas?

How do you celebrate your Christmas?

Old Nov 13th 2009, 11:10 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do you celebrate your Christmas?

Originally Posted by JenJen
Well you're not missing out, other than a 5 minute flurry (literally) it's not snowed at xmas time since I was a little girl - i'm now 31 :O
Rather now it tends to snow in January and February when everyone is back to work the kids are at school and deadlocks all the roads, not nice, not enjoyable and even the kids don't enjoy it as there's never enough for them to have the day off, and unfortuantely our dogs not a puppy anymore so he's too big to lose in the snow was the only fun in the snow I used to get lol

Feel better now???
Er, I've only been away from Scotland 2 years and I remember the winter well, still got snow at xmas the odd year up till i left. Fab it was
Old Nov 13th 2009, 11:12 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Can you hear the rush of air? That's the escape of disappointment!
Mr PP called me and told me that a bus had rolled back down the hill and then gave up after a few attempts.

Its funny how where we lived - the transport and council never could cope with snow. Its alright when it is crisp and white and lovely but when it turns to slush/black ice and you fall flat on your arse, no fun then.

But still, I could go a nice bit of snow - just for xmas if I may be so greedy.
Old Nov 14th 2009, 5:57 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

You know I wish I still believed in Father Christmas, I miss that magic as a kid - waiting for him to come, too excited to fall asleep.

Mr PP has asked me about my xmas list and I will write stuff down and he will choose off the list, actually if I may be so greedy I would like a white Toyota Yaris automatic but knowing me I would be too scared to drive it on my own but I would polish it, wash it and love it and probably change the numberplate to 'Wax1'.

I would like a selection box, a stocking filled with fruit, I would like snow on xmas Day, I would like to have a BBQ on the beach and for my Dad to be there, I would like for my best friend to be here and I would like one of those Ipod things - Ipod touch I think its called.

So it is quite a greedy list and most of it impossible.

What do you wish for, on Christmas Day - whether it be possible/impossible?
Old Nov 14th 2009, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

So it is quite a greedy list and most of it impossible.

What do you wish for, on Christmas Day - whether it be possible/impossible?
It has been many, many years since I have asked for anything at Christmas apart from the occasional book. To me, the whole giving and asking of presents is quite materialistic. If I want something, we'll plan it and get it. Never worked out why families feel the need to set budgets and spend just because everyone else does. For me, Christmas marks a time of year to reflect on the year - and time off work.
Old Nov 14th 2009, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
It has been many, many years since I have asked for anything at Christmas apart from the occasional book. To me, the whole giving and asking of presents is quite materialistic. If I want something, we'll plan it and get it. Never worked out why families feel the need to set budgets and spend just because everyone else does. For me, Christmas marks a time of year to reflect on the year - and time off work.
Mr PP only have each other to get for, I have far too many nieces/nephews to do the whole pressie thing.

However this year I have a few special people to get a little present for purely for being there when I really needed them when Mr PP was in hospital. Nothing extravagent just a small gift.
Old Nov 14th 2009, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Mr PP only have each other to get for, I have far too many nieces/nephews to do the whole pressie thing.

However this year I have a few special people to get a little present for purely for being there when I really needed them when Mr PP was in hospital. Nothing extravagent just a small gift.
Sure. But I have always detested that whole thing around Christmas lists. I remember knowing people when I was growing up who had to get part-time jobs for months just so that they could get the mandatory present on a list they felt some sort of impulsion to make and they were barely old enough to get a job! I can understand the way people feel obliged to give their children a present - but this whole give everyone a present fills me with unease.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 10:46 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

So ppl do tell me how would i celebrate my first Christmas in Oz?
Old Nov 17th 2009, 10:49 am

So ppl do tell me how would i celebrate my first Christmas in Oz?
Dont compare it to the UK too much, accept that it will be different and go with the flow.

Sure I would like a good dose of snow but good food and good company is a winner for me and the main thing.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 10:51 am
Account Closed

Dont compare it to the UK too much, accept that it will be different and go with the flow.

Sure I would like a good dose of snow but good food and good company is a winner for me and the main thing.
And would lovely PP and Mr PP honour us with they're presence and pets for Christmas one year??? ROAD TRIP
Old Nov 17th 2009, 11:35 am

And would lovely PP and Mr PP honour us with they're presence and pets for Christmas one year??? ROAD TRIP
We would probably have to get the train which I have always wanted to do, cant see Mr PP being able to manage a drive that long now.

Not sure how long it will be before Mr PP is allowed to fly after the PE's on his lungs, does anyone know if there is a timeframe on that?

When are you guys heading back?
Old Nov 17th 2009, 12:08 pm
Account Closed

We would probably have to get the train which I have always wanted to do, cant see Mr PP being able to manage a drive that long now.

Not sure how long it will be before Mr PP is allowed to fly after the PE's on his lungs, does anyone know if there is a timeframe on that?

When are you guys heading back?
Hopefully early next year we'll miss xmas out there , we're currently waiting on a letter clearly stating the offer made to hubby and just confirm salary etc then we're gonna send off Chloe's visa and be selling the house and the biits we don't want to take with us :$
I am wondering if we should take a couple of short breaks on the way there to ease the pressure between when we arrive and get a rental and the stuff arriving cause that probably the last straw on top of being pregnant and ill and homesick last time. Well you are going to be invited again as soon as we're settled, would be lovely to meet you both

I will be watching GMTV this year though and will be looking for you so you make sure you push your way through the hoards to the front - or just take Rocky with you?
Old Nov 17th 2009, 12:43 pm

Hopefully early next year we'll miss xmas out there , we're currently waiting on a letter clearly stating the offer made to hubby and just confirm salary etc then we're gonna send off Chloe's visa and be selling the house and the biits we don't want to take with us :$
I am wondering if we should take a couple of short breaks on the way there to ease the pressure between when we arrive and get a rental and the stuff arriving cause that probably the last straw on top of being pregnant and ill and homesick last time. Well you are going to be invited again as soon as we're settled, would be lovely to meet you both

I will be watching GMTV this year though and will be looking for you so you make sure you push your way through the hoards to the front - or just take Rocky with you?
We will meet for sure and when you do get to Sydney, Ill send you my number so if you do feel homesick or in need of a chat you bloody well call me.

I cant take Rocky, it will be so hot and I dont think he would be allowed on the beach. Ill just get my tits out.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 3:49 pm
Account Closed

We will meet for sure and when you do get to Sydney, Ill send you my number so if you do feel homesick or in need of a chat you bloody well call me.

I cant take Rocky, it will be so hot and I dont think he would be allowed on the beach. Ill just get my tits out.
I was going to put that would be lovely - but thought you would take it as a reply to your last comment

It would be great to have your number thank you sooo much PP you're a sweetheart

Hubby did say though that he hopes he's not at work and he'll make sure he's watching too if you're going to get your tits out :O
Shameful my husband - will Mr PP be with you.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 11:17 pm

I was going to put that would be lovely - but thought you would take it as a reply to your last comment

It would be great to have your number thank you sooo much PP you're a sweetheart

Hubby did say though that he hopes he's not at work and he'll make sure he's watching too if you're going to get your tits out :O
Shameful my husband - will Mr PP be with you.
Oh yes, he would love to come to Sydney. Just need clearance I guess from the doctor if he can fly.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

You know I wish I still believed in Father Christmas, I miss that magic as a kid - waiting for him to come, too excited to fall asleep.
I never had that... Never believed in Father Christmas at all. Some girls told me when I was 3 that it was just a made up story so I knew before I got the chance to believe.

When my little boy (he's 17 months now) gets a little bit older I can't wait to do the Father Christmas thing with him, you know leave cookies and milk out and pretend we can hear sleigh bells I'm really looking forward to it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.